• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

‘Ohana Party of 2 - walk up possible for Dinner?

Erica Ladd

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had any luck walking up to “Ohana and getting a table? I missed our ADR day (stupid virus) and have had no luck with looking or setting alerts. Wondering if anyone has done this and if it would be better to try earlier or later during the dinner hours

Has anyone had any luck walking up to “Ohana and getting a table? I missed our ADR day (stupid virus) and have had no luck with looking or setting alerts. Wondering if anyone has done this and if it would be better to try earlier or later during the dinner hours

Highly unlikely unless you're willing to wait for possibly hours. Keep checking for an ADR all the way up to day of. People cancel all the time and especially within the last 24 hrs to avoid the no-show charge.

Almost impossible. There are thongs of crowds waiting to eat at 'Ohana all the time.

Do keep checking, with all that is going on right now I'd bet you may find openings. The touring plans reservation finder might help, but you have to act within seconds of an alert.

Set your party for 3 and see what pops up. If you can see them available and are not comfortable dropping one at the podium when you arrive then ring them up and try to reserve.

How did that just work???
I also can NEVER get a 2 person reservation on the app. I have always tried for 3-7 and then modify it back down to two. I had never heard of this either but saw it on a thread here. I tried even ON my ADR day at 6am for 5 days into the trip and couldn’t get anything!!

First thing is to keep checking all the way until the day of. People cancel all the time at the last minute.

Second technique would be to go right at the beginning of your seating to ask. Breakfast starts at 7:30 and dinner starts at 3:30. Walk up and see what's available, then maybe kill a few hours at the resort or in MK.

'Ohana is usually booked solid. My guess would be that a walk up would be near impossible. But hey, if you don't ask then the answer is always "no".

Well that trick to put 3 guests instead worked it even worked on another night as well!! Unfortunately it did not work at CG brunch or storybook Dining. Yet ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter