“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know what the gluten free offerings are for this party? DH is looking at this party for our upcoming trip.
TIA!!

Does anyone know what the gluten free offerings are for this party? DH is looking at this party for our upcoming trip.
TIA!!

I'm curious as well...but not holding my breath it would be any better than the nasty, cold (obviously had been frozen) Erin McKenna stuff they had at HEA.

I'm curious as well...but not holding my breath it would be any better than the nasty, cold (obviously had been frozen) Erin McKenna stuff they had at HEA.
Yep, had those at the HEA party in May. There were some things on the plate that I did like, but the chocolate covered strawberries from the regular dessert buffet were my favorite.

The SW dessert party gave me a goodie bag with cute sugar cookies in SW shapes, little parfait cookie jars, gf bread to use for the dips, and a bunch of other really nice goodies. There were also some things on the regular buffet I could eat and I really liked the savory items and flash frozen nutella mousse.

I'm hoping the gf offerings at the FEA party are better than the ones at HEA as well. I do not like Erin McKenna's bakery items. They're a huge disappointment and I would much rather an OMG It's Gluten Free! brownie from Sunshine Seasons. I also don't like the Enjoy Life cookies I've been given at Biergarten for dessert before, so hoping they aren't our only options.

If memory serves me right, I had the following in my little gluten-free kit for the FEA party in June: three different GF individual cake pots, a package of cookies, and I was able to eat the nitro popcorn as well. There were probably a few more small goodies in there, but it sounds like the Star Wars and Frozen parties give out the same GF sampler bag.

I'm trying to decide if this party is worth it to get a spot for Illuminations the weekend before Christmas? ... I was thinking of adding it to our CP package night. The other consideration is that there are only two of us and I know that means we will be sharing a table. Which wouldn't be a big deal (we are social people), but we did that at World of Color in Disneyland and it was a really awkward experience.

I'm trying to decide if this party is worth it to get a spot for Illuminations the weekend before Christmas?
I know for a fact that a lot of people attend the parties mainly to avoid having to obtain a viewing spot for the night time shows. I don't espouse to that line of thinking, not even for HEA. If I were to ever do a dessert party, it would be for the actual party experience. Viewing spots for Illuminations aren't usually an issue.

I know for a fact that a lot of people attend the parties mainly to avoid having to obtain a viewing spot for the night time shows. I don't espouse to that line of thinking, not even for HEA. If I were to ever do a dessert party, it would be for the actual party experience. Viewing spots for Illuminations aren't usually an issue.

I understand. I think it goes hand in hand for us as we are looking for a relaxing experience and not having to stress over finding a spot on a super busy weekend after CP. We have never found it hard to find a spot for Illuminations, but we have also never been there the weekend before Christmas.

The DFB released a dessert party comparison video two days ago. The FEA party was their #1 recommended party for best overall value. So far, I agree with that opinion. They didn't cover the JBJB party in the video, though, and I have yet to try it.

The DFB released a dessert party comparison video two days ago. The FEA party was their #1 recommended party for best overall value. So far, I agree with that opinion. They didn't cover the JBJB party in the video, though, and I have yet to try it.
They also didn't review the updated and much improved SW party. For ambiance, the outdoor version of the FEA would still be my choice, however the food at the SW party would be my choice.

They also didn't review the updated and much improved SW party. For ambiance, the outdoor version of the FEA would still be my choice, however the food at the SW party would be my choice.

I saw that and was disappointed on behalf of the SW party and its staff. People seeing that video and not having the updated info at hand won't get a fair idea of what the party now includes - - and I thought the SW party was fantastic even before these latest changes.

I'm glad to hear the FEA party still ranks highly in your opinion, and I hope we get to try the updated SW party one day. Your dept truly knows how to put on an event! :) Hopefully, the weather will cooperate on Dec 3rd, so we can once again enjoy the FEA party outdoors. Wish I could twist your arm to stick around through the end of the year!

I saw that and was disappointed on behalf of the SW party and its staff. People seeing that video and not having the updated info at hand won't get a fair idea of what the party now includes - - and I thought the SW party was fantastic even before these latest changes.

I'm glad to hear the FEA party still ranks highly in your opinion, and I hope we get to try the updated SW party one day. Your dept truly knows how to put on an event! :) Hopefully, the weather will cooperate on Dec 3rd, so we can once again enjoy the FEA party outdoors. Wish I could twist your arm to stick around through the end of the year!

Would the SW party still be good for someone who is not at all a fan of SW. I think the FEA is so appealing because you get the show and a ride. I would consider doing more of these with this perk.

I saw that and was disappointed on behalf of the SW party and its staff.
Don't be, we have fun doing it regardless. It's out of our hands.
Hopefully, the weather will cooperate on Dec 3rd, so we can once again enjoy the FEA party outdoors.
The only reason for moving it indoors is if it's too cold and most of the time it's been ok.
Wish I could twist your arm to stick around through the end of the year!
From what I'm hearing a settlement has been reached between the Union & Disney, so who knows. But I'll still be around as a civilian until at least the end of the year and who knows when & where I may pop up as a guest.

Would the SW party still be good for someone who is not at all a fan of SW. I think the FEA is so appealing because you get the show and a ride. I would consider doing more of these with this perk.

I am not a SW fan at all and I enjoyed the party aspect and thought we had a good view of the show. Personally, I could have done without the SW show itself, but I would still do it again for the party if it was something my husband was interested in on a future trip, I especially liked the savory options that were available. Also, the CMs were just fantastic, everyone was so friendly and helpful, they really made the party special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter