“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any Magic Shots that are exclusive to MNSSHP only? We want to do as many Magic Shots as possible during the trip, but we'll have several days or part days in MK to do the other ones, so we only really need to do the ones specific to the party.

They are at several carts selling them- liberty, jungle, and the one at the castle, right side (cast members told me that castle one would have the most)- and possibly more. I lined up at liberty somewhere between 6:35 and 6:50pm and was 15th or so ( I think I posted if you check my post history). They said they wouldn’t sell before 7pm, but they started a few min before.

Thank you for the info on the Oogie Boogie Popcorn Buckets, I've added it to the description under "Location" which can be seen here: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989839"]Post #5: Popcorn Buckets & Party Favors[/URL] :-)

That's a good point/reality check. I currently have an hour down for treats and magic shots. I'll plan on just hitting them as I go from the attractions with overlays.

I think I accomplished 3 magic shots during my Christmas party last year. I'm hoping lines will be much shorter as I'm going on September 9. I think my priorities are -- Headless horseman, HM ghosts on Main Street, HM hearse, and poison apple.

I was able to get quite a number done last year without alot of extra effort, including the prop ones. The ones that are available all the time we did between 4 & 7. The party specific ones we factored them into our wanderings. I think the only one we didn't get last year was the skeleton one by Ariel.

Is the list of available magic shots and their locations out?

I was able to get quite a number done last year without alot of extra effort, including the prop ones. The ones that are available all the time we did between 4 & 7. The party specific ones we factored them into our wanderings. I think the only one we didn't get last year was the skeleton one by Ariel.

Is the list of available magic shots and their locations out?

I've not seen it via Disney Parks Blog but I'm searching other sites, FB, twitter etc. I'll update as soon as I have the info. Today I'm taking the day off from our trip to update all the posts. :flower3:

I'm a PH and will be in the park for the day. What time do they start distributing the wristbands in places such as Tortuga's Tavern and Phillarmagic? Do I have a better shot at it by going to park entrance? I believe they'll start there shortly before 4pm.
I really want to line up for Jack and Sally before 4, and I'm solo, so I can't tag team.

I know it's really frowned upon when people come and go from the queue in an attraction. But are people more lenient about these super early character stake outs? I'm thinking, worst case scenario, I line up before 4 and talk the sympathy out of my queue peers in order to make a run form y wirstband. I'm probably be going on Oct 30, so I'm planning for it to be sold out.

On an unrelated Q: do you guys think Oct 30 tend to be less crowded than the 28th? I'm thinking it IS closer to actual Halloween, but it's not on a weekend... I haven't bought my tix yet, so inputs are welcome!

I am thinking about buying tickets for Oct 30th as well. Already have them for Halloween, but thinking of adding the 2nd night since I'm sure Halloween is going to be super busy. It will just be DH and myself and if I go on the 30th my 1st priority is the Jack & Sally meet, so we will be there before or as close to 4 as possible (have PH's so we can go in a little before). Wouldn't mind being your "tag team" people to let you go do any running you need to do if you still need someone then.

comes with lime soft-serve in a black waffle cone and topped with purple sugar and chocolate horns.

Did anyone else think this was supposed to be Sully from Monsters Inc.? I didn't read all the posts so apologies in advance if someone already mentioned this :sulley:

UPDATE - Bypass

Bypass has not changed, we still have the M&M's inflatable...
upload_2018-8-20_14-27-58.png

Merchandise at the Bypass sold in carts...
upload_2018-8-20_14-54-22.png

2018 Regular Treat bag
Front / Back / Side Views...
upload_2018-8-20_14-30-27.png

Prepackaged Treats
upload_2018-8-20_14-42-34.png

EDIT: This information has been added to:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989837"]Post #3: Party Map, Tickets, Main Street Bypass, Wristband Locations & Entertainment![/URL]

Teal bag and info can be seen here: Post #7

Last edited:
UPDATE - Merchandise

Alex and Ani released two different designs! One features the same Mickey and Minnie Halloween design found on several other items $34.99 and Hocus Pocus Villains Spelltacular. Each bracelet retails for $39.99.
upload_2018-8-20_14-47-14.png

You can find the Disney Halloween Party Bangles From Alex and Ani at the Emporium in Magic Kingdom on MNSSHP Nights while supplies last!

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED

Last edited:
UPDATE - Wristband Distribution Locations inside Magic Kingdom

Buzz Lightyear...
upload_2018-8-20_15-6-34.png
Here's a look at the line for party wristband distribution at Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland. This photo was taken 10 minutes prior to release which I believe was at 4pm, I'm still looking for confirmation and will update.

View attachment 344558 12 yo boy for scale, heh.
THis Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket is an absolute must! Your son looks remarkably like Mickey :)

View attachment 344561 Found at sleepy hollow.
Gotta have this too! I don't usually drink with straws.....planning on putting this baby on the Halloween tree I don't even have yet :)

UPDATE - Parade

Two mentions: Tinkerbell has a new float (?)
View attachment 345243
I hope she has a seat belt! Yikes :)

I LOVE those bracelets but not sure I will get one at that price. Since I've never even heard of that brand I guess I could live without it. Still, it sure is schnazzy!

I've not seen it via Disney Parks Blog but I'm searching other sites, FB, twitter etc. I'll update as soon as I have the info. Today I'm taking the day off from our trip to update all the posts. :flower3:

I know if anyone can hunt out the info its you!! Thank you so much for all of the time you put into these threads.:flower1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter