“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25 / Me, DS5 and DS 12

Hi and :welcome: to the party! Thank you for posting your itinerary you did a great job on it!
I think you need to tweak it just a bit as it seems too tight but overall really well done. Lets begin...

Oct 25 / Me = DM - DD? , DS5 and DS12

3:30 to 4:10 pm. Party entrance, wristbands, Photo Props at bypass - Magic Shots are questionable at this time
4:15 to 5.20 pm. Jack and Sally.
5.25 to 6.25 pm. Snacks. Magic shots. Pick up SotMK Card.
6.30 to 7.10. Meet Jack Sparrow.
7.10 to 7.30. Meet Tarzan and friends.
7.40 to 8.25. Ride Haunted Mansion and Madames. Magic Shot if possible.
8.30 to 9.35 Boo to you parade. The Hub.
9.40 to 10.30 pm. Hallowishes. The hub.
10.30 to 11.10 pm. Hocus Pocus. The Hub.
11.15 to 11.45 pm. RUN to 7 Dwarfs.
11.45 to 12. Monsters Party.
We were willing to see Cruella and Queen of Hearts but I think it won't be possible.. - I'm not sure a 5 year old will get much out of Hocus Pocus, I'd just watch the DVD and spend time meeting other characters or trick or treating. IMO it's very crowded especially in the hub.

I have added your itinerary to the MAIN page so please do not repost your itinerary. If you make any changes via the EDIT feature just drop a note I know where to find you. :-)

Currently we have 5:05 Ohana dinner reservations on party day. I just snagged breakfast Ohana reservations for 11:55 that same day. Which one would you cancel?? We've done dinner at Ohana before but never breakfast. Our original plan for that day was 8:15 BBB reservations for my DD at MK. Grab quick service and head back to the room to rest. Head to dinner and then to the party.
@claudiaken

Cancel the dinner. Eat a well balanced late lunch at your resort, get dressed and arrive at MK by 3:30 no later. This will free up your time immensely.

That is kind of what I'm thinking. We could spend the morning at MK, head to Ohana for breakfast at 11:55, go back to the room to rest then go back to MK for 4pm for the party. We could just get QS for dinner.

This is absolutely sound and I highly recommend it.

I was in your same shoes last year - on top of dealing with Irma.
@FoxC63 got me all straightened out!

No matter what, remember you're on vacation - and a bad day at Disney is better than a good day at work.
If the plan falls apart, it'll still be ok.

Thanks buddy you're too sweet! :hug:

Wow that float looks brutal.

We just cancelled our whispering canyon adr. I was really excited to try it but our whole point was to go for the antics. The food doesn’t look that great so we will be skipping it now.

Agree the float looks brutal. How sad. I wonder if WDW is planning to change the time of this parade to 2pm like they did last year which really stinks! I wanted to see it at 3pm but noooo! :sad2:

Hi and :welcome: to the party! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! Is this your first time attending the MNSSHP? Ohana is a very lovely restaurant, one that you should take your time and enjoy all that they have to offer without feeling rushed. It is also notorious for running late which puts you at an even greater disadvantage for meeting Jack & Sally and Moana. Most likely you'll arrive at MK around 7:30+/- which by the then the party is at full swing and long lines for characters have been established.

I recommend you evaluate your other itineraries and move this ADR to a more conducive time to spend with your family.

I have added your itinerary to the MAIN page so please do not repost your itinerary. If you make any changes via the EDIT feature just drop a note I know where to find you. :-)

I edited my original post. Can you check it out and let me know what you think? Thank you

4:00-4:30- Enter the park
4:30-5:30- Meet Jack and Sally
5:30-6:00- Trick or Treat and photo pass pics
6:00-7:00- Meet Moana
7:00-7:30- Hit a few more trick or treat stations and some more photo pass pics
7:30-8:15- QS Dinner
8:15-9:00- Meet Belle and Gaston
9:15-9:30- Parade
9:30-10:00- grab snacks while holding parade spot
10:15-10:30- Hallowishes
10:30-11- Dance Party
11-11:30- Rides
12- Hocus Pocus

You need to be at MK by 3:30, last year guests were let in at 3:45.
3:30-4:15- Enter the park
4:20-5:30- Meet Jack and Sally
Tag Team: Restroom break, SotMK Card
5:30-6:00- Trick or Treat and photo pass pics - Trick or Treat begins at 7pm and lines are very long. I recommend you wait until later in the evening. You will get a pack of treat at the bypass - all of you should ask for two packages.
6:00-7:30- Meet Moana - This will be a long line by this time.
Tag Team: QS Dinner - I recommend you use the mobile app to pre-order your food.
8:15-9:00- Meet Belle and Gaston
9:15-9:30- Parade - Location?
Tag Team: grab snacks while holding parade spot - Who is doing this?
10:15-10:30- Hallowishes
10:30-11- Dance Party
11-11:30- Rides
12- Hocus Pocus

If you're planning on using Tag Team, then add it to Jack & Sally to get more done.

Last edited:

Hi all

I will be attending the 23rd October party with my DD (8 years old).

We've been to WDW once before but never MNSSHP.

Much to my disappointment, she is very certain that she doesn't want to do any character meets. Her main focus being the fireworks, parade and treat stops.

Without characters, do you think we have enough to fill our time? If we are 'hanging around' I worry the tiredness will kick in.

We have extra time in MK in the plan for rides but are open to jumping on some if the waits are low.

Any thoughts appreciated

Currently we have 5:05 Ohana dinner reservations on party day. I just snagged breakfast Ohana reservations for 11:55 that same day. Which one would you cancel?? We've done dinner at Ohana before but never breakfast. Our original plan for that day was 8:15 BBB reservations for my DD at MK. Grab quick service and head back to the room to rest. Head to dinner and then to the party.
@claudiaken
I would do the breakfast since you have already done dinner and you can maximize your time at MK in the evening

Hi all

I will be attending the 23rd October party with my DD (8 years old).

We've been to WDW once before but never MNSSHP.

Much to my disappointment, she is very certain that she doesn't want to do any character meets. Her main focus being the fireworks, parade and treat stops.

Without characters, do you think we have enough to fill our time? If we are 'hanging around' I worry the tiredness will kick in.

We have extra time in MK in the plan for rides but are open to jumping on some if the waits are low.

Any thoughts appreciated

I would still do the characters and anything else on your wish list. My girlfriend Patty who is much younger than me told me she regretted not doing more with her mother because she thought she was "too cool" this is a huge statement and a hard pill to swallow as we both lost our moms last year. You're the parent and should still be making the decisions especially since you're paying for this event and your daughter only being eight years old. If she chooses not to participate so be it but it most certainly shouldn't hinder your fun. Just my two cents.

That is kind of what I'm thinking. We could spend the morning at MK, head to Ohana for breakfast at 11:55, go back to the room to rest then go back to MK for 4pm for the party. We could just get QS for dinner.
We are planning on snacks/QS dinners in MK for both of our party days.

Hi all I will be attending the 23rd October party with my DD (8 years old). We've been to WDW once before but never MNSSHP.

Any thoughts appreciated

I would still do the characters and anything else on your wish list. My girlfriend Patty who is much younger than me told me she regretted not doing more with her mother because she thought she was "too cool" this is a huge statement and a hard pill to swallow as we both lost our moms last year. You're the parent and should still be making the decisions especially since you're paying for this event and your daughter only being eight years old. If she chooses not to participate so be it but it most certainly shouldn't hinder your fun. Just my two cents.

My response has been bothering me since I posted it. It's sounds harsh which I am so deeply sorry for if it offended anyone but especially you. Military upbringing has it's plus and minuses.

I still stand by making the decision to meet characters and or doing what you would like to do as well as your daughter. Both of you should plan this event based on what you both would like to do, taking turns. She's already started her list: fireworks, parade and treat stops. I would recommend you go through the list of Bonus Treat locations on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989841"]Post #7[/URL], this will save wear and tear on your feet and time to enjoy more during the party.
We can create an itinerary like this:

7:25-8:25 Character (Me)
8:30-9:35 Parade (DD8)
10:00-10:30 HalloWishes (DD8)
10:35-10:55 Pirates of Caribbean (Me)
11:00-11:15 Bonus Treat @ Tki (DD8)

Do you see where I'm going with this? :flower3:

I'm so excited! I was finally able to upgrade to the Premium Sleepy Hollow. Been checking periodically to see if one opened up. Yay!:donald:

That's amazing considering how quickly they sold out! Good for you! :woohoo:

We are planning on snacks/QS dinners in MK for both of our party days.

I want to try online ordering. ::yes:: Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn is on the list and last year they sold one of the Specialty Desserts, I wonder if that could be added to the order? :scratchin

I want to try online ordering. ::yes:: Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn is on the list and last year they sold one of the Specialty Desserts, I wonder if that could be added to the order? :scratchin
I'm thinking about doing Diamond Horseshoe. I just saw today that they changed up their menu and it will start at the end of May. It looks delicious! We've never been there before, but I might try it this trip. We are doing a lot more QS this trip than before.

Thanks for your comments!! Today I was just thinking about Hocus Pocus and if it was worth it for my kids. I totally agree with you. The best for them may be to skip it and go for characters and treats.
I read somewhere that 7 dwarfs were greeting until 9 pm.
What do you think? Should I move them maybe after meeting Jack and Sally? I'm afraid of running out of the special snacks.

Hi and :welcome: to the party! Thank you for posting your itinerary you did a great job on it!
I think you need to tweak it just a bit as it seems too tight but overall really well done. Lets begin...

Oct 25 / Me = DM - DD? , DS5 and DS12

3:30 to 4:10 pm. Party entrance, wristbands, Photo Props at bypass - Magic Shots are questionable at this time
4:15 to 5.20 pm. Jack and Sally.
5.25 to 6.25 pm. Snacks. Magic shots. Pick up SotMK Card.
6.30 to 7.10. Meet Jack Sparrow.
7.10 to 7.30. Meet Tarzan and friends.
7.40 to 8.25. Ride Haunted Mansion and Madames. Magic Shot if possible.
8.30 to 9.35 Boo to you parade. The Hub.
9.40 to 10.30 pm. Hallowishes. The hub.
10.30 to 11.10 pm. Hocus Pocus. The Hub.
11.15 to 11.45 pm. RUN to 7 Dwarfs.
11.45 to 12. Monsters Party.
We were willing to see Cruella and Queen of Hearts but I think it won't be possible.. - I'm not sure a 5 year old will get much out of Hocus Pocus, I'd just watch the DVD and spend time meeting other characters or trick or treating. IMO it's very crowded especially in the hub.

Thanks for your comments!! Today I was just thinking about Hocus Pocus and if it was worth it for my kids. I totally agree with you. The best for them may be to skip it and go for characters and treats.
I read somewhere that 7 dwarfs were greeting until 9 pm.
What do you think? Should I move them maybe after meeting Jack and Sally? I'm afraid of running out of the special snacks.

I'm not sure where you read the Dwarfs were meeting until 9pm but that's not true at least not in the past years we've attended. Do you happen to have a link for me to see?

So now that Hocus Pocus is out we can add that time in a block which is dependent upon crowd levels.

10.30 to 11.45 pm. 7 Dwarfs, Cruella or Queen of Hearts.

I would keep your eye on on the lines for these characters, if the Dwarfs line looks small jump in same with Cruella or Queen of Hearts. You might have to choose one but getting the Dwarfs should be your priority. ;)

EDIT: Please update your itinerary so we can keep it all together. Thank you!

I'm thinking about doing Diamond Horseshoe. I just saw today that they changed up their menu and it will start at the end of May. It looks delicious! We've never been there before, but I might try it this trip. We are doing a lot more QS this trip than before.

Well it's about time they did something there as I've never been too impressed with their offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter