“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My response has been bothering me since I posted it. It's sounds harsh which I am so deeply sorry for if it offended anyone but especially you. Military upbringing has it's plus and minuses.

I still stand by making the decision to meet characters and or doing what you would like to do as well as your daughter. Both of you should plan this event based on what you both would like to do, taking turns. She's already started her list: fireworks, parade and treat stops. I would recommend you go through the list of Bonus Treat locations on: Post #7, this will save wear and tear on your feet and time to enjoy more during the party.
We can create an itinerary like this:

7:25-8:25 Character (Me)
8:30-9:35 Parade (DD8)
10:00-10:30 HalloWishes (DD8)
10:35-10:55 Pirates of Caribbean (Me)
11:00-11:15 Bonus Treat @ Tki (DD8)

Do you see where I'm going with this? :flower3:

No offence taken at all just a time zone delay in my reply

Glad to know my concerns are half right that we would have time to spare for other party offerings.

I'll have a better look at the character meets to see who we can add in. Possibly after our first treat stop so she can munch her way through the line.

No offence taken at all just a time zone delay in my reply

Glad to know my concerns are half right that we would have time to spare for other party offerings.

I'll have a better look at the character meets to see who we can add in. Possibly after our first treat stop so she can munch her way through the line.

When going through the bypass you both will be given prepacked goodies so be sure you both ask for two and that should hold her for a while.

The characters that will have the longest wait by several hours include: 7 Dwarfs, Jack & Sally and Moana
45 minutes: Jack Sparrow
30-45 minutes or less provided you arrive no later than 6:20 include: Queen of Hearts with Tweedles, Cruella de Ville,
Princesses, Jack Sparrow, Minnie and Donald with Daisy
30 minutes for Lotso, Goofy, Jafar, Tarzan & Gang.

These rare characters are a major aspect of the Halloween Party, if she's unsure how to interact with them this link may help her:
Link: https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/disney-world-character-greeting-tips/

Last edited:
So I know I had mentioned earlier that my kids aren't big into characters but with all this character talk I figured I should triple check and it turns out DD would like to meet Rapunzel, Tiana and Moana if she is there this year. I know Rapunzel & Tiana are there all the time (and luckily together!!)- how much time should I figure their wait will be during the party? I'm thinking we'll skip them during regular park days when their wait gets fairly long and go for it during the party because everyone will be lining up for the special party characters, right?

I don't know where I read about it, I think it was tripadvisor, but obviously it was a mistake. Maybe they were talking about a break or something like that.

I've changed my itinerary and my kids target is 7 dwarfs!!

Thanks!!

I'm not sure where you read the Dwarfs were meeting until 9pm but that's not true at least not in the past years we've attended. Do you happen to have a link for me to see?

So now that Hocus Pocus is out we can add that time in a block which is dependent upon crowd levels.

10.30 to 11.45 pm. 7 Dwarfs, Cruella or Queen of Hearts.

I would keep your eye on on the lines for these characters, if the Dwarfs line looks small jump in same with Cruella or Queen of Hearts. You might have to choose one but getting the Dwarfs should be your priority. ;)

EDIT: Please update your itinerary so we can keep it all together. Thank you!

First time at MNSSHP. Schedule bellow. We will be at the park in the morning and leave around mid day. Thank you guys for this valuable help!
  • Date of your Party. 25 oct
  • Who is attending. Me 38 yo and my 2 sons. 5 and 12 yo
  • 3.30 to 4 pm. Party entrance, wristbands at bypass
  • 4.05 to 5.10 pm. Jack and sally.
  • 5.10 to 6.25 pm. Snacks. Magic shots. Treat or trick.
  • 6.30 to 7.10. Meet Jack Sparrow.
  • 7.10 to 7.30. Meet Tarzan and friends.
  • 7.40 to 8.25. Ride Haunted Mansion and Madames. Magic Shot if possible.
  • 8.30 to 9.35 Boo to you parade. The Hub.
  • 9.40 to 10.30 pm. Hallowishes. The hub.
  • 10.30 to 11.10 pm. 7 Dwarfs
  • 11.15 to 11.45 pm. Cruela, Queen of hearts
  • 11.45 to 12. Monsters Party.

Still too tight.
3.30 to 4:10 pm. Party entrance, wristbands at bypass - You need to allow more time here at least 10-15 minutes.
5.10 to 6.25 pm. Snacks. Magic shots. Treat or trick. - Trick or Treat starts at 7pm, do you mean Specialty Treats?

:laughing: This looks like a teacher trying to correct with red ink! :rotfl:

So I know I had mentioned earlier that my kids aren't big into characters but with all this character talk I figured I should triple check and it turns out DD would like to meet Rapunzel, Tiana and Moana if she is there this year. I know Rapunzel & Tiana are there all the time (and luckily together!!)- how much time should I figure their wait will be during the party? I'm thinking we'll skip them during regular park days when their wait gets fairly long and go for it during the party because everyone will be lining up for the special party characters, right?

I recommend meeting Rapunzel & Tiana on a regular park day, maybe early morning or with FP. Remember once you tap your last FP you can book a 4th. That will free up more time for other adventures.

Moana will be your longest wait but many reported it was worth it very good interaction and she signs autographs too. Guests started lining up for her around 4:20ish, I recommend getting in her line as soon as possible as her line will grow. Expect about 1 - 1.5 hr wait. If you arrive at 6pm expect 2 hour wait or more. This was confirmed by fellow DIS'ers last year.

I recommend meeting Rapunzel & Tiana on a regular park day, maybe early morning or with FP. Remember once you tap your last FP you can book a 4th. That will free up more time for other adventures.

Moana will be your longest wait but many reported it was worth it very good interaction and she signs autographs too. Guests started lining up for her around 4:20ish, I recommend getting in her line as soon as possible as her line will grow. Expect about 1 - 1.5 hr wait. If you arrive at 6pm expect 2 hour wait or more. This was confirmed by fellow DIS'ers last year.

Does her line get shorter towards the end of the night? Should we make her one of our last meets or just suck it up and wait in line?

Always, always always read the MAIN pages first. On this thread I've broken MNSSHP down into categories to help keep you organized. Each category contains links, these links have been confirmed by those who attend the parties every year and during different months.

The information here and on the MAIN Halloween thread were created to help guide you. Most don't bother reading the main pages and that is apparent by the questions we see posted. When you plan on spending a few grand it's imperative you do your homework and at WDW it is a necessity. Even reading the last few pages on any given thread contains invaluable information.

Last edited:
NEWS

The Swan and Dolphin Resort’s ninth annual Food & Wine Classic - The Pig & The Poke will take place on Friday, October 26 and run through Sunday, October 28. For more information click here:

https://wdwnt.com/2018/05/swan-and-...xpand-with-hawaiian-themed-area-and-new-eats/

Disney’s Yacht Club Resort - Evacuated for possible lightening strikes! :eek:

Update 5/15 @ 4:12PM: Guests staying at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort have informed us that they were allowed back to their rooms but as soon as that was instructed, another lightning struck nearby causing the fire alarm to go off again. Guests have been informed if strikes continue, they may have to evacuate the resort.

LINK: https://wdwnt.com/2018/05/breaking-...ng-evacuated-after-possible-lightning-strike/

EDIT: Did you know?

How far can lightning strike?
It can strike as far as 5 or 10 miles (8 or 16 kilometers) from the storm, in areas that most people do not consider to be a lightning-risk area. During a thunderstorm, each flash of cloud-to-ground lightning is a potential killer.

Link: https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/06/0623_040623_lightningfacts_2.html

NEWS

The Swan and Dolphin Resort’s ninth annual Food & Wine Classic - The Pig & The Poke will take place on Friday, October 26 and run through Sunday, October 28. For more information click here:

https://wdwnt.com/2018/05/swan-and-...xpand-with-hawaiian-themed-area-and-new-eats/

Disney’s Yacht Club Resort - Evacuated for possible lightening strikes! :eek:

Update 5/15 @ 4:12PM: Guests staying at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort have informed us that they were allowed back to their rooms but as soon as that was instructed, another lightning struck nearby causing the fire alarm to go off again. Guests have been informed if strikes continue, they may have to evacuate the resort.

LINK: https://wdwnt.com/2018/05/breaking-...ng-evacuated-after-possible-lightning-strike/

EDIT: Did you know?

How far can lightning strike?
It can strike as far as 5 or 10 miles (8 or 16 kilometers) from the storm, in areas that most people do not consider to be a lightning-risk area. During a thunderstorm, each flash of cloud-to-ground lightning is a potential killer.

Link: https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/06/0623_040623_lightningfacts_2.html
:eek::scared: About the lightning

Does her line get shorter towards the end of the night? Should we make her one of our last meets or just suck it up and wait in line?
Both parties we attended last year we walked by her line after Hallowishes and it seemed shortish. One was a sold out night and one wasn’t. Obviously this can/will vary by night but you may be ok holding out. I will note that waiting until later in the night means you miss party time where as lining up at 4 you wouldn’t, but that may be a trade off for a potentially shorter wait that’s not in full sunlight....

How short is shortish? The lastest report I saw for her in 2017 was by @King of Naboombu who got in her line at 6:10 and was done by 8:10: Post #6659

Moana originally came out at 6:45 on the first party Friday, Aug 25th and took 15 minute breaks between each set. Lines were extremely long and CM's stated if the her line continues to grow they would close it between 9/10pm. Note: There was lite rain & thunder storms during this party.

On Tuesday, Aug 29th Moana began meeting at 5:45.

She signs autographs: Post #88

2017 Wait Times:
Friday, Aug 25th / 6:10-8:10 / Post #6659
Tuesday, Aug 29th / 4:30-5:50 / Post #1146
Thursday, Sept. 7th / 4:20-5:55 / Post #1562

View attachment 322954

Crowds
View attachment 322955

View attachment 322956

EDIT: This has been added to: Post #6: Character List - Location, Times Guide & Printable pdf
We did not get in line so I can’t comment on specific wait times. But I’d guess less than 45 minutes. The line did not even wrap all the way through the roped off queue, only 3 switchbacks from what I could tell. This was around 10:30 both nights.

We did not get in line so I can’t comment on specific wait times. But I’d guess less than 45 minutes. The line did not even wrap all the way through the roped off queue, only 3 switchbacks from what I could tell. This was around 10:30 both nights.

Thanks buddy that's very useful info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!