“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Why does the bypass take so much time? Is there something to do there?

Yes. I would like to buy the special party snacks just in case they run out of them early. Can you buy those before 7 pm right?

Still too tight.
3.30 to 4:10 pm. Party entrance, wristbands at bypass - You need to allow more time here at least 10-15 minutes.
5.10 to 6.25 pm. Snacks. Magic shots. Treat or trick. - Trick or Treat starts at 7pm, do you mean Specialty Treats?

:laughing: This looks like a teacher trying to correct with red ink! :rotfl:

Yes. I would like to buy the special party snacks just in case they run out of them early. Can you buy those before 7 pm right?

Red ink is necessary here...words from an expert. Haha

Please see Main Street Bypass Information Link: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989837"]Post #3[/URL]

Also note this photo was taken prior to guests being let into the park for the party.
upload_2018-5-18_0-44-0.png

If memory serves a DISer posted that Kenny the Pirate tweeted entrance time at 3:52pm however many reports I read stated 4pm. If we were to go with KtP time frame you still need to go through the bypass to get your party wristband and those are not handed out to you. They are put on by the CM's one wrist at a time and that takes time so you need to allow for this on your itinerary.

Last year WDW sold "anytime" Halloween Treats and Specialty Treats. We all assumed the Specialty Treats would be sold at 7pm however we received confirmation from WDW News Today some items were sold out by 6:45pm and in very limited quantities. Many reported lines for the Specialty Treats were long as well so be prepared to wait.

5.10 to 6.25 pm. Snacks. Magic shots. Treat or trick. - Trick or Treat starts at 7pm, do you mean Specialty Treats?

There is a difference between Trick or Treat vs Specialty Treats, using the correct verbiage avoids confusion. Thanks for correcting your itinerary. :thumbsup2

Thanks for your suggestions!! They are grate to plan ahead the party.
It is really crowded!! Maybe going through regular entrance and picking up the wrist band inside the park would be best. I would be in the park in the morning and return around 3pm.
What do you think?

It is really crowded!! Maybe going through regular entrance and picking up the wrist band inside the park would be best. I would be in the park in the morning and return around 3pm.
What do you think?

I was wondering this too. We are doing the same thing.

What do you think?

I was wondering this too. We are doing the same thing.

This is a tricky question. As stated, if guests were allowed into the parks earlier it was confirmed by WDW News Today that those three locations began wrist distribution at 4pm and there were crowds at those locations as well but nothing like the bypass. I believe on the MAIN 2017 Halloween thread there were reports of an earlier park entrance of 3:45 but the three distributions maintained a 4pm release. Last year was the most problematic party I've ever seen, the weather being the main cause as it just kept getting worse. Maybe Disney thought it best to allow guests in early.

In years past party guest were allowed in at 4pm period. Please note at the three distribution locations there are two - three CM's putting on wristbands. I think it's best to wait until we see how the earlier parties work. We already know Disney has changed the closing time for day guests from 7pm to 6pm more changes may come. :flower3:

Last edited:
NEWS

Magic Kingdom Park will launch "After Fireworks Dessert Party" and will include MNSSHP and MVMCP.

upload_2018-5-18_15-24-32.png

Participating guests will be treated to a reserved viewing space in the Plaza Garden to watch the nighttime spectacular, followed by an exclusive dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace after the show’s finale.

Admission to the party is $69 for adults and $41 for children.

The article states:
Guests interested in the After Dinner Fireworks Party can start making reservations on May 17th by calling 407-WDW-DINE. FYI - Not true, I just called to find out more information and I was told there is none and I couldn't reserve even though I'm within my ADR window. I'm not sure when this will become available either way be on the look out for it if interested. Also note the remarks others have posted.

LINK: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-dessert-party-coming-to-magic-kingdom-park/

Photo by WDW

NEWS

Magic Kingdom Park will launch "After Fireworks Dessert Party" and will include MNSSHP and MVMCP.

View attachment 323439

Participating guests will be treated to a reserved viewing space in the Plaza Garden to watch the nighttime spectacular, followed by an exclusive dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace after the show’s finale.

The article states:
Guests interested in the After Dinner Fireworks Party can start making reservations on May 17th by calling 407-WDW-DINE. FYI - Not true, I just called to find out more information and I was told there is none and I couldn't reserve even though I'm within my ADR window. I'm not sure when this will become available either way be on the look out for it if interested. Also note the remarks others have posted.

LINK: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-dessert-party-coming-to-magic-kingdom-park/

Photo by WDW
That's expensive!

NEWS

View attachment 323439

The article states:

Photo by WDW

Just wanted to add the DIS has a huge thread regarding this topic, a whopping 91 pages and growing! You can read more about After Fireworks Dessert Party here:
MK Happily Ever After Dessert Party Thread: NEWS - New “After Fireworks Party”, see Post 1696

Direct Link to After Fireworks Dessert Party: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mk-happily-ever-after-dessert-party-thread-news-new-%E2%80%9Cafter-fireworks-party%E2%80%9D-see-post-1696.3604693/page-85#post-59237095"]Post #1696[/URL] which is only 6 pages long.

Last edited:
I hear you. It was nicer when it included the parade viewing as well. It does help those looking to enhance their experience after years of attending the parties and are a blessing for us short folks, elderly and/or handicapped. :-)
We just always find a spot with something in front of us. Last visit we were to the left of the castle, right near the front, behind a fence. It was a great spot for projections, but some of the fireworks were blocked. We didn't mind much because we were watching the projections the whole time anyway.

Last edited:
NEWS

Disney’s Beach Club Resort Now Offering Ceramic Painting Class
Guests can create their own unique masterpieces on Wednesdays from 1-4 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays from 4-9:30 p.m.
NOTE: Pricing has not been made available as of this posting, but Disney suggests that those interested speak with a Recreation Cast Member at the Resort for details.
Link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disneys-beach-club-resort-now-offering-ceramic-painting-class/

Updated Guidemaps and Times Guides Coming Soon to Magic Kingdom

Updated guidemaps and Times Guides for Magic Kingdom Park will be available to Guests starting Friday, May 25. The new guidemap features an image of Mr. and Mrs. Incredible on the cover and includes all the new Incredible Summer offerings. The English maps, all five translations, and the Guide for Guests with Disabilities will be updated.
Link: https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/05/updated-guidemaps-and-times-guides.html
Tip: This is a very handy link to earmark!

I'm so excited that I talked my DH into a long weekend trip to go to the Halloween Party! We are staying at the Pop and just bought our tickets this morning for 9/21. This is not our first party and we won't have an itinerary. I just had to share my excitement with people who won't roll their eyes at me!

I'm so excited that I talked my DH into a long weekend trip to go to the Halloween Party! We are staying at the Pop and just bought our tickets this morning for 9/21. This is not our first party and we won't have an itinerary. I just had to share my excitement with people who won't roll their eyes at me!
Awesome! This will be our first party so we are excited, too!

That's wonderful news, congrats!!! FYI - You are more than welcome to post here as well as use anything posted here especially the MAIN pages to help you plan!

I hear you. It was nicer when it included the parade viewing as well. It does help those looking to enhance their experience after years of attending the parties and are a blessing for us short folks, elderly and/or handicapped. :-)

This one does:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/happy-hallowishes-dessert-package/

I don't think this one does (although it mentions there is no seating for the parade under Important Details):
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/happy-hallowishes-dessert-package-plaza-view/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter