“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

Happy to help! I'll always choose to frankenstein a costume if it means less cost and time. That's why we're disneybounding our characters for the party - I can't imagine building this outfit in 5 months from scratch. :faint:

That's a cool outfit though but I hear you. Back in Feb. I ordered a swatch of fabric for Dr. Watson's costume, it's now sold out. Really bumming me out. It was the perfect color to transition into Tower of Terror o_O The search continues.

Hooray!!!
I'm so happy I could spit!
:rotfl:

Yes that's gross but I'll be picking up my sewing machine tomorrow!!! You guys its my baby! Men have their cars you know I'm sure you get it. My sewing machine is my baby and I get her back tomorrow. :cool: hehehe can't wait!

Update: I did pick up my sewing machine on April 13th - yeah I know, arriving late to the party again! And here she is:

upload_2018-5-4_18-49-20.png

Look at those curves and those knobs :laughing: Seriously, she's old just like me and is a workhorse! Even the zigzag stitch is working! Woot!!!!!

upload_2018-5-4_18-59-50.png

My Betty! Sears Kenmore Model 1801 happy you're back home!
Utica Sewing Center :scared:, Expert Sew Repair in Madison Heights, MI :thumbsup2

View attachment 316930
Even though there are 11 of us, I am pretty sure Hubs and I are getting these for costumes (they are stick on)
These Toy Story costumes remind me - we're going in August, 1st time, and were going to be different Toy Story characters. I was going to be Rex, and I was wondering if you all think this costume would fit the new guidelines for adults: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013U50FC...olid=2W7CLUNB7BGWT&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I know that you're not allowed to have costumes that "surround the entire body" - do you think this baggy onesie would be okay? It's not full-length, so it's okay on that score, and I think that should help with the heat, too.

Thanks for your help!

These Toy Story costumes remind me - we're going in August, 1st time, and were going to be different Toy Story characters. I was going to be Rex, and I was wondering if you all think this costume would fit the new guidelines for adults: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013U50FC...olid=2W7CLUNB7BGWT&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I know that you're not allowed to have costumes that "surround the entire body" - do you think this baggy onesie would be okay? It's not full-length, so it's okay on that score, and I think that should help with the heat, too.

Thanks for your help!
I don't think they would have any problem with you wearing that.

This is a link to Tom Bricker's blog and they wore full body suits to the parties. http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-halloween-costume-ideas-tips/

Thanks for your help!

I think that would be fine, however if you're not happy with it you'll have to pay for the return.

I don't think they would have any problem with you wearing that.

This is a link to Tom Bricker's blog and they wore full body suits to the parties. http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-halloween-costume-ideas-tips/
I read Tom Bricker's log, too - love it! And he certainly advises against wearing the really warm outfits since he dressed up like the Beast. I was just worried that the newer, more restrictive policies might not allow that onesie, but I think it would be fine, too.

I think that would be fine, however if you're not happy with it you'll have to pay for the return.
I know, I'm an Amazon Prime member, I'd rather go with something with free returns, but this was the only "shortie" dinosaur onesie I could find - don't want to be too hot!

I know, I'm an Amazon Prime member, I'd rather go with something with free returns, but this was the only "shortie" dinosaur onesie I could find - don't want to be too hot!

It's cotton which is good and it also states "breathable fabric", you'll be just fine! ::yes::

NEWS

upload_2018-5-6_16-17-18.png

A new store just opened up today in Disney Springs called DisneyStyle located in the West Side district, right next to the Orange Garage.
Open from 10am to 11pm - Sunday through Thursday
And open 10am to 11:30pm, Friday and Saturday.

:magnify: I spy disneybounding costumes...

upload_2018-5-6_16-18-29.png

upload_2018-5-6_16-18-55.png

Thanks BolgMickey for the photos & info which can be viewed here:
http://blogmickey.com/2018/05/photos-disneystyle-opens-at-disney-springs/

EDIT: This post has been added to: Costume Links & Locations Post 156 which can also be accessed on the MAIN page.

Last edited:
I read Tom Bricker's log, too - love it! And he certainly advises against wearing the really warm outfits since he dressed up like the Beast. I was just worried that the newer, more restrictive policies might not allow that onesie, but I think it would be fine, too.
I really like their nasa outfits.

It would be nice if he included dates on his photos to prevent confusion. :rolleyes:
That would be really helpful! I absolutely love his blog. We are using it to help plan our Japan trip! He’s the whole reason we decided on Japan in the first place.

Last edited:
NEWS

View attachment 320998

A new store just opened up today in Disney Springs called DisneyStyle located in the West Side district, right next to the Orange Garage.
Open from 10am to 11pm - Sunday through Thursday
And open 10am to 11:30pm, Friday and Saturday.

:magnify: I spy disneybounding costumes...

View attachment 321005

View attachment 321006

Thanks BolgMickey for the photos & info which can be viewed here:
http://blogmickey.com/2018/05/photos-disneystyle-opens-at-disney-springs/

EDIT: This post has been added to: Costume Links & Locations Post 156 which can also be accessed on the MAIN page.
That store looks great! I’m not sure if we will be able to make it before our party when we arrive. We will land at 9 am but will probably be too tired to go to the springs.

That would be really helpful! I absolutely love his blog. We are using it to help plan our japan trip! He’s the whole reason we decided on japan in the first place.

We had so much fun there. Took a two week vacation and brought our son for the first time. One week in Yokohama and a week at TDR. We stayed at the Miracosta. DS wants to go back big time, he loved Japan.

We had so much fun there. Took a two week vacation and brought our son for the first time. One week in Yokohama and a week at TDR. We stayed at the Miracosta. DS wants to go back big time, he loved Japan.
We are planning two weeks, also. About 4 nights in Osaka, 4 nights in downtown Tokyo, and 5 nights at Disney. I think we will either stay at the Hilton Tokyo Bay or Ambassador when we are at Disney. I would love to stay at Miracosta, but I don't think we could ever swing that price lol. I'm glad to hear someone else enjoyed it!

We are planning two weeks, also. About 4 nights in Osaka, 4 nights in downtown Tokyo, and 5 nights at Disney. I think we will either stay at the Hilton Tokyo Bay or Ambassador when we are at Disney. I would love to stay at Miracosta, but I don't think we could ever swing that price lol. I'm glad to hear someone else enjoyed it!

My mom was born there so it was awesome to meet her brothers & sisters. DH & I traveled to Japan 4 times prior to having our son. DH travels there for work so he's been more than me. :sad1: Kyoto is my absolute favorite. We took DS to Tokyo to see Madame Tussauds & Legoland for a day trip. I found it difficult to navigate the train system there as the signs were only in Japanese, but we managed. Further out they were both Japanese & English. This was in March/April 2015.

Last edited:

Thanks for your help!
Like others have said I don't think it'll be a problem.. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter