“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

BTW I didn't know Characther Warehouse at Vineland Outlet sells costumes! I love this store! gotta check it out! :)

I'm sure you've heard the old adage "Early bird get's the worm"... that's just how outlets work. Someone posted they saw specific dresses from "The Dress Shop" on sale then about a month later someone reported completely different dresses being sold. I think this outlet carries a little bit of everything and it constantly changes.

UPDATE

Walt Disney World resorts does have a $5 package handling fee (per box) which may be charged to your room at the resorts discretion. Whether you’re placing an order for through Garden Grocer or Amazon, Amazon Prime Pantry or sending a package from home, it’s important to make sure that your boxes are also clearly labelled. When addressed, be sure to include:

Name of LEAD Guest on Reservation
Arrival Date
Name of Resort
Address
City, State and Zip

Value Resorts:
  • Disney’s All Star Movies Resort, 1991 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s All Star Music Resort, 1801 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s All Star Sports Resort, 1701 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, 1850 Animation Way, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort, 1050 Century Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Moderate Resorts:
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, 900 Cayman Way, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, 1000 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort/Campground, 4510 N Ft. Wilderness Trail, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, 2201 Orleans Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, 1251 Riverside Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Deluxe Resorts:
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2901 Osceola Pkwy., Bay Lake, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort, 1800 West Epcot Resort Blvd., Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Boardwalk Inn, 2101 North W Epcot Resort Blvd., Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830*
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort, 4600 North World Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, 4401 Floridian Way, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort, 1510 North Cove Rd., Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, 1600 Seven Seas Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort, 1960 Broadway, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, 901 Timberline Dr., Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, 1700 Epcot Resort Blvd., Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Note: The Swan and Dolphin reportedly will not accept deliveries from grocery delivery services.

Last edited:
UPDATE

Walt Disney World resorts do have a $5 package handling fee (per box) which may be charged to your room at the resorts discretion. Whether you’re placing an order for through Garden Grocer or Amazon, Amazon Prime Pantry or sending a package from home, it’s important to make sure that your boxes are also clearly labelled.
Doesn't surprise me! Another way for Disney to grab more money. >:(

Hmm so me and the wife will be at the Oct 25th Party, which also is my wifes BDay so we are prob going all out on costumes this year. We are thinking about paying homage to the 50s and to Disneylands Social Clubs by having my Wife Disney Bound as a 1950s version of Merida.

She will be making a vintage 50s green dress with Celtic Embelishments as well as whatever leather accessories I decide to make for her. We both will be wearing Custom made Denim 1950s Style Social Club jackets with our own Stylized designed patches. Still havent decided on the name yet for the Silly Social Club but of course it will be something Brave/Merida influenced, "Meridas Marauders" or something of that nature.

Due to my wife being a Redhead by birth and my love of the Classic version of Pirates I will design a his and hers style patch. Hers might say Redhead Brigade or Redhead Original no idea yet. Mine will have "We wants the Redhead" somewhere in the design.

I myself will also being wearing one of my Tartan Kilts because thats just how I dress as Disney and nicely enough it goes with our theme, I will prob Greese my hair back to the 50s style and depending on the heat at that time in October I will wear Ghille Broughes.

I am sure there is more that we will do, of course making sure it stays within Disney Guidelines but thats all we have come up with so far. We normally only go this level of all out for Renaissance Festivals since me and the wife are also "Rennies" but considering this also will co-inside with regular Disney Bounding rolls, it will serve a dual purpose and be allowed for future WDW visits durring non MNSSHP days or even D23 next year.

Depending on time I might even make my wife a Teddy Bear purse to pay homage to Meridas bear brothers, I know we have a crazy amount of ideas, and a whole costume shop to do them in at our house but now it just comes down to time.

Hmm so me and the wife will be at the Oct 25th Party, which also is my wifes BDay so we are prob going all out on costumes this year. We are thinking about paying homage to the 50s and to Disneylands Social Clubs by having my Wife Disney Bound as a 1950s version of Merida.

She will be making a vintage 50s green dress with Celtic Embelishments as well as whatever leather accessories I decide to make for her. We both will be wearing Custom made Denim 1950s Style Social Club jackets with our own Stylized designed patches. Still havent decided on the name yet for the Silly Social Club but of course it will be something Brave/Merida influenced, "Meridas Marauders" or something of that nature.

Due to my wife being a Redhead by birth and my love of the Classic version of Pirates I will design a his and hers style patch. Hers might say Redhead Brigade or Redhead Original no idea yet. Mine will have "We wants the Redhead" somewhere in the design.

I myself will also being wearing one of my Tartan Kilts because thats just how I dress as Disney and nicely enough it goes with our theme, I will prob Greese my hair back to the 50s style and depending on the heat at that time in October I will wear Ghille Broughes.

I am sure there is more that we will do, of course making sure it stays within Disney Guidelines but thats all we have come up with so far. We normally only go this level of all out for Renaissance Festivals since me and the wife are also "Rennies" but considering this also will co-inside with regular Disney Bounding rolls, it will serve a dual purpose and be allowed for future WDW visits durring non MNSSHP days or even D23 next year.

Depending on time I might even make my wife a Teddy Bear purse to pay homage to Meridas bear brothers, I know we have a crazy amount of ideas, and a whole costume shop to do them in at our house but now it just comes down to time.

Oh. My. Goodness. I love everything your wrote! Ooh yeah! It read like a well written book, each paragraph reaching a new height of excitement and imagination of the final products. Well done! I really hope you post images of the handy work including how-to's, this I would love to see! With the party being 4.5 +/- months out even I'm feeling the pressure.

Oh. My. Goodness. I love everything your wrote! Ooh yeah! It read like a well written book, each paragraph reaching a new height of excitement and imagination of the final products. Well done! I really hope you post images of the handy work including how-to's, this I would love to see! With the party being 4.5 +/- months out even I'm feeling the pressure.

The good news about the time aspect is that my wife can push out her dress in a weekend and I already have several kilts that fit the color scheme so no need on that. The jackets will take a bit longer but the patches are all made computerized so as long as there isnt any issue with the Embroidery machine, those can also be done in a weekend.

The major time syncs will actually be whatever leather work I end up doing, I already have a waist cinch belt I made for my wife that is Celtic theme that will work but It is lacking the hidden Mickey charm so I might end up making something new for that. The bear purse I am still deciding to either make that from scratch completely out of leather or literally just acquire a older much loved teddy bear and modifying it with straps and removing some stuffing to add a pocket and either a clam shell closure or locking flaps, I dont use any premade patterns for my leather work so, that tends to be the most time consuming while the jackets, dresses and whatever shirt my wife makes me will just be made to fit from other patterns she already has.

I will do my best to give picture updates as it progresses, but knowing me I wont start the project till after we get back from our June trip to WDW.

The bear purse I am still deciding to either make that from scratch completely out of leather or literally just acquire a older much loved teddy bear and modifying it with straps and removing some stuffing to add a pocket and either a clam shell closure or locking flaps.

I usually end up making my patterns as well which is time consuming. This is the most recent, Queen of Hearts. Notice the stuffed pink pig? It's a purse fully lined in a barrel shape and the remaining part of the pig is stuffed. There is a zipper from the base of its neck which runs along the back to its tail and has two handles.

upload_2018-5-1_9-21-29.png

@FoxC63 - that’s amazing!
I made my DD’s peasant Belle dress, with my Beast T-shirt, and Peter Pan outfit with Captain Hook T-shirt for DS and DP for last year’s party. Am thinking about repurposing Peter Pan into Robin Hood for DS, DD really wants Rey from Star Wars. No clue what DP and I will do.
Any ideas are welcome!
(Will post pics from last year when it lets me and I can figure out how to on my phone.)

@FoxC63 - that’s amazing!
I made my DD’s peasant Belle dress, with my Beast T-shirt, and Peter Pan outfit with Captain Hook T-shirt for DS and DP for last year’s party. Am thinking about repurposing Peter Pan into Robin Hood for DS, DD really wants Rey from Star Wars. No clue what DP and I will do.
Any ideas are welcome!
(Will post pics from last year when it lets me and I can figure out how to on my phone.)

Thanks for the kudos very kind of you! I want to make this years costume in burgundy to repurpose into Tower of Terror for next year. My mind is racing on how to redesign this outfit to make that happen with the pattern I've chosen which can be seen on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-costumes-guidelines.3671354/page-3#post-59051463"]Post #51[/URL]. Just the skirt alone takes 6.5 yards of fabric making it the widest skirt I've ever made. I'm not looking to create a skirt that resembles Scarlett O'hara Gone with Wind dress as seen below.

upload_2018-5-2_9-44-49.png

I may have to go with another pattern all together or just create my own.

@FoxC63 I think that pattern takes 6.5 yards because of the gathers at the hip and the massively time-consuming pleated hem. Maybe if you use a skirt pattern from Simplicity 1558 (or another steampunk pattern) and add trim instead of a pleated hem, it would be more doable?

@FoxC63 I think that pattern takes 6.5 yards because of the gathers at the hip and the massively time-consuming pleated hem. Maybe if you use a skirt pattern from Simplicity 1558 (or another steampunk pattern) and add trim instead of a pleated hem, it would be more doable?

Exactly! I love this Simplicity 1558 pattern a lot!!!

upload_2018-5-3_17-48-23.png

Thanks for the recommendation :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I do not own this one and it would work really well for Dr. Watson and transition into Tower of Terror very nicely! I'll have to see if JoAnn's is offering their patterns for $1.99 or better yet $0.99. :ssst: Thinking, thinking, thinking! Woof! And I would only need 4yds. for the Jacket and skirt! :eek: The fabric I'm looking at is wool gaberdine in burgundy for $32.95 per yard so this is way better! Cha-ching!

Happy dance!
:dancer:

SOLD!!!!!
Thanks Buddy!!! :hug:

Does anyone have experience with spray painting plastic objects with GOLD paint?
Best gold spray paint for plastic recommendations needed for this item.

upload_2018-5-3_19-34-3.png

Thank you!

I love this pattern so much I went to JoAnn's and bought it! I also updated my original post and it can be viewed here: Post #51

Thanks again!

Happy to help! I'll always choose to frankenstein a costume if it means less cost and time. That's why we're disneybounding our characters for the party - I can't imagine building this outfit in 5 months from scratch. :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter