“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

Haha, my typos are becoming a thing apparently, LOL. I'll just develop my own language. We'll call it Chunkism. :rotfl:
Oh no, not a typo just a different way of saying being in line! I thought maybe it was a New York thing, lol, I like it, very chic way to say it! I may steal, haha! Love Chunkism, very clever:thumbsup2

Have been thinking about you and your family, so sorry for your loss! Love seeing all of yours and Chunkysis’s pictures of your favorite Dad memories!:littleangel:

Oh no, not a typo just a different way of saying being in line! I thought maybe it was a New York thing, lol, I like it, very chic way to say it! I may steal, haha! Love Chunkism, very clever:thumbsup2

Have been thinking about you and your family, so sorry for your loss! Love seeing all of yours and Chunkysis’s pictures of your favorite Dad memories!:littleangel:

Haha I'm going to have to write a Chunkism dictionary one day then!

Thank you so much Caroline, that is very sweet :)

When I left off, Andi and I had returned to GF. We had a lazy afternoon, watching Cars and dozing off in the room. We, slowly, got up and ready for MK. We had FP+ this evening for Splash, Big Thunder, and Peter Pan. I did feel like I had lead in my shoes and a bowling ball in my stomach :guilty:

That's why we are doing very few, if any, buffets these days. I just feel gross after :crazy2:

She looked at me, after this interaction, and said “mom, some people and experiences this trip our just popping your Disney bubble aren’t they” I thought about this and it was so very true for many reasons! It was our go to phrase for the rest of our days when something was just not up to “my Disney standards”. I also thought more about this and it also encompassed the whole last trip with Andi before she went off to college, so yes I was holding on to my bubble for dear life and hoping it never popped!!

Cute :goodvibes

It was very nice visiting with them and of course her husband did snap a picture of us!

Nice picture and Dis-Meet!

I had one more FP and it is my all time favorite dark ride so I wasn’t skipping that. I headed to PPF and was on fairly quickly with my FP. I enjoyed this ride as usual!
img_dec152018at73247am-jpg.369983

Good call, you can't miss this one :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness, this was a critical error on the part of a Disney veteran! Andi would have teased me for sure! It was almost time for HEA and it was an actual nightmare to get out of the park. I literally thought I was going to get swallowed up by the people around me! I felt panicked several times, yuck!! I did make it out and got a picture to show I was still in one piece!
img_dec152018at74913am-jpg.369989

You were actually smart to leave before HEA…the crowd afterwards would have been much worse :scared1:

While I was on the monorail I got a message from Melinda @pepperandchips here on th boards. She was in Tomorrow Land and hoping we could meet up, I was so bummed I had left the park and literally fought for my life to get out:rolleyes1. I would have loved to meet her! I just didn’t have it in me to go back at that time. I really thought about just staying on the monorail for the full loop but I was just pulling in to GF and decided to call it a night! Melinda I would have loved to meet you and I am so happy I will get the chance in May!!

Aw, too bad! But May is coming up quick!

I got back to the room around 10pm and as I was walking up the outside stairs, I noticed 3 CM’s in the bushes trying to wrangle a critter. I got a glimpse of the critter and I think it may have been an armadillo maybe?? I hope it was something cute and not scary, lol!

Aw, poor little guy, I hope he was ok :-)

Hello Everyone!

Before I respond to replies, I wanted to post about my “almost disastrous” day!

I have been buying Disney gift cards from BJ’s Wholesale club. We don’t have one in our area so I order online. I have found some great deals, I have found up to 7-8% off the cards depending on the denominations. I had one more pack of $450.00 worth of cards coming in the mail.

I was going through my emails on Sunday and saw the notification of shipment so I clicked on the tracking and noticed the cards had been delivered on 12/10. :eek: I had absolutely no recollection of seeing the package in the mailbox. I asked my husband if he had any mail in his car, he says no, why?? I tell him and he is like oh no! I go out to my car and look around to see if the envelope had fell under a seat but no luck! My heart is sinking, this is a lot of Disney money to lose.

My husband starts lecturing me about asking for a signature when getting that much money in the mail, probably true but I had already gotten $1050 in the mail and no problems! I start looking up the customer service number at BJ’s to call, I am sitting on hold and my husband comes in from outside with the package!!:jumping1: He found it in the garbage, I accidentally threw away 450.00 of Disney money:blush: He just gives me the look and tells me I owe him, haha! I was so relieved! What makes this even more important is our garbage is picked up Monday morning! If I wouldn’t have thought to check that email on Sunday, the gift cards would have been gone forever! So happy that didn’t happen. Lesson learned! The scary thing is I have no recollection of throwing that package out with the junk mail, yikes! Thank goodness I am on vacation now until next week!!

I want to thank everyone for reading and continuing to comment on my TR! Since I am on vacation I hope to finish up my report soon.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

OMG, thank God you found that! that would have been a disaster!

It is PhotoPass Day! Today is Sunday 8/19, this is our last full day! It is amazing how fast even a 10 day trip goes by.

Our plan was AK in the morning and Epcot in the evening! We had FP+ for Dinosaur, FoP, and Safari. I was up and ready to roll, eating the rest of my school bread with coffee and Andi was slowly moving and getting ready. She was feeling fine, headache was gone!

We arrived in AK by 8:30, the bus stop app continued to work well for us! I’m looking forward to using this again in January. We got to see the very well hidden DiVine as we walked in AK.
IMG_Dec192018at74802AM.jpg
The masses headed towards Pandora and we went right to Dinoland. It was very nice to have very few people heading the way we were going! Our first ride was going to be the all time favorite of mine, Dinosaur! It was a walk on so we did this once through standby and then again with our FP+
This was very fun as usual and nice to get two rides!
IMG_Dec192018at75118AM.jpg IMG_Dec192018at75056AM.jpg
Bolt was meeting today for the PhotoPass Day and this was a must for us! We have met so many characters over our many trips and Bolt has eluded us! He is rare now and doesn’t meet often. We missed him by a few minutes at DHS a few years ago so this was a must do. The meeting area was on the Discovery Trail. We headed over and there was already a decent line but not to bad. We jumped in line. I went across the way to Starbucks for some morning caffeine! I got the favorite of mine SA refresher and Andi wanted the Vanilla sweet cream cold brew coffee. Both of these helped the long wait. We had a family in front of us and they had two very rambunctious boys! It was entertaining to watch. I think we saw every emotion from those boys during the wait!:eek: We did wait a total of 1 hour to meet Bolt, a new record of waiting for us. Andi did not complain at all, she was in a good mood and wanted to see Bolt :dog: Bolt was not signing autographs which did make sense, the wait would have been double if he was. We did get a signature something, for the life of me I can’t remember if it was a dog paw, it is upstairs and I don’t feel like going to get it:rolleyes1 Anyhow it was pre signed!
Our meet with Bolt was a lot of fun! It was boiling hot waiting for him so I am glad he was not a dud!
We had a big glass of ice water from Starbucks after this, it was needed:drinking:
IMG_Dec192018at75148AM.jpg IMG_Dec192018at75035AM.jpg
Since the wait took quite some time, it was now almost time for our FoP FP+ We headed over to Pandora via the Africa bridge. I love this way. It is just past the Lion King area for those of you wondering and is usually a quiet way to enter Pandora! Sometimes it is blocked off so can be a bummer! Today it was open and we enjoyed our walk over. Pandora is so amazing! I am so excited for my sister to experience it in January! Our FP journey to the preshow was quite quick today, I am always amazed how there are so few people in the FP line until the lines merge! This ride continues to be my new favorite, so immersive and breathtaking. We have now experienced all the levels and we like the upper level the best!
IMG_Dec192018at75222AM.jpg
We looked around some in Pandora before making our way back over to Dinoland. I wanted to get the magic shot with Huey, Dewey, and Louie. We found the spot and the photographer was so sweet.
IMG_Dec192018at75013AM.jpg
It was hot today:furious: More humid again and full on sun this morning! We decided to eat somewhere different today and we tried Restaurantosaurus. It was relatively early for lunch and the place was not to packed. It was still very busy, I sent Andi to find a table and I ordered our meal. We decided to share the Bacon Cheese Burger Combo, this was the burger with fries, fountain drink, and brownie dessert. This was a good deal for splitting and plenty of food for the two of us. The picture is less than great, however this was really good. The burger was actually very fresh for a Disney burger, there is a fixing bar here and this was nice to load up the burger. The fries and brownie dessert also very good! Not bad since there are so many good places to eat in AK! We enjoyed the air conditioning and resting up a little before going back out in the heat.
IMG_Dec192018at74848AM.jpg
Our next spot for a photo was by The UP adventure, I read there was a magic shot with Kevin. We headed over there and got in line. There was a decent line, about a 15 minute wait. We got our photos and do you see what is wrong with this picture? :P Obviously Kevin was not working for us!
IMG_Dec192018at74942AM.jpg IMG_Dec192018at74915AM.jpg
We had a Safari FP coming up next and Andi was not feeling it today in the heat, we skipped this and worked our way out of the park for a nice rest at the resort. We did have a fun morning at AK!

Stay tuned for our Epcot evening. It was a raining one!:eeyore:

Hi, Caroline! I'm off for Christmas now, so I was just getting caught up on your last few updates. :goodvibes

I did feel like I had lead in my shoes and a bowling ball in my stomach :guilty:

Uggh, so hard to do Disney full-speed when you feel this way!

I got the Strawberry Açaí Refresher and Andi went with a new pineapple black tea. Both were really good and helped lighten our step some.

Nice! Leave it to Starbucks to help you power through!

Haha they almost got it right! :laughing: I'm sure Andi's used to that. I rarely have my named spelled right either since there are so many ways to spell Me[a]g[h]an[n].

Sometimes I wonder if some people do any research before heading to Disney! The people in front of us were discussing “the Yeti” they will encounter on this ride, what??

:rotfl: You really do hear some of the craziest things in queue lines.

Andi is a little sarcastic at times, thank goodness! It does make our trips more fun! She looked at me, after this interaction, and said “mom, some people and experiences this trip our just popping your Disney bubble aren’t they” I thought about this and it was so very true for many reasons!

I wondered where the TR title story would come from! This is great. I hope you managed to mostly keep your Disney bubble intact.

Andi was not feeling the best after Splash, she had a headache. I think the heat and long days were getting to my sarcastic little girl!:crazy2:

I can relate. It's easy for that to happen in the summer. We had a few moments like that, too. Good that it didn't last too long for Andi.

I noticed 3 CM’s in the bushes trying to wrangle a critter. I got a glimpse of the critter and I think it may have been an armadillo maybe?? I hope it was something cute and not scary, lol!

:rotfl: Cute!! I think I remember you saying something about an armadillo when I posted about seeing one during our Animal Kingdom photo shoot. They're kinda funny little guys, and very foreign to use northerners! Hopefully it was something cute like that, and not a snake or gator or something. :scared1:

I start looking up the customer service number at BJ’s to call, I am sitting on hold and my husband comes in from outside with the package!!:jumping1: He found it in the garbage, I accidentally threw away 450.00 of Disney money:blush: He just gives me the look and tells me I owe him, haha! I was so relieved!

Oh my goodness!! What a close call!! :scared1: This sounds like something I would do.

The scary thing is I have no recollection of throwing that package out with the junk mail, yikes!

Isn't it funny how we can do things and have no memory of them whatsoever. This happens to me sometimes, too. Glad it worked out!

It is amazing how fast even a 10 day trip goes by.

Agreed. It doesn't matter how long a trip is. When the last day arrives, it always feels like it came a little too soon.

Bolt was not signing autographs which did make sense, the wait would have been double if he was.

That's definitely fair.

We had a CM on one of our recent trips tell me (when I asked about whether a character signing) that as long as they have thumbs then they're good to sign! Ha! Right! Nathan and I started keeping track after that of all the characters we came across with thumbs who were not signing. And there were a good few of them.

This came out so cute! Glad the wait was worth it.

Oh, I like this one! Very fun! :goodvibes

I am shocked that Andi waited that long for Bolt! But he is pretty rare and your pics came out cute! I am ashamed to say I've never seen that film :sad2:

Sounds like a great morning!

Bolt was meeting today for the PhotoPass Day and this was a must for us!
Yay for PhotoPass day! Of course if you remember my TR for this day, we did stand in line before he started to meet but bailed out. The line seemed very long at the very start, and wow was it hot that day!

We did wait a total of 1 hour to meet Bolt, a new record of waiting for us.
Long wait? Caroline, hold my beer. :laughing:
(That is a little hint on how my MNSSHP went. Another couple updates to go...)

We headed over to Pandora via the Africa bridge. I love this way. It is just past the Lion King area for those of you wondering and is usually a quiet way to enter Pandora!
Oh cool, I had no idea there was an entrance to Pandora there.
Anyway must be quieter than the one by Tiffins.

We got our photos and do you see what is wrong with this picture?
Hmmm...yeah, something doesn't seem right.

He found it in the garbage, I accidentally threw away 450.00 of Disney money:blush:

:scared1: Oh my gosh!! I have never been so relieved to see a sentence in my whole life after reading what happened. So glad it was found!!

It is PhotoPass Day!

Ooh, yay!! I've always wanted to be there on photopass day!!

She was feeling fine, headache was gone!

Good!!

the bus stop app continued to work well for us!

I love this addition, I am looking forward to using it on our trip

He's so cute!! I'm glad you guys tracked down the elusive Bolt and got to check him off your meet and greet list

Since the wait took quite some time, it was now almost time for our FoP FP+ We headed over to Pandora via the Africa bridge. I love this way. It is just past the Lion King area for those of you wondering and is usually a quiet way to enter Pandora! Sometimes it is blocked off so can be a bummer! Today it was open and we enjoyed our walk over.

It was blocked off last January when we were there, after I'd talked it up to DH as being a nice way to go in, LOL!!

I am always amazed how there are so few people in the FP line until the lines merge!

I agree. The first time I went through the FP line I thought I'd taken a wrong turn, there were no other people in sight and I just KNEW I'd managed to get myself lost :rotfl:

He found it in the garbage, I accidentally threw away 450.00 of Disney money:blush:
:worship: to your husband - that was a close call with the garbage pick up the next day! But so happy you found that money in the nick of time!!!

Yes, maybe it will turn into an annual trip!
Yes! I sure hope so... I think that would be amazing :grouphug:

Think about it, we do love our August trips despite the heat, it is a good time to go!
Yes! It really is a great time to go... and bonus! Dismeet! ;)

We got to see the very well hidden DiVine as we walked in AK.
I love her, she is so beautiful and elegant :goodvibes

Well worth the wait - what a cute photo! :thumbsup2

That's why we are doing very few, if any, buffets these days. I just feel gross after
I agree, we stayed full and felt blah all day! The food was very good but heavy!

Nice picture and Dis-Meet!
Thank you, so fun to meet people from the boards.

You were actually smart to leave before HEA…the crowd afterwards would have been much worse :scared1:
For sure, both times are crazy!

OMG, thank God you found that! that would have been a disaster!
I felt sick to my stomach, thinking those cards were gone, yikes!

I love all your PP pictures! How fun!
Thank you, we had a fun morning in AK

Hi, Caroline! I'm off for Christmas now, so I was just getting caught up on your last few updates. :goodvibes
Yay for Christmas break! When are you going to Disney? I think you have a trip coming up.

Uggh, so hard to do Disney full-speed when you feel this way!
Yes, we definitely start slowing down towards the end of the trip

Nice! Leave it to Starbucks to help you power through!
It does help! We enjoy the refreshers!

Haha they almost got it right! :laughing: I'm sure Andi's used to that. I rarely have my named spelled right either since there are so many ways to spell Me[a]g[h]an[n].
Haha! So true, about 90% of the time Andi is spelled wrong! I could see that with your name also!

You really do hear some of the craziest things in queue lines.
Free entertainment right? Lol!

I wondered where the TR title story would come from! This is great. I hope you managed to mostly keep your Disney bubble intact.
My bubble stayed intact, deflated a little some days!

I can relate. It's easy for that to happen in the summer. We had a few moments like that, too. Good that it didn't last too long for And
The heat can really sneak up on you

Cute!! I think I remember you saying something about an armadillo when I posted about seeing one during our Animal Kingdom photo shoot. They're kinda funny little guys, and very foreign to use northerners! Hopefully it was something cute like that, and not a snake or gator or something.
I’m pretty sure it was an armadillo or possibly a raccoon!

Oh my goodness!! What a close call!! :scared1: This sounds like something I would do.
It was not a good feeling when I saw the shipping info, yikes!

Isn't it funny how we can do things and have no memory of them whatsoever. This happens to me sometimes, too. Glad it worked out!
Me too, I have January all paid for and spending money ready to go with all my gift cards!

Agreed. It doesn't matter how long a trip is. When the last day arrives, it always feels like it came a little too soon.
It sure does, Disney time flies!

That's definitely fair.

We had a CM on one of our recent trips tell me (when I asked about whether a character signing) that as long as they have thumbs then they're good to sign! Ha! Right! Nathan and I started keeping track after that of all the characters we came across with thumbs who were not signing. And there were a good few of them.
Disney is doing something’s I don’t like, photo booths for some characters, I hope the preprinted autographs aren’t going to become a normal all the time! We have seen them more and more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter