“Refresh” is my new favorite strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strategy/tech questions:

How do you handle this during a park day--especially in a group with other adults? Typically does one person check?
Is it ever better to forego a super late but hard to get FP (like for FOP) to give yourself more flexibility throughout the park day?
Once a time shows up on the app and you select it, does it ever disappear? How fast do my fingers have to be at that point? (As in, could someone else snag it at the same time)
This might be the last straw that pushes me from an iPhone to an Android...crazy/not crazy?

Strategy/tech questions:

How do you handle this during a park day--especially in a group with other adults? Typically does one person check?
Is it ever better to forego a super late but hard to get FP (like for FOP) to give yourself more flexibility throughout the park day?
Once a time shows up on the app and you select it, does it ever disappear? How fast do my fingers have to be at that point? (As in, could someone else snag it at the same time)
This might be the last straw that pushes me from an iPhone to an Android...crazy/not crazy?

We're a family of 3 but normally I'm the only one checking for FP's unless my daughter steals my wife's phone lol The more people checking the better the odds though. If you see a time it's yours (if you don't do something silly like accidentally refresh again.....fingers working faster than the brain) but I believe it will time out after a while and just give you an error if you choose it (I think I saw someone say that it's around 5 minutes or something but I've never tested that out). I define crazy as using an iPhone in the first place!! :P

We're a family of 3 but normally I'm the only one checking for FP's unless my daughter steals my wife's phone lol The more people checking the better the odds though. If you see a time it's yours (if you don't do something silly like accidentally refresh again.....fingers working faster than the brain) but I believe it will time out after a while and just give you an error if you choose it (I think I saw someone say that it's around 5 minutes or something but I've never tested that out). I define crazy as using an iPhone in the first place!! :P

I bet if I can sell this to my 13-yo the right way, I can improve our options AND give him something to do in line that's not pestering his little sister. :D

Thanks! (and I concede the point on the iPhone)

I bet if I can sell this to my 13-yo the right way, I can improve our options AND give him something to do in line that's not pestering his little sister. :D

Thanks! (and I concede the point on the iPhone)

Yeah just give him the mission and he'll succeed no problem. Maybe give him a heads up on what to target for each park, especially if you have some who prefer less thrill than others. Mentally I have a priority list, but sometimes it's hard when you see something good for right now vs waiting for something awesome a little later.

They are a rip off. We got our power bank for $8 from Amazon and it works great.
I know nothing about these power banks. Any suggestions regarding what kind? I have an iPhone but the rest of my family has androids. Hoping we can share!

I know nothing about these power banks. Any suggestions regarding what kind? I have an iPhone but the rest of my family has androids. Hoping we can share!
Anker is a good brand but I have another lesser brand know that I don't have with me right now, so unsure of brand, that I got on Amazon for around 8 dollars as part of a lightening deal, it works fine and is one of those smaller ones. Large capacity ones that are much heavier and cost around 30 and up. My daughter uses her phone alot and would use a small one twice a day but if you don't use your phone too much you could probably get by with just a small capacity bank. There are many versions depending on how much charging capacity you want. I would check Amazon and see the rating. Some products have fake ratings so you can see if a particular item has a few to many on fakespot dot com.

Last edited:

I have this one. I won't post the link, because all links are going through Vigilink here and it creates confusion. If you paste this into Amazon search it will come up. It is a very good charger. We use it all the time.

Jackery Portable Charger Bar 6000mAh Pocket-sized External Battery Pack Fast charger Power Bank with Emergency LED Flashlight for iPhone, Samsung and Other Devices

Anker is a good brand but I have another lesser brand know that I don't have with me right now, so unsure of brand, that I got on Amazon for around 8 dollars as part of a lightening deal, it works fine and is one of those smaller ones. Large capacity ones that are much heavier and cost around 30 and up. My daughter uses her phone alot and would use a small one twice a day but if you don't use your phone too much you could probably get by with just a small capacity bank. There are many versions depending on how much charging capacity you want. I would check Amazon and see the rating. Some products have fake ratings so you can see if a particular item has a few to many on fakespot dot com.
Thank you!!!

I have this one. I won't post the link, because all links are going through Vigilink here and it creates confusion. If you paste this into Amazon search it will come up. It is a very good charger. We use it all the time.

Jackery Portable Charger Bar 6000mAh Pocket-sized External Battery Pack Fast charger Power Bank with Emergency LED Flashlight for iPhone, Samsung and Other Devices
Thanks so much!

They are a rip off. We got our power bank for $8 from Amazon and it works great.

I'm pretty happy with the FuelRod. I realize I am paying for the convenience. But we go to WDW enough that being able to get a freshly charged one 2-3 times a day is pretty great for a $30 one time purchase.

I'm pretty happy with the FuelRod. I realize I am paying for the convenience. But we go to WDW enough that being able to get a freshly charged one 2-3 times a day is pretty great for a $30 one time purchase.

Plus it's right there when you just happen to forget that $8 charger at home... It certainly wasn't my first choice but it turned out ok. And we have it for when we go back. So I guess that's something.

Strategy/tech questions:

Once a time shows up on the app and you select it, does it ever disappear?
How fast do my fingers have to be at that point? (As in, could someone else snag it at the same time)

If you have a late but hard to get FP+, work on changing it to an earlier time. Choose that FP in your app and choose modify. Select the time or time frame you want and keep refreshing to see if an earlier time shows up that you want. It will take a little persistence but it usually works. And if you select a time that shows up, it won't disappear. It's yours for the time it will take to confirm.

This is the charger I use, and it works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter