“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

Well I guess that's what I get for showing up late! I'm a month late to the game and have 10 pages of catching up to do!

I was very sorry to read about your dad's passing. I hope you and and your family are doing okay. Thinking of you and sending some love and light your way.

Your trip sounds so wonderful so far, except for some of the negatives of staying at OKW. You got great incentives for your DVC tour, though! We might just have to book a tour for our upcoming trip. If the gift cards are anything like they gave you, it would be worth it! We may consider buying DVC someday once I've gotten settled in a job and we have our budget and paying student loans and whatnot sorted out. We'll see.

Minnie came by first and she was so cute and nice! Spent a fair amount of time with us. She loved Andi’s saying on her shirt. It is a pocket tee and says Mickey knows a smile will always help when things get rough. Andi explained how this saying helped her everyday and Minnie loved this!

I just had to quote this. This is such a sweet moment with Andi and Minnie! These are the things that make me still love character meets as an adult.

Your experience at DHS that morning made me laugh. I can only imagine how hard it is to explain to little kids why you're doing this so early in the morning but I'm glad it worked out well for you!

My sister and I ate at Topolino's in December and loved it too! It seemed to be a lower-key kinda character meal and the characters seemed to be able to have more fun with it! Riviera is so gorgeous too!

I haven't heard anyone say they're less than amazed with ROTR, SW fan or not! We'll be trying to ride in July when we're there with the boys, I'm just assuming the whole boarding group thing will still be going on because even with it's flaws it does seem the best way to go about it for now. Glad you enjoyed it so much!

Steve has considered the DVC tour before (I may have said that lol). That's a great deal 4 FP's each and the gift cards! How long was the actual tour would you say?

They kept running around the chairs and bumping into everything. This was a little distracting! The adults never said a word and basically ignored them.
:sad2: I guess still better than my last experience at Yak n Yeti in October lol!

Better late than never, right? I'm excited to join in.

Separately, I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your father lived a long and happy life and will be dearly missed.

We have already received the amount of snow we normally receive during an entire winter season.

We are on the opposite end- nothing more than a set of flurries last year. Now, in the Philly area, we're obviously never looking at the kind of snow you get. But, we usually get a few good storms that drop a few inches of accumulation, just enough to delay schools and make everyone shovel, and at least one proper blizzard. So far this season: nada.

We also found toenail clippings on the floor in the little kitchen area and a lot of hair in the bathroom. This was gross, we could tell the floors had not been cleaned at all before our arrival. I did call and the manager was very helpful and nice. He agreed this was not acceptable. He sent housekeeping back, gave us each 3 anytime FP and a $200.00 resort credit. I certainly didn’t expect that, I just wanted to have the floors cleaned. I was impressed with the manager at OKW.

Ick! That's completely awful. I'm glad the manager did what he could to make up for it.

Our picture sums up how tired we are feeling. We loved our ride and will hurry back!
IMG_Feb82020at75951AM.jpg

Too funny!

We just took it all in and savored the treats and the wonderful HEA show. This party took away the stress of finding a spot to watch HEA and increased the enjoyment by 100% for me. Tink flew right over us, it was amazing, she was so close!!

An HEA dessert party is definitely on my future list. It sounds like such a lovely way to end a day at MK.

A little girl with her family was asking why are we standing here and what are we going to do this morning. The dad says, we are going back to the room to rest in half an hour. :sad2: The poor little girl was quite deflated and couldn’t understand why she had to come in the park so early for nothing!

Poor kid. Really, if she had already tapped in and then were leaving anyway, they could have left and worked on the boarding groups from the bus or the room...

7:00am came and Andi was able to get boarding group 45 for us, we were happy with this!

Excellent work!

This breakfast was very enjoyable. The staff were very friendly with a nice upbeat atmosphere.

This sounds lovely.

We decided to get some ice water at Woody’s Lunchbox and while we were chillin our boarding group notification popped up on my phone.

Great timing.

We had a rowdy group of kids next to us. They kept running around the chairs and bumping into everything. This was a little distracting! The adults never said a word and basically ignored them.

This bothers me to no end. If your kids just have to get out their energy, bring them outside. A busy restaurant with staff carrying trays of food and drink, plus other patrons trying to enjoy a meal, is no place for that.

Happy to hear you made it on RotR and that it was as good as everyone says it is! I am not a SW fan, but the use of three different ride systems has me intrigued.

Between the 150.00 gift card from the DVC tour and the "free" dinner, you were really being smart with your Disney time. It always feels good to save a few dollars at WDW.

So, very far behind! But all caught up now!

We worked our way over to our first FP. The thrill of riding over London and Neverland made it feel like we were truly home again. Andi pointed out the crocodile weathervane on the rooftop.
IMG_Feb52020at65517AM.jpg
I have never noticed that! And that is what I love about Disney. Always something to notice!

This is another very special ride for Andi and I! Ariel is her favorite and we have so many fun memories on this ride! I think we literally have rode this at least a 100x now! Again people it never gets old!
us too!

I had read there was a fire here a few days before. Did any of you see that article? I didn’t notice anything. No PM on our first night, boo!
There was! And you saw my pictures from the other weekend. I think it is finally all fixed. I think the belt must have rubbed down so low that it caused smoke.

Our picture sums up how tired we are feeling. We loved our ride and will hurry back!
IMG_Feb82020at75951AM.jpg
This is the best.

Wow holy construction, Epcot! Walls everywhere! Poor Future World is a massive construction project.
It has gotten even worse!!!! From the sounds of it.

I’m more of a Soarin over California fan myself. Test Track was down for refurbishment this visit, bummer!
Test Track being down was a bummer for sure. And I wish we were able to see Soarin over California before it had closed.

We decided to get a refresher at the new Starbucks location before our last FP at SE. We slowly walked around and enjoyed our drink. As we walked along, a CM from a DVC kiosk stopped us and said we looked like we could use a sticker. We got to talking to him and before I knew it, I was setting up a tour to check out the new Riviera DVC. It was a good deal because Andi is over 18, we both would get $75.00 gift cards and 4 FP’s. The 4 FP’s a person was because we were staying at OKW, the flagship DVC resort. Normally it is 3 FP’s. I thought why not, an extra $150.00 dollars was awesome! We scheduled the tour for 3:30pm the next day. After this, it was time for SE. W
I have always been tempted do one. Problem is I think I would want a location that isn't for official sale anymore. Well, that and the $$$$ down, of course.

The Terrace option we sat the whole time at a table. Spoiler alert, this was so awesome and I am now spoiled for all firework shows!
Right?!?! Maybe next time we will do the terrace one. We have been doing the post dessert party. And a drink or two will make it feel like a better deal.

We went to try the single rider for Smugglers Run except it wasn’t open and the stand by was over 100 minutes already, what??
Everyone getting there at park opening for get Rise is killing the Rope Drop benefit. It is basically gone right now.

I picked the Wood-fired Butchers Steak, this was steak with polenta, tomatoes, onions, and wild mushrooms. It really wasn’t a typical breakfast entree. The description sounded good to me.
5412C8A7-D38E-4BA8-A1D6-F882938FDCC8.JPG
That looks really good! But suprised they didn't put an egg with it.

$103.00 with tip, no discounts here, however, this was technically free with our resort credit we had. :love:
Disney Math at it's best!

We had a rowdy group of kids next to us. They kept running around the chairs and bumping into everything. This was a little distracting! The adults never said a word and basically ignored them.
Ugh. I HATE when the parent ignore there kids bad behavior.

It was so nice to be in an empty World Showcase

I need to make more of a point to get there right at 11:00 now and then.

I agree, very annoying, another girl was doing it the whole Gran Fiesta ride and Andi politely in Spanish told her to stop, 😂

Oh, the "I don't speak English" problem solved. Totally learning that phrase.

It was interesting 🤔 and worth the incentive

Yeah, I think imma need to do this.

I would highly recommend and we didn’t even have supper, just our lunch at House of Blues. The egg rolls are so good and the other savory options were yummy
Who knows! I enjoyed calling all the annoying people Freak!! Haha

I can see you doing this!! LOL!

Yes this breakfast would have blown that days budget!

We can't have that!!

The ride is worth it!

I can't wait to ride it!

Did you know this is the first ride ever in all Disney parks that uses three different ride experiences! Yes it is! It is track less, with a motion simulator portion and a drop tower! Currently there is not any other ride that does this. There is so much to see and be a part of. The animatronics are unbelievable, very very cool! I would love to work in there!

Nice!! I had no idea.

I showed my Landry card and we had a table upstairs within 5-10 minutes.

Yeah, it's time for me to get one of those. I don't go out to eat anymore except the occasional DoorDash so I can pay off some debt, but I can see myself using it for Y&Y.

I ordered the Kobe burger and Andi went with the tofu version of Tikka Masala.

I think of the 2 I'd have gotten the Tikka. Looked really good!

This is a HUGE issue for me. It's dangerous and I'm paying premium to eat there. I want a non-chaotic meal. End of story.

Yak and Yeti total $62.00, I had a $25.00 reward on my Landry card for buying the gift cards, what a good deal. I used that and put the rest on the gift card. Today was $0.00 for food, can’t beat that!
Ka-ching!!!

SWGE does sound amazing......I’m sure Tom would love it......

Kobe burger gets such good reviews, looked good. We liked the yak and yeti, and yes, that cocktail looks fabulous!!

Enjoyed catching up again........and always enjoy your pictures.....love the dinosaur pose....... ::yes::

That would be so wonderful to pick Soarin over California or the world, I would pick California way more!
YES! I agree! And I'd pick California most of the time, too :thumbsup2

The tour was nice and we received the 4 FP’s and the $150.00 gift card at the end. It was not a high pressure situation and it was very informative. I would suggest doing a tour especially if they continue with the current incentives. Our tour was about 1 hour.
Especially with little pressure, this is such a worth-while investment of your time! I've wanted to do this for years now, but never have gotten around to it. Maybe next time!

What a pleasant evening! I love Yak & Yeti, but the rowdy kids would have definitely been distracting... good thing you had that drink to suck down :thumbsup2

I just heard about that! That's awesome!
I love when they add new scenes to ST, it adds to the experience!
Huh! I've never heard about this. Either all my friends are tall... or it's just never come up. Huh.
I guess we usually are in the first 2 rows so I hadn’t noticed until the last couple times and it is harder to touch the floor in rows 4 and 5 if you are short! I didn’t like it.
The FP system at DHS was ridiculous. Basically forced to make throwaways so you can maybe get a decent one...
It really was stupid! I had to pick a throw away FP each day we did FP there!
Hmm... depending in what capacity. "No sir. I don't know when it'll be fixed. Yes sir, I know you spent a lot of money to be here. No sir. I don't know how upset your family is. Yes sir. I'm sure you got up ridiculously early to be here..."
Haha 😂 I never thought about that. I would want to be inside interrogating the rebels!
In a bad way? Like... trouble understanding? Too fast that you couldn't really absorb info? Pressuring?
No he was just a smooth operator. :hyper:
Nice! Second time in the last couple days I've heard this.
Get a Landry’s card, so worth it!
How was it?
The burger is very good, the fries are not my favorite, very thin and rather hard.
This actually really bugs me...
I agree, kids running around and yelling brings a dinner experience down quick!
My personal thought is.. parents who let their kids run around restaurants are either stupid, clueless, incompetent or all three.
So true! I’m going with all 3
Love the pose, Caroline.
Thanks! We love this bumpy ride.
I'm just catching up and I am so sorry to hear about your dad, Caroline :hug: Between that and the stomach bug, sounds like you had a rough month.
Thank you Kelli, it has been rough, my mom is just numb! I feel so bad for her.
Les Halles is one of my favorite places in all of WDW
I agree, we always forget about this place and very worth a visit
think we will do the terrace seating next time, especially if I go with my mom. After walking all day, it was tough for her to stand and watch.
This was awesome and such a treat to sit and enjoy the fireworks 💥
Awesome that you got on ROTR. Watching poor Ariana on facebook get there so early and not get a boarding pass is making me tense
It is stressful! I was glad we got to experience it 3x!

o glad you guys got to ride RotR and loved it so much!!!
It was amazing!
I'm glad the tour was quick and not too high pressure. Worth the 1 hour for those incentives!
It really was interesting and the perks were a plus
Sounds like a great night at AK! I love your poses on Dinosaur!
We love AK and night is a wonderful experience
Obviously, they haven't watched our Disney Etiquette vlog. LOL!
They need to watch it. 😅
That's what I would do with the occasional disgusted look back...LOL!
Exactly!
This just sounds so incredible. I can't wait to finally experience it.
This ride is amazing and so immersive
Not bad at all. Worth the time, I guess.
It was only 1 hour and worth it in my opinion
You look quite relaxed.
Love Dinosaur
Eating for free at Disney World. That doesn't happen often!
Such a plus!

I was very sorry to read about your dad's passing. I hope you and and your family are doing okay. Thinking of you and sending some love and light your way.
Thank you Meghan!
You got great incentives for your DVC tour, though! We might just have to book a tour for our upcoming trip.
It really was worth it and interesting 🧐
just had to quote this. This is such a sweet moment with Andi and Minnie! These are the things that make me still love character meets as an adult.
It really was, the shirt is a conversation starter!

Your experience at DHS that morning made me laugh. I can only imagine how hard it is to explain to little kids why you're doing this so early in the morning but I'm glad it worked out well for you!
It was fun listening to everyone prepare for the digital experience haha 😂
My sister and I ate at Topolino's in December and loved it too
It really was a wonderful experience
I haven't heard anyone say they're less than amazed with ROTR, SW fan or not! We'll be trying to ride in July when we're there with the boys, I'm just assuming the whole boarding group thing will still be going on
I just can’t see it any other way for awhile. So popular!
Steve has considered the DVC tour before (I may have said that lol). That's a great deal 4 FP's each and the gift cards! How long was the actual tour would you say?
Our experience was quite non pressured and it lasted 1 hour for us!
guess still better than my last experience at Yak n Yeti in October lol!
Yes!
I'm glad you like Rise of the Resistance! I'm so excited to try and get a boarding group in April.
It is something everyone should try to experience on their trips!

I love when they add new scenes to ST, it adds to the experience!
Totally get that. :)
It really was stupid! I had to pick a throw away FP each day we did FP there!
:sad2:
Haha 😂 I never thought about that. I would want to be inside interrogating the rebels!
They interrogate the rebels?
Get a Landry’s card, so worth it!
Not sure if I can, actually. Hmm...
The burger is very good, the fries are not my favorite, very thin and rather hard.
Noted. Thanks. :)
I agree, kids running around and yelling brings a dinner experience down quick!
So stupid... :sad2:

Better late than never, right? I'm excited to join in.
Welcome and yes anytime you join in is perfect!
Separately, I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your father lived a long and happy life and will be dearly missed.
Thank you so much ☺
So far this season: nada.
You are very lucky, do you want some super cheap snow? Help yourself haha!
Ick! That's completely awful. I'm glad the manager did what he could to make up for it.
There is just something about nail and hair in your “clean” room, not good!
An HEA dessert party is definitely on my future list. It sounds like such a lovely way to end a day at MK.
This was very enjoyable
Poor kid. Really, if she had already tapped in and then were leaving anyway, they could have left and worked on the boarding groups from the bus or the room...
I never thought about that, can you leave? I guess you could since you tapped in!
This sounds lovely.
The breakfast was a very enjoyable meal

Happy to hear you made it on RotR and that it was as good as everyone says it is! I am not a SW fan, but the use of three different ride systems has me intrigued.

Between the 150.00 gift card from the DVC tour and the "free" dinner, you were really being smart with your Disney time. It always feels good to save a few dollars at WDW.
The ride is amazingly fun and I don’t think it matters if you are a big SW fan!
It was nice on the dining budget to have the extra money!

I have never noticed that! And that is what I love about Disney. Always something to notice!
It’s so fun finding new things!
There was! And you saw my pictures from the other weekend. I think it is finally all fixed. I think the belt must have rubbed down so low that it caused smoke.
Yes, poor PM, it is getting so much activity now with FP+, it’s wearing out!
Test Track being down was a bummer for sure. And I wish we were able to see Soarin over California before it had closed.
I wish we could choose!
I have always been tempted do one. Problem is I think I would want a location that isn't for official sale anymore. Well, that and the $$$$ down, of course.
The info was good to hear about and the perks for my time, well worth it
Right?!?! Maybe next time we will do the terrace one. We have been doing the post dessert party. And a drink or two will make it feel like a better deal.
This was so nice and I would do again!
Everyone getting there at park opening for get Rise is killing the Rope Drop benefit. It is basically gone right now.
It sure has!
That looks really good! But suprised they didn't put an egg with it.
It was good, not really a breakfast food!
need to make more of a point to get there right at 11:00 now and then.
It was so nice to go in before the WS opened
Yeah, I think imma need to do this.
The session is painless with good info about DVC ownership and the incentives worth it!
can't wait to ride it!
The ride is amazing and very immersive
Yeah, it's time for me to get one of those. I don't go out to eat anymore except the occasional DoorDash so I can pay off some debt, but I can see myself using it for Y&Y.
It really is worth having the Landry card even if you only use at Disney!
I think of the 2 I'd have gotten the Tikka. Looked really good!
I love the Tikka with the chicken, the Tofu is good but not my favorite
This is a HUGE issue for me. It's dangerous and I'm paying premium to eat there. I want a non-chaotic meal. End of story.
I can’t agree more!

SWGE does sound amazing......I’m sure Tom would love it......

Kobe burger gets such good reviews, looked good. We liked the yak and yeti, and yes, that cocktail looks fabulous!!

Enjoyed catching up again........and always enjoy your pictures.....love the dinosaur pose....... ::yes::
I think Tom would love the SW land, so much to see and the rides are really cool for SW fans!
We always for the most part have a great meal at Yak!
We love that Dinosaur 🦕 😂

YES! I agree! And I'd pick California most of the time, too
I would too! I love 💕 Soarin over California
Especially with little pressure, this is such a worth-while investment of your time! I've wanted to do this for years now, but never have gotten around to it. Maybe next time!
It was no pressure and I learned about DVC ownership! The GC and FP were the best part
What a pleasant evening! I love Yak & Yeti, but the rowdy kids would have definitely been distracting... good thing you had that drink to suck down
The drink helped with the rambunctious kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter