“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

The cutest characters ever! Part 2 of Day 3:

We checked in for breakfast and within 5 minutes the table was ready. Our table was close to the window and was a 2 topper. The view out the window was very nice.

Our waitress was very friendly, she reviewed the menu and gave us a few minutes to check it out. I ordered coffee and water. Andi had the famous POG juice. The waitress brought the drinks and we placed our orders. I picked the Wood-fired Butchers Steak, this was steak with polenta, tomatoes, onions, and wild mushrooms. It really wasn’t a typical breakfast entree. The description sounded good to me.
5412C8A7-D38E-4BA8-A1D6-F882938FDCC8.JPG
Andi decided on the vegan entree, this was a Wild Mushroom Scramble. It was spinach, plant based eggs, plant based sausage, and tomatoes. The eggs are made with a bean mixture.
D54701DC-3CE9-46B4-9196-3FE7AF2B0BC8.JPG
The pastries for the table came out for us. There were three dipping sauces, honey butter, house made jam and a Nutella spread. We skipped the nut based spread. The pastries included croissants, chocolate chip muffin and a firm baguette like bread. The croissants were the best and the bread was fine with the jam.
4CA02AC0-86F1-4C18-9718-21B5B33DB034.JPG
We enjoyed sampling these. Minnie came by first and she was so cute and nice! Spent a fair amount of time with us. She loved Andi’s saying on her shirt. It is a pocket tee and says Mickey knows a smile will always help when things get rough. Andi explained how this saying helped her everyday and Minnie loved this!
B2B4CE89-08F4-41EB-899B-AC4C4F71EDBA.JPG

0E8C243C-6780-4DEE-BC41-9CFAFBEEDB05.JPG
Mickey came by next and again so cute and friendly, we didn’t feel the rush you something get at character meals.
B4F9609C-5C82-4713-892B-599EE816A47C.JPG
We got our entrees around this time. I loved my steak and polenta, so tasty, the mushrooms were delicious! The only complaint I had was it could have been warmer. It was lukewarm. Andi’s was good for plant based food mimicking the real deal. :hyper: I really liked the spinach and sausage from her meal.
A dance party with the characters happens every so often and again so darn cute!!
Daisy came over to see us next, she had on the cutest dance outfit. She was so darling and nice!
4ACA282F-9DB0-4CA7-855D-266F04BD4235.JPG

D8FC88CC-C823-4588-B970-348E21F5AE3D.JPG
We did notice the restaurant was not very busy and I do think the characters liked this!
Donald came by last and again he was so cute and nice. He is a sculptor. This breakfast was very enjoyable. The staff were very friendly with a nice upbeat atmosphere.
2CF71CA1-81B3-49F0-8298-4FDE577CEC40.JPG
F8676E4E-5F73-47FF-9A22-C954819DB263.JPG

We paid the bill and headed back to DHS via the Skyliner. FP+ and a new ride at DHS, stay tuned!
Food cost for Topolino’s
$103.00 with tip, no discounts here, however, this was technically free with our resort credit we had. :love:

Last edited:
Hello neighbor, what part of Wisconsin? Andi is in Eau Claire and loves it there.
I am originally from Green Bay, but now live in Pleasant Prairie, which is on the other side of the State from Eau Claire. I am very familiar with the Twin Cities and Duluth though, since I was on a competitive swim team and we often traveled there. It is beautiful country!

I try to keep a $100.00 a day budget for food between the 2 of us. This works well for the most part and we eat when, where, and what we want each day!
That's what I was thinking of for Jack and I too. I budgeted a little higher for Bill and I at $150/day as we were enjoying drinks with our meals. Even though Jack is legal drinking age at home (it's 19 in Ontario) he won't be in Florida. So we will probably not have as many adult beverages on this trip.
7:00am came and Andi was able to get boarding group 45 for us, we were happy with this! Andi did figure out, don’t refresh!! It slows things down and the next two times we did this she got us excellent boarding groups!
Great tip! I will try to remember this for July. :)
We took the Skyliner for the first time and it was wonderful, we loved it, we had our own cab.
I love the Skyliner too!
We arrived at Riviera quickly and spent some time looking around this beautiful resort. The mosaic art was stunning. I didn’t get the best pictures. The lobby is amazing, very clean and white with marble all around. The grounds are also stunning. So green and lush with several pool areas and outside seating areas.
I really want to visit Riviera as well.
This breakfast was very enjoyable. The staff were very friendly with a nice upbeat atmosphere.
It looks fantastic!

I’m more of a Soarin over California fan myself.
Me too! I really wish they had both options available and you could choose which one you wanted!

After this, it was time for SE. We love this ride. I know it will be getting a refurb soon and it will be missed.
I'm really curious to see what updates they do. I hope they don't overhaul it too much, I love SE!

I way overpacked for this trip, a crime I am often guilty of!
:rotfl2:

I’m sure Andi was a galactic hero again, so predictable!
Totally! :laughing:

What a great breakfast at Topolino's by the looks of it! The characters were so cute! I especially loved Minnie's outfit!

Thanks for sharing your breakfast photos. The characters are so cute! It is fun to see them all dressed in different outfits.

I am so happy my dad did get to see each of his grandchildren graduate high school that was important to him!

What a great milestone to get to. I love that!

Perfection! No people in it behind you!

So cute!! Love this one!

I’m more of a Soarin over California fan myself.

Yup, me too. !00%

Of course, people next to us were using flash pictures ugh! So annoying!

I'm to the point now where I'm gonna call them out. "Please turn off your flash!"

We got to talking to him and before I knew it, I was setting up a tour to check out the new Riviera DVC.

Oopsies. LOL!

It was a good deal because Andi is over 18, we both would get $75.00 gift cards and 4 FP’s. The 4 FP’s a person was because we were staying at OKW, the flagship DVC resort. Normally it is 3 FP’s. I thought why not, an extra $150.00 dollars was awesome! We scheduled the tour for 3:30pm the next day. After this, it was time for SE. We love this ride. I know it will be getting a refurb soon and it will be missed.

I think it's time I did one of these. I won't buy in, but the $ and FiPs sure sound like a great deal!

We arrived at MK around 4pm, we used a FP from the room debacle for JC.

At least there was that. :)

It was right on the edge of the terrace and we had a great view for the show.

NICE!!

I know the price for the parties has increased now and alcohol is being served as of the beginning of February. I still would recommend this and the comfort of sitting down the entire time was so worth it for us. We probably will do this again when my sister D comes with us, she would love it!

I am being swayed to do this. I'm not a big dessert eater, but can see myself doing it for the comfort of not fighting the crowds and the savories for my dinner.

Andi tells me, my roommates and I call people, who are irritating to us, freak!:lmao:

That's a new one on me. I'll ask my teen...

$103.00 with tip, no discounts here, however, this was technically free with our resort credit we had. :love:
Don't you just LOVE Disney pixie dust?!

A little girl with her family was asking why are we standing here and what are we going to do this morning. The dad says, we are going back to the room to rest in half an hour. :sad2: The poor little girl was quite deflated and couldn’t understand why she had to come in the park so early for nothing!
Poor kid! I can only fathom when we finally get here and I a. have to get Casey up at 0'dark 30 and then b. tell her we are there early to stare at our phones. Like that little girl she'll just love us :P

A couple teenage boys kept repeating let’s do this freak, over and over. Andi and I found all the conversations entertaining. Andi tells me, my roommates and I call people, who are irritating to us, freak!:lmao:
I'm not sure I'll ever be able to try to get on ROTR without thinking about this. I was wondering where sweet Caroline's "freak" title had come from

I picked the Wood-fired Butchers Steak, this was steak with polenta, tomatoes, onions, and wild mushrooms. It really wasn’t a typical breakfast entree. The description sounded good to me.
5412C8A7-D38E-4BA8-A1D6-F882938FDCC8.JPG
That doesn't look very breakfasty but does look delicious. So excited to try Toppolino as I'm all for a new signature meal

First, did I know you'll be there in July? We're there the 3-9th so we overlap :-)
That's really cool you guy's got back he gift cards AND 4 FP's each for doing the tour! Steve has considered it before so looking forward to hearing what you thought.
We like House of Blues and I agree the characters at Toppolino's were great! Trying to decide if we want to take our granddaughter there in Sept.

OMG! Yes!
Such cute characters and I loved how they didn’t feel rushed.
That's what I was thinking of for Jack and I too. I budgeted a little higher for Bill and I at $150/day as we were enjoying drinks with our meals.
I really think it is doable and works for us! I’m so excited to hear about your trip with your son!
Great tip! I will try to remember this for July. :)
Yes don’t refresh go in right on the first page!
love the Skyliner too!
We really enjoyed it and I can see the plus of staying at a Skyliner resort now!
I really want to visit Riviera as well.
Yes, make time to check it out, it is awesome!
Ha! I cut off the quote, we did love the breakfast!
Me too! I really wish they had both options available and you could choose which one you wanted!
That would be so wonderful to pick Soarin over California or the world, I would pick California way more!
I'm really curious to see what updates they do. I hope they don't overhaul it too much, I love SE!
I hope it stays as awesome as it is now! It will be interesting
What a great breakfast at Topolino's by the looks of it! The characters were so cute! I especially loved Minnie's outfit!
They were so cute with the new outfits. Daisy with her tutu bless her like heart!
Your breakfast looks excellent! And the characters are super cute
I highly recommend checking it out, so enjoyable!

I am originally from Green Bay, but now live in Pleasant Prairie, which is on the other side of the State from Eau Claire. I am very familiar with the Twin Cities and Duluth though, since I was on a competitive swim team and we often traveled there. It is beautiful country!
Yes Duluth is beautiful but more so-in the warmer months, lol!!
Andi loves how close she is to Minneapolis now!

What a great milestone to get to. I love that!
It was, he was very proud of the grandchildren!
Perfection! No people in it behind you!
It was so nice to be in an empty World Showcase
So cute!! Love this one!
Thank you!!
I'm to the point now where I'm gonna call them out. "Please turn off your flash!"
I agree, very annoying, another girl was doing it the whole Gran Fiesta ride and Andi politely in Spanish told her to stop, 😂
think it's time I did one of these. I won't buy in, but the $ and FiPs sure sound like a great deal!
It was interesting 🤔 and worth the incentive
I am being swayed to do this. I'm not a big dessert eater, but can see myself doing it for the comfort of not fighting the crowds and the savories for my dinner.
I would highly recommend and we didn’t even have supper, just our lunch at House of Blues. The egg rolls are so good and the other savory options were yummy
s a new one on me. I'll ask my teen...
Who knows! I enjoyed calling all the annoying people Freak!! Haha
Don't you just LOVE Disney pixie dust?!
Yes this breakfast would have blown that days budget!
Poor kid! I can only fathom when we finally get here and I a. have to get Casey up at 0'dark 30 and then b. tell her we are there early to stare at our phones. Like that little girl she'll just love us
I did feel bad for the little ones, everyone has to be in the park for the boarding group! The ride is worth it!
I'm not sure I'll ever be able to try to get on ROTR without thinking about this. I was wondering where sweet Caroline's "freak" title had come from
It was funny, I don’t know where these young ones come up with changing our old words 🤣 I did enjoy calling the annoying people freaks!
That doesn't look very breakfasty but does look delicious. So excited to try Toppolino as I'm all for a new signature meal
It was so good. The pastries and coffee made it more like breakfast! I would recommend this breakfast!

First, did I know you'll be there in July? We're there the 3-9th so we overlap :-)
That's really cool you guy's got back he gift cards AND 4 FP's each for doing the tour! Steve has considered it before so looking forward to hearing what you thought.
We like House of Blues and I agree the characters at Toppolino's were great! Trying to decide if we want to take our granddaughter there in Sept.
I wish, it is Susan who will be there with her son, maybe you two can meet up for a hello 👋
Have you ever done the brunch at HoB I hear that is enjoyable
I think your granddaughter would love the characters, so stinking cute!!

Glad you got a boarding group and got to ride TSMM!

What an awesome breakfast! The characters are so cute in their outfits and I'm glad you didn't feel rushed!

I’m a little late, but following along! :wave:

The pastries for the table came out for us. There were three dipping sauces, honey butter, house made jam and a Nutella spread. We skipped the nut based spread. The pastries included croissants, chocolate chip muffin and a firm baguette like bread. The croissants were the best and the bread was fine with the jam.
View attachment 474338
We enjoyed sampling these. Minnie came by first and she was so cute and nice! Spent a fair amount of time with us. She loved Andi’s saying on her shirt. It is a pocket tee and says Mickey knows a smile will always help when things get rough. Andi explained how this saying helped her everyday and Minnie loved this!
View attachment 474336

View attachment 474337
Mickey came by next and again so cute and friendly, we didn’t feel the rush you something get at character meals.
View attachment 474341

The characters are cute! & I love the little dish the pastries came in with the little paint drip :love:

Our plan was HS by 6:30am
Early... but not stupid early.
We used the bus app and wouldn’t you know it, it wasn’t right, roll eyes!
Oh, no! :sad2:
We turned both phones totally off
Why? To make sure nothing was running in the background? Or...?
A little girl with her family was asking why are we standing here and what are we going to do this morning.
:laughing:
A couple teenage boys kept repeating let’s do this freak, over and over.
Ohhh...
This became our mantra this trip, can you believe we said Freak many times, lol!
:laughing: I used to say "Freak me out" when I was just a kid. So I was possibly ahead of the curve (by several decades).
7:00am came and Andi was able to get boarding group 45 for us, we were happy with this!
Nice! Yay!
Andi did figure out, don’t refresh!!
Oh really! That's the opposite of what I would've thought.
We went into TSL and could have rode SDD right away except we chose Andi’s favorite TSM! We walked on
Two statements I don't expect to hear.
You can hardly see the Porg on my arm, he blends right in.
I see it now! That's cool! :)
We went to try the single rider for Smugglers Run except it wasn’t open and the stand by was over 100 minutes already, what??
:eek: Nope!!!
We took the Skyliner for the first time and it was wonderful, we loved it, we had our own cab. There was a nice breeze coming in and smooth ride except for take off and landing had some mild bumpiness.
Nice! Sounds wonderful!
We arrived at Riviera quickly and spent some time looking around this beautiful resort.
I'd like to check it out soon. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!