• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Rope dropping” California Grill Lounge

iujen94

DIS Veteran
On my trip next week, I’m going to try CG for the first time. My plan is to get a seat in the Lounge as soon as it opens at 5. I’ve been around the CG check-in area before 5 and noticed folks lingering there - I assume waiting for the Lounge to open. Any suggestions on what time to arrive and start lingering to be sure I get a spot at the Lounge right at 5?

If you don't have a reservation, then it's first-come first-served. Waiting by the downstairs podium around 445 should be fine to get into the lounge.

I think most ppl there would have a reservation. Myself, I'd normally make an opening ADR for CG when it was my son and I. From what i've observed, most of the folks were there for the regular seating. Not too many folks were there for the lounge to be honest. Of course in life there are no guarantee's...but i think you should be fine. :)

I think most ppl there would have a reservation. Myself, I'd normally make an opening ADR for CG when it was my son and I. From what i've observed, most of the folks were there for the regular seating. Not too many folks were there for the lounge to be honest. Of course in life there are no guarantee's...but i think you should be fine. :)

There are no ADRs for the lounge.

OP--I expect some of the people you saw waiting were people who got there early for their tables at the main restaurant. The lounge does not get crowded when it first opens; it only gets crowded closer to fireworks time.

There are no ADRs for the lounge.

OP--I expect some of the people you saw waiting were people who got there early for their tables at the main restaurant. The lounge does not get crowded when it first opens; it only gets crowded closer to fireworks time.
Yes i know that. I believe thats what i was trying to say in my post. Most people there are for the regular seating (aka reservation). Now that i read my post again, i can see why you'd misinterpret what I said. So let me clarify once again, I believe most ppl are waiting around to check in for their ADR/reservation. At that hour there arent very many people waiting to get into the lounge. So OP @iujen94 , trust me i dont think you will have any issues at that hour for the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter