“Told you I did. Reckless is (s)he.” - November 2017 Trips - 12/30 Bonus - Magnolia (Italy Trip)

Dis_Yoda

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Table of Contents

Intro

Trip #1: November 2nd to 6th
Plan

November 2nd
Hanger Bar
Paddlefish

November 3rd
Thirsty River Bar
Tiffins
Il Mulino
Ample Hills Creamery

November 4th
Food & Wine Festival Booths
Parisian Afternoon
Room Service

November 5th
Food & Wine Booths
Le Cellier
Champagne Seminar
Food & Wine Booths

November 6th
No Food

Trip #2: November 13th to 17th

Festival of the Holidays

Trip #3: November 23rd to 26th

November 23rd
Bleu
Morimoto Asia - Omakase

November 24th
Highball & Harvest
Prime Time Cafe
Snacks
Citricos

November 25th
Highball & Harvest
Festival of the Holidays
Chefs de France

November 26th
No Food

Trip #4: November 30th to December 3rd
St Jude Marathon Weekend

Bonus Content:
L'Olivo - 2 Michelin Star - Anacapri
Magnolia - 1 Michelin Star - Rome

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
Introduction

gMePBAm.png

Dis_Yoda

GA4dOeZ.jpg

Mr. Dis_Yoda

I’m back! The next 5 weeks are going to be a very busy time for Dis_Yoda...let’s just look at my travel schedule…

November 2nd to 6th - Walt Disney World w/ Mr. Dis_Yoda for Wine & Dine Race Weekend + Food & Wine Festival

November 13th to 17th - Southern California for Work (possibly a visit to Disneyland in the evening for dinner a night or two)

November 23rd to 26th - Walt Disney World w/ Mother for Thanksgiving (staying off site at the Ritz Carlton)

November 30th to December 3rd - Memphis, Tennessee for St Jude Marathon Weekend (I’m running the half) with three of my Disboard Running Friends (@tankgirl427, @acwinsett, Carol)

This on top of 5 different customer visits during these 5 weeks while handling my normal job duties. I’m exhausted just thinking about all this!

Oh, and I'm undertrained for the races.​

Wine & Dine Plan

We leave tomorrow for Wine & Dine Weekend!

November 2nd, 2017

10:00AM - Leave Work
2:00PM - Arrive @ Wine & Dine Expo
4:00PM - Arrive @ Boardwalk Villas
6:00PM - Dinner at Paddlefish

November 3rd, 2017

Animal Kingdom: 9AM - 8PM

9:05AM - Avatar Flight of Passage FP+
10:10AM - Kilimanjaro Safaris FP+
11:15AM - Expedition Everest FP+
12:00PM - Tiffins Lunch
5:15PM - Il Mulino Dinner

Saturday, November 4th, 2017

Hollywood Studios - 9AM to 8PM
EPCOT - 9AM to 10PM

3:00AM - Wake Up
3:30AM - Buses to Start Line
5:30AM - 10K Starts
8:00AM - Back to Hotel Post 10K
9:15AM - Star Tours FP+
10:15AM - Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster FP+
1:30PM - The Parisian Afternoon
5:15PM - Flying Fish DInner

November 5th, 2017
EPCOT 9AM - 9PM

3:00AM - Wake Up
3:30AM - Buses to Start Line
5:30AM - Half Marathon Starts
8:30AM - Shaun Returns from Half Marathon
11:15AM - Le Cellier Steakhouse
12:05PM - Soarin’ FP+
1:30PM - Champagne Seminar
2:00PM - Spaceship Earth FP+
3:15PM - Living with the Land FP+
***somewhere in the middle - switch between view types****
6:00PM - Tokyo Dining
Wine & Dine After Party?

November 6th, 2017
Magic Kingdom 8AM - 9PM

8:15AM - Peter Pan FP+
9:25AM - Haunted Mansion FP+
10:35AM - Pirates FP+

Somewhere in there there will be booths and drinks and other fun things. As always, plans could change.​

I’m joining in, love your reports. I will be at WDW at Thanksgiving also! 11/21-11/27. It does sound very busy,Happy travels.

I'm here - hope you are having a fantastic trip! Are you running this weekend? How's your ankle?

Following along!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!
Super excited for a new report! :mickeyjum

Yay! I'm happy to be traveling to Disney again to provide a new report. It was weird traveling where I didn't have a board to post all about the wonderful things that happened when we traveled to Italy!

Yay!!! I hope to see you this weekend!!!

I hope to see you too! Hopefully tomorrow either at the meet up or at the after party!

Can’t wait to read about your dining.

Can't wait to enjoy it all!

I’m joining in, love your reports. I will be at WDW at Thanksgiving also! 11/21-11/27. It does sound very busy,Happy travels.

Yay for Thanksgiving at Disney! Where are you eating your Thanksgiving dinner? We're going to eat at the nicer restaurant at the Ritz I think. I guess I should figure out those trip plans so I know what my mother planned!

Always love seeing your reports!

Thank you <3.

I'm here lurking. I love your trip and dining reports!

Always great to have a lucker join in! Glad you enjoy them :).

I'm here - hope you are having a fantastic trip! Are you running this weekend? How's your ankle?

Yay! Welcome! I ran the 10K this weekend. My husband ran the 10K and is running the half tomorrow. My ankle survived its first race post surgery! Was slower than I wanted to be but at least I finished. We also probably shouldn't have done two parks afterwards but oh well! At least I'm not running the half tomorrow.

Joining!!

Welcome!

Hanger Bar

I left work a little after 10AM. Glad I didn’t take the full day off as we had a mandatory meeting at 9:15AM which didn’t give anyone very good news. Longer hours, no more every other Friday starting next week, expect to work Thanksgiving Weekend and Christmas...all thanks to Irma. Guess they wanted to wait for us all to feel better recovered before springing that news on us. The feedback around the room was not a happy one!

VTm25NN.jpg

Dog ready to head to camp!

Leaving at the time we did meant we avoided a lot of traffic on I-75 and I-4 which means we made great time - 2.5 hours of driving time! Yay! After we got onto I-4 - we received the text message that our room was ready - which is rare to get it that early with DVC. We had no room requests but were given the top floor at the very end of the hallway. The only complaint I have about the room location is that after a race - that hallway feels soooo loonnnggg!!! As we went through the gates - we headed to Wide World of Sports for Bib Pick Up and Expo time. We got through all of that quick (like 45 minutes) and headed to the resort to settle in. Cheap expo visit for us as I just bought a shirt and a skirt.

txdFDSD.jpg

qeT1mq4.jpg

8Dr5hhM.jpg

YjUDdGt.jpg
9G9aqRD.jpg

View from Room

Once we relaxed for a few minutes, we headed to Disney Springs for some shopping, drinks and eventually dinner! We picked tsumtsums, some new legos (no $800 lego set for me :( ) and then went to the Hanger. We took a seat at a table and eventually a server visited us. I totally think he forgot to put our order in because of how long it took to get our drinks as the server looked at my unhappy face and ran to the register. (Pineapple cider for Mr. Dis_Yoda and Cool-headed Monkey for me) Once we did get our drinks, we were happy! Can’t go wrong with rum and watermelon juice! Yum! I had planned on actually buying the mug but the server never gave me the option so guess I’ll have to go back for that!

YtPzJXK.jpg

I want these fans

zsNd2ER.jpg

Cool-headed Monkey - Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon and Pineapple Juice

Thanks for clueing me in! Will come back and read bt at least I'm subbed in here!

I really love the concept and beverages at Hanger Bar, but seriously the service leaves a lot to be desired :(
That room looks really nice!

Bummer about all the extra work hours.

We are breaking tradition and spending Thanksgiving evening at AK and eating at a favorite of ours Yak and Yeti!

Glad you enjoyed your drinks once you got them!

Sorry to hear the work news- hope it doesn’t mess up any of your plans. I still haven’t tried Hangar Bar! That watermelon drink sounds delightful. So many great spots in Disney Springs now with more places under construction.

Boo to your work for bad news all around. But gals you made good time to Disney!

Fran really liked the Cool Headed Monkey and it is a cool mug. Too bad your server was inept.

Following along. Went to Hangar Bar last Oct. liked the atmosphere and want to go back on next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!