Delete Thread

So I've really only considered that we're at a 50's drive in and they're showing lots of sci-fi themed movie previews/clips? And so the theme of the restaurant goes with the movie clips? LOL that's too much to think about!!!
(I'm glad Josh is sleeping right now because he snickers every time I say the name :rotfl:).
Um, I always snicker when I or someone else says Ample Hills, too :D

I decided to get the ooey gooey butter cake, and the dark chocolate
Exactly the 2 flavors I had the one time we got Ample Hills :D I also liked the dark chocolate better. I was thinking we'd get it again in Sept. since we were originally staying at the BWI but now that we've switched to the GF, I guess we have to wait. I like it; I like the No Way Jose at Beaches and Cream better but it's nice walking around the BW with Ample Hills :D ice cream

How have I and my ample hills never thought of this :P
What??? I'm surprised and disappointed this hasn't crossed your not completely clean mind.

So I've really only considered that we're at a 50's drive in and they're showing lots of sci-fi themed movie previews/clips? And so the theme of the restaurant goes with the movie clips? LOL that's too much to think about!!!

I started thinking about it and now I agree lol too much space/time travel to think about.

Um, I always snicker when I or someone else says Ample Hills, too :D

We also crack up at Honk Honkers in Universal :lmao:

What??? I'm surprised and disappointed this hasn't crossed your not completely clean mind.

@kastoney is innocent, don't corrupt her with your dirty mind :rotfl:

Sci Fi is great for the theming we always laugh at the film clips
The food however has been so so for us
Looking forward to trying Ample Hills and I’ll remember to ask about sizes :D

Ok, I am catching up... On your Shula's Review:

12 oz Filet Mignon with Bernaise sauce

txaib1Wl.jpg
YUM!

I was actually very disappointed this time although the other time I got it was at a different Shula's. It was very dry, and not cheesy at all.
Why are these places not making things cheesy!! Give me the cheese!!!

The title of this post comes from something that happened around this time. Josh was almost done, and got up to use the bathroom. He said to make sure no one took his dish away :rotfl:

udkPCJz.gif
Too funny. I would have yelled Don't touch it!

In answer to the question in the post title I'd say I still think Boma is the best breakfast buffet. I've actually heard this buffet was better than Boma from some, but I didn't think that was true. I'm not really interested in going back to The Wave, but I definitely want to go back to Boma sometime soon!
Sorry that the Wave didn't live up to your expectations..

giphy-7-gif.339203

I think we can all relate to Rolly sometimes ::yes::
I feel that right now! Trying to be good this week.

I don't think he ate very many if any at all. I do remember them telling him the butter was safe, but the garlic was stored near or with stuff containing gluten so it was kind of an "eat it at your own risk" type thing. He didn't have any of the garlic.
Is he that allergic?

Truffle Macaroni & Cheese
Orecchiette Pasta, smoked gouda, sweet peppers, spinach

vGVyykhl.jpg
That looks gooier! Yum.

I don't know if it was because Josh was GF, but I wasn't given a choice of bread types? I got 2, and he got 3 GF ones that I just assume we're plain.
maybe they forgot with all the talk of gluten free. The garlic one, was not my favorite. I really like the green one. I have no idea what the name of it is. But try it next time.

Looks like another amazing meal at Sanaa! Funny in all our time going there I've never tried the butter chicken. The chickpeas and shrimp are my favorite and I can never tear myself away from them. Good to know you can get double meat though I'm not sure I could give up the veggies.

We had time to explore a little bit. Look here's an orloni :rotfl:
:rotfl: I missed that that was the name of those! I really want to watch those again after this update and your TR update with the meet and greet.
Josh got the same thing but subbed in the chickpea wat and did double meats so he could try the braised beef too. We did have a little trouble ordering the double meat potjie as the waitress didn't seem to realize that we knew it would cost more and got a little snippy. She told us we couldn't do double meat, and then we said could we for a couple dollars more. (Since I had read on the boards they do double meat for an additional fee). She then told us if we were willing to pay then yes they could :confused: Of course we were willing to pay.
Whatttttt.... like the only question here should be, that will be an additional charge, is that okay? The end. It's nice when they give you a heads up that something will be an additional charge, but why argue if someone wants to pay more?
It was a lot more food than he realized so he didn't finish it all which is why I think we should just do the double meat between the two of us next time since the butter chicken is what we really come there for anyway.
That does look like a lot of food! I like that idea. I really want to go to Sanaa, mainly for the bread service, because #priorities :rotfl: but I'm torn on the meals. I've had butter chicken once and enjoyed it, so I'd probably get that, but I always look at the the Harvest section and think...uh no thanks? I could really get into doing double meat and splitting with Zack. What's the extra charge?

I really would like to try Sanaa (and Jiko), but my two problems are my hesitation when reading the menu, and trying to convince Zack to leave AK when they have Tiffins :laughing: I have an ADR booked at Jiko in case we go down there Labor Day weekend, which I am STILL debating even though it's crazy close now...

maybe they forgot with all the talk of gluten free. The garlic one, was not my favorite. I really like the green one. I have no idea what the name of it is. But try it next time.

I think that might've been it. I'll keep that in mind for next time, I plan to ask about the different types!

Looks like another amazing meal at Sanaa! Funny in all our time going there I've never tried the butter chicken. The chickpeas and shrimp are my favorite and I can never tear myself away from them. Good to know you can get double meat though I'm not sure I could give up the veggies.

I totally stick with my favorites too. You get a veggie with the double meat as well, at least that's what they said to us.

:rotfl: I missed that that was the name of those! I really want to watch those again after this update and your TR update with the meet and greet.

You should they're the best!

Whatttttt.... like the only question here should be, that will be an additional charge, is that okay? The end. It's nice when they give you a heads up that something will be an additional charge, but why argue if someone wants to pay more?

Exactly :rotfl:

That does look like a lot of food! I like that idea. I really want to go to Sanaa, mainly for the bread service, because #priorities :rotfl: but I'm torn on the meals. I've had butter chicken once and enjoyed it, so I'd probably get that, but I always look at the the Harvest section and think...uh no thanks? I could really get into doing double meat and splitting with Zack. What's the extra charge?

I really would like to try Sanaa (and Jiko), but my two problems are my hesitation when reading the menu, and trying to convince Zack to leave AK when they have Tiffins :laughing: I have an ADR booked at Jiko in case we go down there Labor Day weekend, which I am STILL debating even though it's crazy close now...

It is a lot of food. After we ordered the bread I was like what have we done, how will we eat dinner? :rotfl: I feel the same way about the Harvest section I got one just to try it and wasn't a fan. The extra charge was only like $3-5 I think. Way cheaper than doing 2 separate ones especially because it is a ton of food.

Another trip? You go girl :thumbsup2 I'm kind of a picky eater myself, and I liked Sanaa and Jiko if that helps.

We love the Sanaa butter chicken! Your meal looked yummy :)

:thumbsup2

I have never NOT ordered the butter chicken at Sanaa, love it!

Ordering the bread service is a rule, much like you MUST post safari pics in a TR every single time you ride it, every trip, every TR :rotfl2:

Yes it's so good!

Agreed :rotfl:

Luke and I always share the Potje with double meat. I believe it’s an extra $11 to have two meats and one vegetable?

I love the chickpea wat, so delicious! I’ve never liked paneer, so I’ve never tried the one at Saana.

The butter chicken there is delicious!

Ps: I read this review and it made me hungry for Indian food, so I ran to one of my favourite places for lunch haha. Mmm, butter chicken!

Umm...it saved my quotes BACKWARD?? why??

We only ran into a little snag getting back. The location on Uber pinged us at Jambo instead of Kidani

I think this happens a lot...our driver from Movies to Kidani didn't know what Kidani Village was, had never been there before. I wonder if a bunch of people give up and just take the shuttle from Jambo, and the ubers never learn?? :rotfl:

For dessert I got:

Kheer

Coconut-Rice Pudding with Cashew Streusel and Saffron-poached Fruit

Ruf3Xaml.jpg

Yum! I've never thought about dessert here, but this looks good

I love the butter chicken here. I think it's tender and delicious. I really like the sauce too. I know it's probably not as spicy as it should be, but I'm not a big fan of spicy anyway. I decided to try the paneer tikki, but I wasn't a fan of that.

My previous favorite here was the tandoori chicken open faced sandwich (on the lunch menu, the tandoori chicken is - or at least was - different at dinner), but now I dream about the butter chicken!! (I never did find that sauce you guys found at the grocery store! I still have one more place to check)

I don't like the paneer tikka either. I wish they'd just bring me the chicken and the rice!

For an appetizer we couldn't resist getting:

Indian-style Bread Service

One of the greatest food options of all time, ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter