Delete Thread

I just posted my review of Sanaa, and my Kheer (which he didn't specify it was Kheer, he just said coconut rice pudding) Basically mine was the pudding with some fruit. Now I'm wondering what I really got :)

I think this happens a lot...our driver from Movies to Kidani didn't know what Kidani Village was, had never been there before. I wonder if a bunch of people give up and just take the shuttle from Jambo, and the ubers never learn?? :rotfl:

I think it might be because they're so close together, it pings it all as one location. I don't think everyone knows they're 2 separate sections of the hotel either. The weird thing about Ubering around property is that the drivers never seem familiar with the area. I would think if they drove in the area, a lot of their fares would be at Disney so eventually they'd figure out how to get around but maybe it's a combo of relying on GPS/not always driving there/constant construction.

Yum! I've never thought about dessert here, but this looks good

I know I barely made it to dessert :rotfl:

My previous favorite here was the tandoori chicken open faced sandwich (on the lunch menu, the tandoori chicken is - or at least was - different at dinner), but now I dream about the butter chicken!! (I never did find that sauce you guys found at the grocery store! I still have one more place to check)

I've wanted to try that too, but I love the butter chicken. As a last resort they do have it on Amazon I think.

I just posted my review of Sanaa, and my Kheer (which he didn't specify it was Kheer, he just said coconut rice pudding) Basically mine was the pudding with some fruit. Now I'm wondering what I really got :)

Hm, maybe they do different types of kheer? The one I got was whatever was described on the menu.

Edit: I just looked at your DTR, and I think it was probably due to your allergy that it was different. I think the kheer is the rice pudding itself, and the rest was just toppings. I'm guessing the streusel and maybe even the mango sauce wasn't GF, so they were able to give you the coconut rice pudding itself with some fruit. Underneath my rice pudding looked pretty much the same, it was just covered in toppings in the picture.

We have like no places with poutine, bread pudding, Southern food, etc.
We don't either! And I feel that even more sadly, Lincoln is getting lots of new local places! And some smaller unique chain places too, that put a big emphasis on local stuff even though it's a chain. And we have mostly junk around us here, in a place that is a million times bigger than Lincoln.
But for $30, and I could barely finish 1/3 of this I did feel a little bit like it was a waste.

When I typed in "waste gif" this was the only thing that wasn't about garbage:

giphy-1-gif.343853
:rotfl:
We were just talking about this the other night. Like I always feel bad even on vacation spending a lot on food and not eating it all - so I either feel bad that I leave a bunch, or I eat too much and feel sick. At home I least I can take the leftovers easily! Though the times we've had a late dinner at Homecoming I've taken the rest of my food home, and I eat the biscuits the next morning :rotfl: Zack gets all grossed out - the guy who will eat ANYTHING starting at 8am gets weirded out because I eat the leftover biscuits from the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits :confused3

Josh liked his too, but thought the mashed potatoes were too rich and buttery :rotfl:
Pshhh, that's what makes them delicious!
(Next month actually for brunch!)
giphy.gif

too rich and buttery :rotfl:

there is no such thing!!

We all want to go back to Homecomin' but none of us want to make the trip to Disney Springs :rotfl: So we just sit around and complain about not getting to eat there, LOL.

Yum, I love Homecomin’! They are lacking a bit with GF options, but I’m glad Josh is always able to find something!

"too rich and buttery" - isn't that how it is supposed to be? Oh Josh!

Looks liek a great dinner!

I'm glad you keep getting good mac n cheese there, because I can't forget how dried up ours was! Unfortunately I think that and the fact that our entrees were just "eh" will keep us from going back. I'd be willing to try one more time but Steve has no interest.

These look amazing. I think these are one of my favorite foods and these look like perfection. Would it be weird to make a reservation here just for these?

MJ8Iczcl.jpg

Josh liked his too, but thought the mashed potatoes were too rich and buttery :rotfl:
This looks good. It's funny he didn't like the potatoes because they are too rich and buttery because I was going to comment how delicious they look for those exact reasons.

I’m a weirdo who takes pictures of all my receipts haha
I had to comment, but I save mine and put them in a google doc spreadsheet on my phone during downtime throughout the trip to see where we are on budget...

I swear I made people around us uncomfortable when we sat down and I pulled out a stack from F&W booths, and Arts festival booths, and started adding them up :rotfl:

I can't wait to try Saana in October…we were thinking bout get ALL 9 accompaniments!

That's funny about your Uber, the one and only time I've ever Ubered was this past April. I needed to get from BLT to DHS to meet the family and the guy went to the CR instead. No big deal, but I ended up having to run over there and I was in a rush already.

Can't wait to get back to Homecomin"! It's literally Mike's favorite restaurant. We don't have any of that yummy Southern food here, either :sad1:

ME11b91.gif

A+ gif selection here! :laughing:

I got the same thing as you at Homecomin' and also felt like it was too much, even for the price, but all so delicious anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter