•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I am quite late in reporting but we had a wonderful three night stay in a cabin in September. The cabin was awesome. We had an accessible cabin which was located in the Southern set of cabins. There are so many bells and whistles in the cabin. Loved the peaceful view of Bay Lake, the fireplace with adjustable colors :), the automatic blinds, tons of storage, etc.. One time a pontoon boat was not too far off shore. A patrol boat came along and asked them to move because the water was too shallow in spots. We had a great view of the Electric Water Pageant which is an old family favorite from our family vacations in the 80s and 90s.

After our stay at the cabins we sailed on the Fantasy and then had a 2 BR at BLT for four more nights. It was a great vacation in every way. We return to the cabins for three more nights in early December after a week at BCV. Really looking forward to it but I suspect it will be our last stay as I doubt we will add on. Congratulations to owners....it is a lovely resort.

I am quite late in reporting but we had a wonderful three night stay in a cabin in September. The cabin was awesome. We had an accessible cabin which was located in the Southern set of cabins. There are so many bells and whistles in the cabin. Loved the peaceful view of Bay Lake, the fireplace with adjustable colors :), the automatic blinds, tons of storage, etc.. One time a pontoon boat was not too far off shore. A patrol boat came along and asked them to move because the water was too shallow in spots. We had a great view of the Electric Water Pageant which is an old family favorite from our family vacations in the 80s and 90s.

After our stay at the cabins we sailed on the Fantasy and then had a 2 BR at BLT for four more nights. It was a great vacation in every way. We return to the cabins for three more nights in early December after a week at BCV. Really looking forward to it but I suspect it will be our last stay as I doubt we will add on. Congratulations to owners....it is a lovely resort.
Awesome vacation and thanks for the review. Which cabin did you have? How was the walk to the main building? Any negatives?

Thanks

Sounds like you guys had a great trip!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Hello. I am not an owner, but I rented points and am staying at CCV July 1-5, 2018. My question is around the studios. I would like a high floor (though not the top one with obstructed view) with a lake view. From the room maps, it looks like studios are pretty much on the ground floor or by elevators. Am I reading the map wrong? Any suggestions for a room request? Thank you!

Hello. I am not an owner, but I rented points and am staying at CCV July 1-5, 2018. My question is around the studios. I would like a high floor (though not the top one with obstructed view) with a lake view. From the room maps, it looks like studios are pretty much on the ground floor or by elevators. Am I reading the map wrong? Any suggestions for a room request? Thank you!
Hello! Congratulations on your upcoming CCV stay. You have read the map correctly as we understand it. Remember that you might be able to get a studio room that is part of a 2 bedroom lockoff, as indicated by the dashed lines. With your limitation of not wanting an enclosed balcony (which means you don't want to be on the top floor in any section), my choice would be room 4103 or 5103, which you could request with "4th or 5th floor" and "open to lobby". These are considered "bear face rooms" and have great views, despite being further from the lake. They open to the lobby on the door side though, so you can get some noise from WCC and since there are only two of them in CCV they can be hard to get. Besides those, you would probably do well with an x119, x122, or x123 room, since they are on the North side of the wing and will have a better view of Bay lake. Another good option is an alternate studio lockoff like x115. These will have the best lake view, as their balconies face East towards the lake and they are further from having the rest of the wing blocking your view.
If you were not concerned about having an enclosed balcony, room 6135 would be a nice option since it is very near the lake above Geyser point. Any time you are requesting a single room though your chances of having your request met are pretty slim, and there isn't another studio in the general area. I would emphasize high floor as my first request, and then consider additional location options. Happy planning and have a great trip.

staying in a copper creek cabin for 6 nights around NYE. surprising my kids with a trip for christmas :)
Awesome, what a great trip that will be. We'll be in the Bungalows that week

Hello! Congratulations on your upcoming CCV stay. You have read the map correctly as we understand it. Remember that you might be able to get a studio room that is part of a 2 bedroom lockoff, as indicated by the dashed lines. With your limitation of not wanting an enclosed balcony (which means you don't want to be on the top floor in any section), my choice would be room 4103 or 5103, which you could request with "4th or 5th floor" and "open to lobby". These are considered "bear face rooms" and have great views, despite being further from the lake. They open to the lobby on the door side though, so you can get some noise from WCC and since there are only two of them in CCV they can be hard to get. Besides those, you would probably do well with an x119, x122, or x123 room, since they are on the North side of the wing and will have a better view of Bay lake. Another good option is an alternate studio lockoff like x115. These will have the best lake view, as their balconies face East towards the lake and they are further from having the rest of the wing blocking your view.
If you were not concerned about having an enclosed balcony, room 6135 would be a nice option since it is very near the lake above Geyser point. Any time you are requesting a single room though your chances of having your request met are pretty slim, and there isn't another studio in the general area. I would emphasize high floor as my first request, and then consider additional location options. Happy planning and have a great trip.
Grand - do you know how many studios, 1BR's, 2 BR's and 3 BR's there are at this resort?

Grand - do you know how many studios, 1BR's, 2 BR's and 3 BR's there are at this resort?
Yes, from the published DVC documents we have the totals.
IMG_1078.JPG

I used these to verify the totals with my floorplans, and the totals work out. There are other possible solutions as well, but I think we're really close.

Quite the reversal of the Polynesian Resort that only has studios
It is especially interesting considering that all the rooms in the main building were originally studio sized. They did a lot of work to completely reconfigure most of the floors.

We checked in late this afternoon and we love our room view, Room 5133, a 1BR villa. My only request was upper floor, this is 5th floor. It is WAY down the end. We saw the Electrical pageant, the MK fireworks, and I think we will be able to see the geyser, looking to the right. The main pool is directly in front of us. Will take photos and try to post the room view.

I cannot imagine a better view. I guess on the other side you see the new pool? We need to move up to a 2BR on Wednesday, I hope room view is as nice as this one.

We checked in late this afternoon and we love our room view, Room 5133, a 1BR villa. My only request was upper floor, this is 5th floor. It is WAY down the end. We saw the Electrical pageant, the MK fireworks, and I think we will be able to see the geyser, looking to the right. The main pool is directly in front of us. Will take photos and try to post the room view.

I cannot imagine a better view. I guess on the other side you see the new pool? We need to move up to a 2BR on Wednesday, I hope room view is as nice as this one.
Glad to hear it. Please post room and view pics ASAP!

Sounds like a great room!!! Please share your room views with us! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

This is my first time seeing this thread! We own at CCVC (purchased in March 2017 with a December UY) via an add-on to our resale VWL points. We obviously love the resort and are looking forward to our first stay in a cabin in January (we are waitlisted for a Studio for our December trip - fingers crossed!)

We'll be visiting WDW starting Friday and have plans to walk the CC grounds on Sunday Morning. We're not staying there this time but want to see everything now that its open

This is my first time seeing this thread! We own at CCVC (purchased in March 2017 with a December UY) via an add-on to our resale VWL points. We obviously love the resort and are looking forward to our first stay in a cabin in January (we are waitlisted for a Studio for our December trip - fingers crossed!)
Welcome! Since you are an avid WL DVC person I think you will find it quite enjoyable here. My fingers are crossed for you getting a studio in December, and I know you'll love the cabin.

We'll be visiting WDW starting Friday and have plans to walk the CC grounds on Sunday Morning. We're not staying there this time but want to see everything now that its open
I think you will be impressed. We sure were when we first got to see it all done after being there during the construction in September 2016. We love how it all came together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter