•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Hey everyone! I had to cancel a March reservation but was able to use the points and add three more days onto our thanksgiving week trip. We'll be in CCV for our first time in our home resort for Thanksgiving - 8 days in a 1 bedroom and I'm SO EXCITEDDDD.
It's great to have something to look forward to.

I've never been to Disney for Thanksgiving and I've never stayed at Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek. The one bedroom looks lovely as well.

I'm wavering between wanting to do the parks and wanting to just do resort time and checking out other resorts because the Christmas decorations will be up and I don't know if I want to be in huge crowds just yet but we'll see.

Having something to look forward to and plan for is like therapy for me right now :)

I’ve spent a few Thanksgiving’s at the Lodge, and I can’t even begin to tell you how beautiful it is! The atmosphere is so peaceful, yet cheerful!! I’ll post some pictures from 2018. Hope you have a great time!!

68D6BF41-C9CC-4FE2-AD31-0488444ABD4E.jpeg

2B4F2C79-E1EC-4ACC-8C87-BAC720AA0537.jpeg

EDF119B3-1309-47F4-A00A-4A6379175AC6.jpeg

97B28A21-153E-47BD-AA99-F64E083B9CA2.jpeg

I’ve spent a few Thanksgiving’s at the Lodge, and I can’t even begin to tell you how beautiful it is! The atmosphere is so peaceful, yet cheerful!! I’ll post some pictures from 2018. Hope you have a great time!!

View attachment 485014

View attachment 485018

View attachment 485015

View attachment 485017

oh my goodnessss!!! that tree is SO BEAUTIFUL!! the resort is so pretty - I forget every time and then I see pictures and I remember again - I also love that everything is under one roof for the most part. We were in the poly last december and dont get me wrong - we LOVE polynesian - but you're walking everywhere for everything.

oh my goodnessss!!! that tree is SO BEAUTIFUL!! the resort is so pretty - I forget every time and then I see pictures and I remember again - I also love that everything is under one roof for the most part. We were in the poly last december and dont get me wrong - we LOVE polynesian - but you're walking everywhere for everything.

I love Poly too - just not during the Christmas season. (Unless you like hearing about a Tiki bringing you presents repeatedly 😂) It just doesn’t have the same Christmas spirit as WL and GF (in my opinion.)

I love Poly too - just not during the Christmas season. (Unless you like hearing about a Tiki bringing you presents repeatedly 😂) It just doesn’t have the same Christmas spirit as WL and GF (in my opinion.)

OMG you are so right!! It's definitely pretty but not traditionally christmas - I also love that you can see the electrical water pagaent from WL - at Geiser Point right? That's probably my favorite part of the night each night at Poly - just hearing that silly weird music play for some reason and the floats go by, I just couldnt stop smiling.

OMG you are so right!! It's definitely pretty but not traditionally christmas - I also love that you can see the electrical water pagaent from WL - at Geiser Point right? That's probably my favorite part of the night each night at Poly - just hearing that silly weird music play for some reason and the floats go by, I just couldnt stop smiling.

Yes! Right along the water are tables and chairs or a stone ledge where you can sit. You can also see it from some water view or courtyard view rooms!!

Hey everyone! I had to cancel a March reservation but was able to use the points and add three more days onto our thanksgiving week trip. We'll be in CCV for our first time in our home resort for Thanksgiving - 8 days in a 1 bedroom and I'm SO EXCITEDDDD.
It's great to have something to look forward to.

I've never been to Disney for Thanksgiving and I've never stayed at Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek. The one bedroom looks lovely as well.

I'm wavering between wanting to do the parks and wanting to just do resort time and checking out other resorts because the Christmas decorations will be up and I don't know if I want to be in huge crowds just yet but we'll see.

Having something to look forward to and plan for is like therapy for me right now :)

One of my favorite things is walking back home into the WL lobby every day after going out. So relaxing! I say take time to do both parks and resort time! Going in knowing it will be busy and just taking time to soak in the decoration everywhere will definitely help for a good time. We scheduled a meal at the resorts we wanted to see decorations at and it was a lot of fun.

I knew getting 2 studios for May 2020 was to good to be true. While Disney hasn't cancelled it yet, I am sure it is only a matter of time.

The problem for us, even with our December ressie, is how is Disney going to reopen? We know there is a second cycle to come, most likely fall. No vaccine will be ready. The virus is not going away. What kind of trip would it be even if the resorts and some attractions are open? We are high risk ( age and health conditions) so we are probably foregoing this December trip. We have time to cancel so still watching and waiting.

Added on 200 more points back in February, bringing us to 300 total. Our use year is in March, and they still gave us 200 banked points from 2019 since we were 6 days from switching into the 2020 use year. We scrambled to figure out how to use these points since they will expire if we didn't use them. We cancelled all our 2020 reservations and rebooked with 2019 points instead of 2020 points, and then booked a few nights at the grand Californian to bring us to using 200 exactly. Since we'll be banking our 2020 points into 2021, we decided next year to stay a week in the cabins! Really excited!!

I’m still holding onto our summer and fall vacations. Just hoping for the best. After all this being stuck at home 24-7, a vacation would be much needed!!!
I feel the same way! We decided last week to book a mid-August vacation after cancelling May, November, and Christmas. I was shocked to find a two bedroom at CCV on Sunday morning to replace my OKW reservation. I haven’t been to WL in 25 years so I’m hoping to be able to go!

So we decided to change our June 13-20 trip to Dec 17-23rd but we're now on a waitlist for CCV in a 2br villa - has anyone had a WL come through for CCV? I know it's a smaller DVC resort and my chances are slim but I'm holding my breath! My 7-month booking window for an alternate DVC resort isn't for another 5 weeks...ugh!

I'm just glad we were able to re-book our trip!

So we decided to change our June 13-20 trip to Dec 17-23rd but we're now on a waitlist for CCV in a 2br villa - has anyone had a WL come through for CCV? I know it's a smaller DVC resort and my chances are slim but I'm holding my breath! My 7-month booking window for an alternate DVC resort isn't for another 5 weeks...ugh!

I'm just glad we were able to re-book our trip!

I decided to add one day to our late October trip for a 2 bedroom villa. Now Oct 24th thru Nov 2nd. I had the room waitlisted. Weird thing is that I kept checking the room availability myself and after about a week I found the room was available, but my waitlist still showed as waitlisted. Did you try to waitlist your entire week as one waitlist or did you break it up in 3 or 4 day increments? I would think that would be a hard week to get a full week to come through but you never know what can happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!