•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I was curious if any of the regulars on this group have tried the CC pull out sofa beds yet? If so, are they comfortable for a week stay for adults, or children only? The couch from the videos I've watched look decent.

I slept on it for 3 nights, but see note below as I was not directly on it during the night. I don't think it would be all that comfortable for anyone, to be honest.

You can feel the cross bars through the VERY THIN mattress. Lying on my side only lasted very briefly because inevitably one of the cross bars would be at a pressure point making it really uncomfortable to continue lying that way. Lying on one's back it was easier to move a bit to get the cross bar to hit somewhere else less uncomfortable.

I was fortunate that I sleep on a travel wedge so not directly on the bed; the only time I slept on the bed proper was when I fell asleep for a nap. But even sitting on the thing you had to be careful how you sat and I often had to adjust thanks to those crossbars. If you got the right spot it was fine, though.

So, padded enough except over the crossbars, but they become a significant problem to finding a comfortable position.

YMV.

Purchased CCV in September, 2017! Our first stay will be May, 2018!!
We are excited about staying in our "new home"!!

DeerH

DeerH

:welcome: and CONGRATS!!!! I have you on Page 1 already!! I’ll be sure to add your trip dates!!!

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeerH

Congrats! We bought in Sept 2017 as well. I tried to convince my husband to go in May, but he needed a break after our trips this year. Hope it is an amazing trip!

Very excited to see this thread! Thanks so much for taking us on....

We bought in June ‘17 & December is our UY.

Our first stay is in April ‘18! It will be a “split stay ahhhh hum....” With our extra points we are staying at OKW, GF, CCV then BWV...2 weeks total.... crazy right? We also have points at BW so we kept adding days, couldn’t stop.

Now to go catch up from the beginning.

We are heading over to Disney this weekend and will likely buy at CCV. Please tell me why you bought, what you like best, anything to consider. We are told we will have an August use year, do we have a choice?

Very excited to see this thread! Thanks so much for taking us on....

We bought in June ‘17 & December is our UY.

Our first stay is in April ‘18! It will be a “split stay ahhhh hum....” With our extra points we are staying at OKW, GF, CCV then BWV...2 weeks total.... crazy right? We also have points at BW so we kept adding days, couldn’t stop.

Now to go catch up from the beginning.

:welcome:and Congrats!! So exciting!!! Happy you found us!! Sorry for the delay in responding, I’ve been under the weather :cold: You have a lot of moving around on your trip, but I have to admit, I love split stays!!!!!! We have never not had a split stay! It’s fun and gives you something new to look forward to! I hope you have a great time!!! I’ll be sure to add you to Page 1!!!!

*WELCOME HOME!*

We are heading over to Disney this weekend and will likely buy at CCV. Please tell me why you bought, what you like best, anything to consider. We are told we will have an August use year, do we have a choice?

Hey there!! We stayed at WL several times and just loved it there! We love how calming and relaxing the resort is! I can sit in the lobby for hours! LOL The upgrades they have made outside, including the open air bar along the water and the beautiful pool, there’s just a lot to love! Good luck to you! Please come back and let us know what you decided to do! Enjoy your trip!!!

We bought at CCV because we love the resort and it met enough of our preferences (in the main building, transportation option other than a bus, MK area, 1- and 2-BR options) to make it worth it to us. We haven't stayed at CCV yet, but we liked the rooms on the tour and enjoyed Geyser Point on our last visit. As far as the UY question, we were offered an April UY but I asked for what we wanted (December) and we were able to get it. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

We bought at CCV because we love the resort and it met enough of our preferences (in the main building, transportation option other than a bus, MK area, 1- and 2-BR options) to make it worth it to us. We haven't stayed at CCV yet, but we liked the rooms on the tour and enjoyed Geyser Point on our last visit. As far as the UY question, we were offered an April UY but I asked for what we wanted (December) and we were able to get it. Good luck and enjoy your trip!
I know we have 50 years years and I joke DVC will likely outlive me and will be for my kids and grandkids and maybe great grandkids. That being said my inlaws have VGF and an August year. Just a matter of fact we will end up with that as well. Does it make sense then for us to also have an August UY so eventually we will have two contracts both with the same UY?

I know we have 50 years years and I joke DVC will likely outlive me and will be for my kids and grandkids and maybe great grandkids. That being said my inlaws have VGF and an August year. Just a matter of fact we will end up with that as well. Does it make sense then for us to also have an August UY so eventually we will have two contracts both with the same UY?

There are much wiser people around here who have great suggestions about UY. For us there wasn't a single great UY (we have a toddler who will go to school in a few years and then who knows when we will travel), so we went with the month that worked ok for our best guess travel months (December, January, and May). Jealous of your connection to VGF points! We stayed there a few weeks ago and loved it.

Not an owner at CCV (hope to one day though!) but you absolutely have the choice of your use year. Discuss with your guide the times in which you travel now. Think about what months you are least likely to travel, but of course those things may change over time. I would suggest reading this post a few times before deciding: https://www.disboards.com/threads/understanding-use-year-updated-april-27-2016.1942668/

Good suggestion by Roxyfire to read up on UY issues. It can be a help if the UY jibes with your typical travel habits, thus allowing more flexibility if you need to cancel. HOWEVER, travel habits can change immensely over the years depending on kids, grandkids, or the empty nest years. In fact, it can even be cyclical with kids' schedules to consider, then empty nesting, retirement, and then grandkids' schedules bringing you back to square one. I know others will disagree, but UY has never been a major issue with me. That being said, though Disney will tell you only a particular UY is available, the truth is if they want a sale and if you refuse to buy unless you get a particular UY, they will find what you want. Now, having different contracts with the same UY is a big help--it's easier to keep track of them since banking dates, et.al., will remain the same.

Last edited:
A UY today has nothing to do with the UY you want in 5, 10 or 15 years, sometimes less. You just have to realize that points cannot be banked after your banking deadline. So flexibility to makes changes for a reservation might not be practical as you could end up with unused points that expire at the end of your UY.

Your UY doesn't affect when you can book a reservation, you are just limited to book no more than 11 months before check in for your home resort and 7 months for another DVC resort.

Hi, i've been reading through the postings, and it was mentioned the 2 bedrooms are on the top floor-isn't the top floor where they have that solid balcony, that if you sit on the balcony, you can't look out, you have to stand up? We were thinking of renting points there this August for a 2 bedroom, are there 2 bedrooms on the lower floors? I do like to sit and look out at a nice view-thanks!

Does an August UY otherwise work for your travel plans and at least keep trips within the banking window of that UY? If it works then it wouldn't be a bad thing to match up. But for example if you believe you would normally travel in June or July I'd got with a different UY and just deal with having 2 UY's when that time arrives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter