1 adult,a 7 year old, and a 15 month old what am I getting myself into???

Lizziotti

Mouseketeer
November 2017 Trip report

One adult with a 7 year old and a 15 month old what am I getting myself into???

This is my first trip report so please bear with me. It’s also way overdue with the holidays and then I was dealing with the flu for several months not even kidding! It just wouldn’t go away!!! :crazy2: I also have to warn any foodies here that I do not go into great detail or have many pics of our meals. Meals usually were too busy trying to get food for my girls and autograph books ready! I basically just shoved things in my mouth at a very quick pace. When I think about it meal times were the most stressful for me but still magical of course!

So on with it! Let me start with some background information.

My Hubby Carl
carl.jpg

He’s been a pretty good sport about my Disney obsession and lucky for me was chosen again to be part of the Orlando Amusement tradeshow and the reason for this trip! The trip won’t be completely without him. He does come along for the first half but then I am on my own. Can you tell I was very nervous!?

Me: Lisa
Lisa.jpg

Yep that’s me the wrinkly dreadhead. I’ve been on these boards for a lonnnng time since we started taking our older kids over ten years ago. Our first trip was in 2002 I teared up the first time I saw the castle and have been obsessed since! Here’s a pic from that trip with our first two kids Danielle and Domenic now grown adults and sadly can’t make this trip due to school, work, and adult responsibilities!
2002.jpg

This is our now 8 but 7 year old on the trip, Danica
danica.jpg

This was her 4th trip to Disney. The first was when she was almost 3 and her big sister sang in the Candlelight Processional with her high school chorus back in 2012.
Danica2.jpg

(She was in love with Stitch. He went everywhere with us that trip!)

Next is Keyla this was her very first trip at 15 months old.
Keyla.jpg

Trigger warning (sorry for anyone who has had a pregnancy loss)

Back in 2015 we were just getting ready to leave for Disney when I received a phone call from my Dr. stating my bloodwork came back and I was pregnant. I quickly posted on these boards to get some ideas how to tell my hubby. I wanted to surprise him while we were at Disney. The responses and warmth I received from most everyone was incredible. I decided our Magic Kingdom day would be the best time in front of the castle. Sadly I found out that morning it was a chemical pregnancy. I cried all throughout wishes and wished for another chance. It was November and I had already decided I was going to give up at the end of the year. We weren’t getting any younger as you can imagine with a 20 and a 21 year old at home! Well guess what December came and another positive pregnancy test and now we have sweet little Keyla. I like to think Disney Magic had a little something to do with it! I am bummed Keyla won’t get the chance to see Wishes this trip since it was replaced with happily ever after but I’m so happy to be able to bring her to WDW! (I wanted to include this backstory since DIS was such a big part of it all, thank you all for the support I received :love:

Now on with the report and fun stuff!

Departure Day Nov. 8th

We woke Danica up like we would any other school day but when we were leaving there was a gift bag at the front door. She came in to open it and inside was a build a bear dog that when you pressed his paw it said “”we’re going to Disney World today!” Boy was she surprised!

Oh boy I’m already tired! We land and head to our hotel.
20171109_112611.jpg

Sadly we are offsite due to the convention but our room wasn’t bad.
IMG_3641.jpg

(That’s Danica’s build a bear which you’ll see a lot of!)

The Room has a kitchen but it won’t get much use.
IMG_3642.jpg

We venture out to the Character Warehouse to see if they have any cheap magic bands since we are offsite and do not get them. The mall is beautiful! But sadly no magic bands. We grab a couple Disney fidget spinners for Danica’s friends and that’s it.

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

We grab a bite... I can’t even remember where. It must have been very uneventful.

Then head to get groceries and see this!

IMG_3646.jpg

I sent a pic to the older kids they would love to go. Heck I want to go in but sadly can’t I don’t think the little one’s could handle it lol!

We then see this crazy building
A9C196D7-EFAD-4107-9C16-3F791AFE1166.jpeg

Off to sleep big day ahead of us...

Last edited:
Day 1 Hollywood Studios

The kids wake up excited to go! After coffee and our included breakfast we head out.
20171110_071155.jpg

We are here! A bit cloudy out.

enhance2U8INN2Z.jpg

We arrive right at 9 darn I wanted to get here a little sooner for rope drop. We will have to work on that!:guilty:

We head right for Toy Story Mania but the line is already an hour! Ugh! I decide to try something I read about so I go in the fastpass lane and tell the CM “Mr. Spell sent us”. She looked at us like we had 3 eyes :rotfl2:but decided to let us in. Woo hoo we did it! Fun ride but I’d never wait that long with two small kids so I’m glad it worked. The way the tiers are set up I had to save our fastpasses for something else later something I was very nervous about!

We then head over to visit Woody and Buzz.
STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_20171110_406201742812.jpg

We waited about 45 minutes. Keyla was hesitant I was afraid of this.

We wanted to catch the Galaxy far, far away show so we headed there next
20171110_103603.jpg

It was pretty cool and we had a pretty decent spot for it.

After we saw BB-8 and Chewbacca.
STUDIO_DROID2CHAR_20171110_406204836395.jpg

Chewbacca was really awesome. :chewy:
3660D2FA-D4DB-469E-922E-9BCB82C8686F.jpeg

Danica is not a Star wars fan as much as we tried but after seeing him she said she wanted to watch the movies again when we get home yay!

After we head to the frozen show
20171110_122654.jpg

I was disappointed because the “funny guy” we usually see wasn’t here today. I’m sure some of you know who I’m talking about. I love him. I was happy with the new additions for the season. I love “when we’re together” I play it all the time. Ok time for some warm hugs!
STUDIO_CELEBRITYACHAR_20171110_406210408492.jpg

Sadly Keyla wouldn’t go up. I started to get worried.

We then watched some star wars clips and headed to star tours. I had warned Danica on the plane that this trip would be a little different that on the days when it was just me we wouldn’t be able to go on the big rides but that we would make up for it by going on everything twice the other days. So it was time to do our first rider switch. It was easy phew! While I went on with Danica Daddy stayed back and played with Keyla.
STUDIO_SPEEDERBIKEICON_20171110_406211813116.jpg

Somebody’s teething once again fun!

We were getting hungry and it was almost time for our 2:30 adr at sci-fi so we headed there. I love the atmosphere here. It’s such a fun place.
20171110_145652.jpg

We took turns going to the bathroom and headed out. We had some fun plans ahead of us! On our way we stopped and watched the storm troopers. I love the excitement of this. The music and watching them march. The whole thing is rather neat.
20171110_160309.jpg

We then got some magic shots since we were so rushed in the morning plus I want to give our stomachs a chance to digest because..
STUDIO_HBTAILOR_20171110_406216153424.jpg

We are heading somewhere exciting but I’m nervous because Danica hasn’t been on anything like it before. No not TOT!
STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20171110_8124364847.jpeg

Phew she loved it! While they were on I noticed character palooza was happening. I’ve read about it but have never seen it before. Unfortunately Keyla didn’t want anything to do with it. I was hoping Danica could catch it later but now it was time to see Beauty and the Beast my favorite. My oldest played Belle at a theatre camp one year so it holds a special place in my heart.
3C114629-7D51-4FC5-A1CC-24DD45140139.gif

After the show we rider swapped Tot one of my favorite rides. I just love the creepy feeling you get upon entering. It was Danica’s old favorite until RnR. Now that’s all she talks about. She really loved it! After Tot it was my turn to ride RnR I was not as thrilled it’s been a long time since I’ve been on it and I won’t lie I was scared lol! I was hoping to catch the characters out again but darn it no luck!

It was starting to get dark so we stopped and watched the Xmas projections. Snow was falling and I remembered why I love it so much here this time of year. Although we all miss the Osbourne lights.

We did some shopping and of course Danica picked out a stuffed animal. Ever since I can remember she has been obsessed with therm. We have soooo many. We wanted to catch the little mermaid show but we were too late so decided to grab a snack. I wanted to get the Pluto popcorn bucket that was all the rage at the time but the line was huge! So we settled for pretzels and found a spot for Pip and Landing. Boy was it crowded! We have never seen it and enjoyed it but definitely didn’t like being squashed like sardines:crowded:. It was seriously worse than the magic kingdom fireworks.
After the show we headed out. Honestly we were going to skip this day because of all the construction but glad we didn’t it was a blast but it was our first full day with many more to come so we needed to rest!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!