1 Bedroom Ocean View

KathyH62

Earning My Ears
I've been reading through the threads and I'm torn as to which building to "request" for the BEST Ocean View 1 bedroom. I appreciate all of your suggestions!
Less than 8 weeks to go - yeah!!!!

For us, some of the primary differences were:

Waianae Building
- Easy access to parking garage which is right behind this building
- Fitness center and spa were in this building
- Quick access to Ulu Cafe, the Quick Service (lots of people order the pizzas) dining
- Close to the pools and jacuzzi that open the latest

Ewa Building
- Aunty's Beach House (for the kids) and the Community Room are on this side
- Ama Ama more upscale dining is right next to Aunty's
- Outdoor movies and the Luau are behind this building
- Sunset would be viewable from most of the rooms on this side

Here are some photos from Ewa side (16th floor) from our recent trip:
IMG_7538b.jpg
IMG_7497b.jpg

IMG_7526b.jpg

Here are some photos from Waianae side (9th floor) from a previous trip:
IMG_6902b.jpg
IMG_6954b.jpg
IMG_6924b.jpg
IMG_7453b.jpg

Make sure you request an ocean view room overlooking the pools, otherwise you might get a room on the outside. If you haven't seen it already, there's a great thread here with all the room views folks here have submitted:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/aulani-villas-views-updated-03-13-2017.3570961/

Best wishes to you on your trip!

Last edited:
Thanks for all your photo's - you were very helpful. In your opinion, which building did you prefer? They both look great, but wondering if one is better for viewing the sunsets. :)

Ewa tower is nice for dropping off your kids at Aunty's Beach House, making use of the community hall for kids activities or renting DVDs, and for visiting the luau and the movies on the lawn. If you want to see the sunset from your room, then go for Ewa tower.

Waianae tower is great if you plan to access the car alot, visit the fitness center everyday, or use the pools in the evenings. Could not view the sunset from this side. But, we saw some spectacular sunsets from the beach and from Ama Ama.

We enjoyed both towers and would be very happy in either one. Love that ocean view!

I have stayed in several hotel rooms that were billed as "ocean view" where the ocean was in maybe one-quarter of your field of vision. The rest of your view was comprised of the resort buildings, the street, parking lot, etc.

In the sticky's charts for the rooms, you see several buildings listed "Facing Island" or "Facing Pool", but if you go up high enough in terms of floors, the rooms are also categorized as "Ocean View". Does that mean that your view is primarily the Resort/Island/Pool, with just a small portion of your view being that of the ocean?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter