1 Day Disney Extravaganza 2.0!

JusDisneyy

Earning My Ears
When becoming a Disney APH I knew the addiction was going to be over the top. I didn't know it was going to be "one-day trips to Disney" over the top lol. Here we are 30 days out from our second one day trip Down to Disney. The first one was on November 19, 2019 when we took off from Chicago at 6 am and walked through the gate of MK at 10:30 just to have to leave and fly out that night at 10:30. Although an extremely long day and a very tiring day at work the next. It wasn't enough to keep us from doing another one-day Disney extravaganza 3 months later.

So here we are just 30 days out from doing another one-day trip. This time we will actually fly down the evening before and stay with family before rope dropping DHS Tuesday morning. This trip was booked specially because Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway will only be open for 6 days. We tried to get up early this morning to book our FastPass for it, but to no surprise by the time 6:00:05 hit, not only was Mickey & Minnie gone, you couldn't find much of anything!

We have an idea of what we expect to get done in this one day trip but we want to see what other people would try to accomplish in this 12.5 hour park day. Let us know. Also not a huge fan of DHS snacks but maybe I am missing some hidden snacks there.

Follow along with us on our Disney adventures on Instagram!

I guess this all depends on how many are in your group and how long you expect to stand in lines. Unfortunately with the opening of Rise of the Resistance and soon Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway, the park is getting to be too crowded, meaning long lines for everything. It's a Monday and all the Coasters/Thrill rides have a 90 min to 2 hour wait at 10am!

I hope you were able to at least snag a few fast passes, for Toy Story Mania, Rock n Roller Coaster, and either Tower of Terror or Alien Swirling Saucers. Given the FP availability and what I would do, I would get a AS2 FP at 4, do that right at that time, head over to Slinky Dog and wait the 2 hours, then have a FP for TSM at 6, then head to dinner after that.

Also, if you plan to ride Rise of the Resistance, get caught up on this thread and know what you need to do to ride, since it's unlike anything else. https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...-2-no-spoilers.3782822/page-453#post-61535422. Millenium Falcoln: Smugglers Run, the other Star Wars ride, without FP availability, has seen much shorter lines in the evening than morning, but look for that to change after Feb 19 as FP's will then be in use.

For the actual plan, i'd probably try to be there an hour before park opening, so in the park by 7am and in line to Rope Drop MMRR. Right at 8am, be prepared to get your RotR boarding pass, once that's obtained, be prepared to enter the MMRR. After that, I'd either head to Star Tours or ToT and RnRC and keep checking for an available fast pass for either of those rides. Late morning and early afternoon, I'd hit up a couple shows just to get off the feet, maybe BatB, Frozen, or Indiana Jones while eating lunch somewhere along the way. By 3, i'd be hitting up TSL ready to use the FP's for AS2, standby SDD (keep checking for FP's) then TSM FP. Insert Food Here. Then head to Star Wars land and ride MFSR and hopefully RotR, though you'll just have to do this when you get called, which is a big variable. End the night with some more rides in shorter lines or watch Fantasmic.

Regardless of how you do it, have fun. I'm sure it's a blast to travel down for the 1 day trips!

Last edited:
That sounds perfect! We just got back from Disney 2 weeks ago but of course feeling that post Disney depression. So we need to go back as soon as possible. When we were there we got to do Rise so of course that is going to be on our list again. We will definitely be doing what you said and running to MMRR to get into that line while signing us up for the boarding group. Kinda bummed that they didn't do a double boarding group for the 2 rides, giving you the option to go on both. Either way we are gonna make both happen!

Definitely helps to have some kind of guideline to keep to through a 12 hour day. Thank you!

That sounds perfect! We just got back from Disney 2 weeks ago

I need to find a way to convince my wife we need this sort of frequency in our lives! :)

but of course feeling that post Disney depression. So we need to go back as soon as possible. When we were there we got to do Rise so of course that is going to be on our list again. We will definitely be doing what you said and running to MMRR to get into that line while signing us up for the boarding group. Kinda bummed that they didn't do a double boarding group for the 2 rides, giving you the option to go on both. Either way we are gonna make both happen!

Definitely helps to have some kind of guideline to keep to through a 12 hour day. Thank you!
I would like to think if they did a boarding group for MMRR that it would be a 1 or the other, allowing more guests the opportunity to get on either of the new rides.

I'm guessing that with MMRR, 1) They feel confident in its reliability and 2) it has a way higher guest per hour ride rate than RotR. Those are both very big negatives for RotR and the reason why Boarding Passes are still in effect and will most likely remain throughout the year. I just hope that we get to a point where 10 thousand people aren't in HS at 8am even with the BP's. but...we all know that's not gonna happen :)

I need to find a way to convince my wife we need this sort of frequency in our lives! :)

I would like to think if they did a boarding group for MMRR that it would be a 1 or the other, allowing more guests the opportunity to get on either of the new rides.

I'm guessing that with MMRR, 1) They feel confident in its reliability and 2) it has a way higher guest per hour ride rate than RotR. Those are both very big negatives for RotR and the reason why Boarding Passes are still in effect and will most likely remain throughout the year. I just hope that we get to a point where 10 thousand people aren't in HS at 8am even with the BP's. but...we all know that's not gonna happen :)

Lol I hear you. convincing is always the hardest part. I really enjoyed the BP. I love that it allowed me to be in the park and not have to take on the daunting decision if I want to wait 3 plus hours for an attraction I really want to go one. I hope it stays around for that ride for awhile. Although maybe a standby line for RotR will lower the traffic in the park, but don't do a standby until I ride it 2-3 more times ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!