1 more question on FOTL or whatever its called now.

Has anyone called to ask what the policy now is?

This might help.

Thank you Robvia. The link worked just fine and took a matter of minutes to register my complaint. I hope to hear within 48 hours, so they say.

A good suggestion Notatourist, but consider these points:
1. Website still claims Front of Line All Day Every Day.
2. Hotel reservations states the above is not so that we now get access to express line with unlimited access.
3. The HRH staff still states their has been no change in the policy.
4. Several employes of IOA on this site have stated that card readers are being employed to limit hotel guest to one ride per day in the Express line.

It therefore seems that each person you reach at IOA/US has a different answer or simply doesn't know. I don't doubt Earl and several others whom have stated that limited access for hotel guest is coming. My question is when will they inform those with reservations made months ago under the pretense that they will be allowed Front of the line access.

When exactly is this on-site privlege going to be changed? We will be at HRH 6/25-30. I know my hubby will be FPO if it's gone when we are there. We, too, decided that FOTL was worth spending extra $$ for. If it weren't for FOTL and we knew we would be treated like anyone else with a multi-day ticket, we would have stayed at DISNEY and drove up!! :mad:

I believe if FOTL access goes away, they will see a HUGH decline in the amount of guests at their onsite hotels, I'm sure of it. I'm sure they saw a HUGE increase when the word got out about FOTL access.

If they would tell all future reservations (2002 on) that it's gone and exactly what's in it's place, people wouldn't be so upset.

That is fair.

Originally posted by disneydoc
A good suggestion Notatourist, but consider these points:
1. Website still claims Front of Line All Day Every Day.
2. Hotel reservations states the above is not so that we now get access to express line with unlimited access.
3. The HRH staff still states their has been no change in the policy.
4. Several employes of IOA on this site have stated that card readers are being employed to limit hotel guest to one ride per day in the Express line.

To address your points:

1. I'm not sure which website you're talking about, but different sites (Universal, Universal Vacations, and Loews) seem to say different things, which is a problem Universal should address.

2. This is correct, based on my visits in late April and late May and everything else I've heard that I consider reliable.

3. I don't know which policy you're talking about specifically, but there certainly has been a change in policy, and based on reports I consider reliable here, there will be another change sometime this year (see 4).

4. That is incorrect. They have stated that they will be employed at some point in the future, which is very different than they "are being employed" as you said. The first card readers will go online in July. Even once some are online, they will not restrict multiple rides in a day until all card readers are installed (according to the reliable sources here on this board, which I find surprising actually, but certainly do believe them).

Beckles,
Sorry I wasn't clear in my statement concerning employment of card readers. You are technically correct in that they are not in use yet, but supposedly by the end of the summer they will be. My beef is not that they plan on installing or have partially installed the readers that will limit guest to one ride. Quite simply I am upset that their advertised policy is being changed after guest have made reservations to stay on property; many of whom would have picked less expensive sites had they known otherwise. Universal has not to date taken any action to let those with reservations know of any proposed change. Also no one at Universal guest services or otherwise seems to know anything about when such changes may occur. As paying customers spending our hard earned money we deserve better!!

Is there any chance that the card readers are only to ensure that the cards used are active and not bogus or expired?

Anyone think its a possibility that they are only going to be used for that purpose (for now) and not for limiting rides (again, for now), until Universal makes a policy change regarding Express passes for onsite guests.

May just be wishful thinking, but that's all I got.

Mark

Changes happen and it does say-in the fine print-program subject to change-

Changes happen!! Read the fine print!!! I would expect that attitude from an employee at a fly by night outfit but not Universal. Simply don't promise what you can't deliver or at least be man or woman enough to notify your customers, whom are expecting certain benefits, of the impending changes. I expect to read the fine print when buying a used car not vacationing at what should be considered one of the best family destintations in the United States or any other county

Every piece of print material says this. That's so you know before you book.

How many people get their hands on printed material before booking? I think most are on-line for info and calling 1-800 #s.
You gotta admit, there has been a lot of reports here on the boards of mis-informed staff / clerks /agents giving bum info over the phone. Upon arrivals, then the bubble gets burst. Guests feel like do-dos, yet fork over the money anyway. (da bottom line, right?)
I would like to see any policy set forth to be well defined, and all its' particulars (i.e. - expiration date; hours; etc.) be made known to ALL parties (every swingin' employee). Keep all info updated too.
Jim

IMHO Universal has made a huge mistake with this FOTL policy. Many people (myself included) made thier reservations based on FOTL as many times as you like. I don't care what the fine print says about changes, I spoke to a several Universal employees regarding this and they all assured me that they would not change the policy as that was the reason so many people were making reservations on site. If someone at the top even thought that the policy might change, they should have informed the agents that are in contact with and giving inaccurate information to guests every day.

And now to hear that those multi-day tickets I bought don't give me any advantage?? I guess that's one way to keep hotel guests from cancelling their reservations; take away 3 express passes and early entry on the multi-day passes that we have already purchased!

I will end up staying at the HRH this year because we extended our Disney stay and flights 2 days to go to Universal. This will be our last stay as I don't feel that Universal can be trusted to give guests what they promise.

Okay, I was there all week and they still were using the rooms keys for Express all you want all day. I asked the manager at PBH if this would still be in effect when I return July 24, he said it would, but they are in the process of changing the policy. I did notice that the new brochures stop listing it as FOTL and now say that resort guests have prioity access to all rides & attractions at both parks for what that's worth. I meant to ask someone at the parks but between chasing a 4 year old & getting rained on I kept forgetting! Hope this helps!

What exactly does PRIORITY ACCESS mean? A wise choice of words to allow future changes to whatever they want PRIORITY ACCESS to be......that falls under all catagories.....VIP, FOTL, Express pass, Unlimited Express pass, once a day per ride express pass.....you gotta love those guys in the head office coming up with these terms.

Are you saying that with my HRH Room Key
I can go to the FOTL once each per ride?
Then after that I can either stand in line for the same ride or get an express pass?
I also made reservations with HRH and paid the extra money to what they advertised.
I wrote to the website given a few letters
back and hope to recieve my reply. That's just plane unfair to the people who already
have reservations made assuming we'll get the Original FOTL offer made by Universal!!

Debden,
As of now, you can use your room key to get in the express line as many times as you want on as many rides as you want. That may change to once a day at a later time.

I don't have reservations until the beginning of December,2001. I have the feeling those changes will already be implemented by then.

I also just emailed Universal about this change, lets see if they answer me, I will let you guys know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter