1 night MiraCosta 3 Ambassador?

disEAR

DVC Member
Hi, we have booked 4 nights at the Disney Ambassador Hotel and have the option of switching the first night to MiraCosta with the rest at the Ambassador. Wondering what the process is for hopping between hotels and whether or not one night at MiraCosta is worth it or if it's better to just stay at the Ambassador for the 4 consecutive nights.

Any opinions or thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you!

Hmmm thats a tough question!
I was actually trying to book my last 2 nights at Mira Costa, but its impossible.

If you really want to stay and try Mira Costa, I say why not! And maybe dedicate that day to Disney Sea?

Hi, we have booked 4 nights at the Disney Ambassador Hotel and have the option of switching the first night to MiraCosta with the rest at the Ambassador. Wondering what the process is for hopping between hotels and whether or not one night at MiraCosta is worth it or if it's better to just stay at the Ambassador for the 4 consecutive nights.

Any opinions or thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you!

Any update on what you decided to do?

We just stayed at the Ambassador the night before last. We hotel hopped from Disneyland Hotel to the Ambassador. I was a bit nervous about the process putting an unnecessary strain on our travels as we were traveling with a 3 month old and 2 year old but it was very easy and I'd do it again without hesitation. After we checked out of Disneyland hotel (using express check out on the TV) we brought our luggage down to Guest Services in the lobby and asked them to deliver the bags to the Ambassador. They did so with no fee, giving us a receipt and explaining that we wouldn't have access to our bags until 3. Check out for the hotels is noon and check-in is 3 so you will have at least a 3 hour window without a room or access to your luggage. This wasn't a problem for us as we spent the time in between at the park. After 3 we headed over to the Ambassador, checked in at the desk, gave them our receipt for our luggage that was being delivered, and were asked to take a seat in the lobby to wait to be brought up to our room. A few minutes later we were greeted with our luggage and were brought up to our room. Enjoy your trip!!!

Is the average price per night at miracosta $500? Is it really worth that? We are paying $386 at beach club in October and that’s the most we’ve ever spent on a hotel per night. I would like to try a Disney hotel but they all seem pretty expensive in Tokyo.

Is the average price per night at miracosta $500? Is it really worth that? We are paying $386 at beach club in October and that’s the most we’ve ever spent on a hotel per night. I would like to try a Disney hotel but they all seem pretty expensive in Tokyo.
The minimum you would spend is $500 if your exchange rate is good! It's more likely that you would be spending a whole lot more. is it worth it? Well that's totally subjective. It's literally attached to the park, so it definitely has some major perks. The disney hotels are beautiful but not necessary when visiting the parks. We prefer to stay at the hotels on the monorail loop since they are usually half the price, and still great accommodations. Most have either a park view or an ocean view, and you definitely still feel like you are in the "disney bubble".

The minimum you would spend is $500 if your exchange rate is good! It's more likely that you would be spending a whole lot more. is it worth it? Well that's totally subjective. It's literally attached to the park, so it definitely has some major perks. The disney hotels are beautiful but not necessary when visiting the parks. We prefer to stay at the hotels on the monorail loop since they are usually half the price, and still great accommodations. Most have either a park view or an ocean view, and you definitely still feel like you are in the "disney bubble".
I told dh the price of miracosta and he just kind of looked at me like he couldn’t tell if I was joking or not. We will most likely do Hilton because I really like the looks of the celebrio rooms!

We just got back and did two nights at the Celebration Hotel (it's like staying at any resort at WDW, a 20 minute bus ride to the parks) and splurged for one night at the Ambassador in the Stitch themed room. I liked the theming of the Ambassador, the Stitch room of course and the convenience of the location. We have also stayed at the Hilton which is also nice, much cheaper and the rooms are huge for Tokyo.

We just got back and did two nights at the Celebration Hotel (it's like staying at any resort at WDW, a 20 minute bus ride to the parks) and splurged for one night at the Ambassador in the Stitch themed room. I liked the theming of the Ambassador, the Stitch room of course and the convenience of the location. We have also stayed at the Hilton which is also nice, much cheaper and the rooms are huge for Tokyo.

How did you like the Ambassador Hotel? Im booked for 1 night at the Mira Costa but that price is giving me anxiety for just 1 (ONE) night lol.
I was thinking of staying at the Ambassador Hotel instead for 1 night.

I like the Ambassador Hotel, it's very convenient to pretty much everything. The furthest thing would be Disneyland itself but it's not that bad of a walk if you decided to go all the way through Ikspiari and past the train station. Walking to Disney Sea is very easy or the bus runs very often since it's such a short drive. There's a convenience store that has drinks and snacks, and we liked the Tick Tock cafe for sandwiches and pastries that they didn't have in the parks. Also being connected to Ikspiari is nice for all of the food and shopping options.

We haven't stayed at the Mira Costa but it looks amazing. Either way, the extra 15 minutes is the difference between riding a ride or two and grabbing an early Fastpass, and that makes it worth the cost IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter