1 piece of luggage??

I'm amused that a thread on packing is 6 pages long! We are obviously obsessive travelers. LOL

And I agree on changing for dinner. I don't, but since most of our trips seem to happen in the summer, and we spend all day getting hot and sweaty, I put on tomorrow's clothes for dinner.

I've also slowly acquired "performance wear" clothes for travel, looking for sales, etc, as I go. They tend to be light weight, so easier/lighter for packing, don't wrinkle, dry quickly if I do need to wash (I really try not to on vacation), and overall seem to just wear well, so that if I do need to rewear them, they still look good. I got a pair of pants from Columbia that are magic. I wore them 5 straight days to work and they looked as good on day 5 as day 1. They are my new favorite pants for travel and home. They have a few styles, all the same great fabric.

https://www.columbia.com/womens-bac...t-AL8069.html?dwvar_AL8069_variationColor=010

My next investment is travel underwear. I bought a few to see if I like them. I'm a cotton briefs kind of girl, but if I do need to wash while traveling, they take forever to dry.

My next investment is travel underwear. I bought a few to see if I like them. I'm a cotton briefs kind of girl, but if I do need to wash while traveling, they take forever to dry.

I bought ex-offcio wicking underwear for my first hiking trip three years ago, and I fell in love. Since then, I've switched out almost all my regular underwear for ex-officio. It's expensive, but can be found on sale sometimes. There have been some minor variations in wear. The pairs I bought three years ago still look brand new, but a couple of the pairs from two years ago started to unravel in places. The most recently purchased are back to being good. My whole family is in the midst of switching now :)

I bought ex-offcio wicking underwear for my first hiking trip three years ago, and I fell in love. Since then, I've switched out almost all my regular underwear for ex-officio. It's expensive, but can be found on sale sometimes. There have been some minor variations in wear. The pairs I bought three years ago still look brand new, but a couple of the pairs from two years ago started to unravel in places. The most recently purchased are back to being good. My whole family is in the midst of switching now :)

Here's another vote for ex-officio. I bought them for travel and started out with just a couple since they are SO expensive. I have slowly built up to have enough for a two week trip. I wear them during the summer at home and they really helped with the heat and humidity in China. Also, very easy to wash in a hotel sink at night in a pinch and will be dry in the AM. Where have you found them on sale? I have always paid full price, I think.

I've also slowly acquired "performance wear" clothes for travel, looking for sales, etc, as I go. They tend to be light weight, so easier/lighter for packing, don't wrinkle, dry quickly if I do need to wash (I really try not to on vacation), and overall seem to just wear well, so that if I do need to rewear them, they still look good. I got a pair of pants from Columbia that are magic. I wore them 5 straight days to work and they looked as good on day 5 as day 1. They are my new favorite pants for travel and home. They have a few styles, all the same great fabric.

https://www.columbia.com/womens-bac...t-AL8069.html?dwvar_AL8069_variationColor=010

Thanks for the tip on the Columbia pants. I am ordering a pair now since they are on sale!

Also check out Kuhl brand pants for travel and general awesomeness. Quick dry, water resistant, wrinkle resistant, and wicking. My favorites are cut to fit like comfy jeans but there are many styles.

I'll let you know what I think of them!

I'm going to try these techniques with them.

Great, can't wait to hear it! Those videos were ridiculously impressive. Now I understand why so many people recommend rolling! I'll be rewatching these videos and practicing these techniques lol :surfweb:

I'm amused that a thread on packing is 6 pages long! We are obviously obsessive travelers. LOL

And I agree on changing for dinner. I don't, but since most of our trips seem to happen in the summer, and we spend all day getting hot and sweaty, I put on tomorrow's clothes for dinner.

Lol I know, I never expected this thread to grow so quickly. I'm very impressed with the amount of information everyone has to share! Those pants look very nice! Comfortable and versatile at the same time.

I've never put any thought into travel underwear. I like cotton also, but because they're small I always just pack a couple more than I need just in case.

Here's another vote for ex-officio. I bought them for travel and started out with just a couple since they are SO expensive. I have slowly built up to have enough for a two week trip. I wear them during the summer at home and they really helped with the heat and humidity in China. Also, very easy to wash in a hotel sink at night in a pinch and will be dry in the AM. Where have you found them on sale? I have always paid full price, I think.

Thanks for the tip on the Columbia pants. I am ordering a pair now since they are on sale!

This is too funny. When @aggiedog mentioned travel underwear, I just thought she meant she was looking into underwear that was a different material and better for traveling. I had no idea travel underwear was actually a thing! :rotfl2:They do sound like they would be great for those that do laundry on their vacations!

Also check out Kuhl brand pants for travel and general awesomeness. Quick dry, water resistant, wrinkle resistant, and wicking. My favorites are cut to fit like comfy jeans but there are many styles.
I've never heard of Kuhl but they have a nice variety of clothes! It reminds me of LL Bean and Columbia.

Where have you found them on sale? I have always paid full price, I think.

Ebags sells them and right now (for the rest of the night) ebags is having a 25% off sale. There are several styles and it looks like if you're a small or large great availability, okay if you're a medium. If you combine the 25% off sale with an amex offer ($15 off $75) plus the free shipping it could be several days of new ex officio :)

I attempted rolling some t-shirts this morning using this technique. It's actually very easy! My only concern is if pulling the folded edge over the roll will stretch out that bottom part of the shirt. Has anyone rolled their shirts this way before? Does this actually happen, or am I being irrational? lol

I attempted rolling some t-shirts this morning using this technique. It's actually very easy! My only concern is if pulling the folded edge over the roll will stretch out that bottom part of the shirt. Has anyone rolled their shirts this way before? Does this actually happen, or am I being irrational? lol
I've been rolling my clothes to pack for YEARS and I have never used the procedure. I would be very worried about stretching out the socks or the T-shirt hem, and causing more wrinkling then necessary. I just roll them and place them in the suitcase, with the end of the roll down. I've never had a problem with things unrolling in my suitcase, and I *want* them to unroll when I unpack them. This just looks like a lot of extra work for nothing. Just my opinion.

Sayhello

I've been rolling my clothes to pack for YEARS and I have never used the procedure. I would be very worried about stretching out the socks or the T-shirt hem, and causing more wrinkling then necessary. I just roll them and place them in the suitcase, with the end of the roll down. I've never had a problem with things unrolling in my suitcase, and I *want* them to unroll when I unpack them. This just looks like a lot of extra work for nothing. Just my opinion.

Sayhello
That's what I'm thinking. Pulling the folded part over the roll was pretty tight, and I started to wonder about the shirt stretching out. The plus side is I did learn how to roll shirts lol, I think I'll just do what you do and roll them without the folded edge.

Packing cubes came. I didn't even notice that they would come with a waterproof laundry bag. woot!

I was kind of wondering that also. I did like how this guy mentioned removing creases when you're doing it.

Packing cubes came. I didn't even notice that they would come with a waterproof laundry bag. woot!

I was kind of wondering that also. I did like how this guy mentioned removing creases when you're doing it.

Nice!! An extra bonus lol.

That makes sense with removing creases, especially when traveling. I’m just hesitant about stretching out the bottoms of my shirts, so I’m probably not going to do the extra fold over part. I do like how it’s compact when you do fold it over though. Who knew packing could be so complicated?!? :confused3

Nice!! An extra bonus lol.

That makes sense with removing creases, especially when traveling. I’m just hesitant about stretching out the bottoms of my shirts, so I’m probably not going to do the extra fold over part. I do like how it’s compact when you do fold it over though. Who knew packing could be so complicated?!? :confused3
The problem is, they're only showing this for simple things like socks and plain T-shirts. I don't know about you, but I pack a lot of things more irregularly shaped than T-shirts and socks. And some things that aren't that stretchy. I just don't find it applies to me. I don't need to be able to bounce my rolls against the wall. :) But I guess it's great for those who do!

Sayhello

The problem is, they're only showing this for simple things like socks and plain T-shirts. I don't know about you, but I pack a lot of things more irregularly shaped than T-shirts and socks. And some things that aren't that stretchy. I just don't find it applies to me.

I've only tried rolling t-shirts so far. I'm brand new to rolling clothes lol. I'm not interested in the rolling multiple items into one trick, but I liked seeing how to roll the clothes. I'm going to use the folding and tight rolling tips, but not the fold over part. Hopefully once I have that down, I'll be able to come up with a plan of attack for the irregular items!

I don't need to be able to bounce my rolls against the wall. :) But I guess it's great for those who do!
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I will l just echo so many others! Packing cubes , rolling clothes, and a capsule wardrobe. I can do ten day trips in a carry-on. I use the ebags brand. We have color coded cubes for each family member. The capsule wardrobe is really key! Definitely wear your largest pair of shoes and bulkier items on the plane.

I will do cubes per hotel or if I am staying in one spot i pack like items together. I also really like this piece from eagle Creek. : https://www.ebags.com/product/eagle-creek/pack-it-garment-folder-medium/271295?productid=10543036 No need to roll and this works really well. I will put all tops and pants in here and it takes up one side of a carry on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!