1 yr of dating- need some manly opinuions

funkychunkymonkey

DIS Veteran
so im almost to my 1 yr aniversery with the love of my life. I know he got me somthing good and he knows when our aniversy is (he reminded me!). So I was thinking of getting him some tonka trucks (the little ones) cause he told me he liked to play with them as a kid but his grandfather tossed his out when he was caught not working (he was 8). I was also thinking a game since we love to play games together. Our favorite is scrabble. Im not sure what to get him really cause the last time I spent way to long thinking and came up a scrapbook. He told me not to think so hard this time LOL. I plan on cooking him dinner for our aniversy (A meal that he will like, since he hates my cooking). Any ideas on what to get him? My freinds on the comunity board suggested I ask you dis dads since your really smart. A bit of back story- weve know each other since high school, have talked about engagment, are very emotionally connected. He is 30 (this year) and Im 28 (this year).

my birthday is just around the corner. my DW gave me this.
b7ed63ca.jpg

i know i am happy with my gift.

Tonka trucks would be great! I would have loved to have gotten something like that from SWMBO. Last year for my Bday I got socks and a gift card to Lowes. :headache: You will have to search Fleabay and antique stores to find what something similar to what he had and they won't come cheap. Use your favorite search engine and you can find a lot of information. Board games aren't my thing so no idea on whether that would be a good gift.

Let's see... 1 yr anniversary of dating... I wouldn't expect anything big. Would be hard to offer a suggestion without knowing what else he may be interested in, but it sounds like you are onto something that he would very much enjoy with the toys. Does he enjoy video games? Golf? Sports? Many different small gifts can come from those categories. :thumbsup2

My freinds on the comunity board suggested I ask you dis dads since your really smart.
:eek: :eek: Really??? Who told you that???

Tonka trucks would be great! I would have loved to have gotten something like that from SWMBO. Last year for my Bday I got socks and a gift card to Lowes. :headache: You will have to search Fleabay and antique stores to find what something similar to what he had and they won't come cheap. Use your favorite search engine and you can find a lot of information. Board games aren't my thing so no idea on whether that would be a good gift.
^^^ What he said. I think finding one of those Tonka trucks like the one his Grandpa threw away would be a great idea. I'm 30 also, and I'd appreciate a gift like that. Even if he is too old to play with it (and let's be honest, he's not), it would be something nice to put up on a shelf somewhere.

:eek: :eek: Really??? Who told you that???

^^^ What he said. I think finding one of those Tonka trucks like the one his Grandpa threw away would be a great idea. I'm 30 also, and I'd appreciate a gift like that. Even if he is too old to play with it (and let's be honest, he's not), it would be something nice to put up on a shelf somewhere.

What he said :lmao: Maybe find some of the Tonka tractors :confused3

I still love toys. DW and I have been married 12 years. She got me a nerf gun with darts for my last birthday. As for the meal, if you are worried about it, take out from his favorite restaurant is a good idea. You may want to go with some of The staples of this club is dole whip, bacon, beer, and cake - you can't go wrong there.

I still love toys. DW and I have been married 12 years. She got me a nerf gun with darts for my last birthday. As for the meal, if you are worried about it, take out from his favorite restaurant is a good idea. You may want to go with some of The staples of this club is dole whip, bacon, beer, and cake - you can't go wrong there.

:worship:

If he likes games, there are various versions of Monopoly, and one may have a special meaning to him (ie like one for the school he went to, or a Star Wars themed one if he's into that, etc.)

Man, coming to us for serious advice....someone doesn't read our threads:lmao::lmao:

Ok, back on track...at one year, I wouldn't expect much. If he's mentioned the Tonka trucks, that would be cool:thumbsup2

If he's "in" to anything (golf, fishing) something related to that might be good too.

Again, I doubt he's looking for something "big", so I'd keep it simple.

You know him and we don't so I think your first inclination of Tonka Trucks is likely right. I'm not sure what kind of work he does or if he has an office, but if he does I would try and find a version of one of these trucks that'd fit on a shelf in his office.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter