10 day world ticket up grade

matty624

DIS Veteran
We've already bought 10 day world tickets for our trip in 11 days. With the good exchange rate now, and the possibility of going back at Christmas, I'd like to upgrade these tickets to annual passes. I know you can up grade hoppers because I've read threads saying this. Is the same true of the world pass, since it's only available in the UK? Hope some one out there knows. Thanks in advance.
Ian

I don't know the answer to this one, but my hunch would be that you'd only be able to do this through whoever supplied you with the 10 day pass. I'm not sure that you'd be able to do it at Guest Services in WDW as they don't sell the 10 day passes themselves.

If you bought from someone who also sells APs, try giving them a ring - but if you upgrade over here then presumably the £/$ rate wouldn't help you anyway.

Thanks. Thats what I thought. i bought them from Keith Prowse (through an agent) and I'm not sure we really have time to sort it out before we go. Have to hope the exchange rate continues to be favourable for future years. Thanks anyway...
Ian

Ian, my reply was only a 'best guess', so it would certainly be worth checking once you get to WDW - they can only say "no"!

Good luck :)

Ian, I'm afraid the World Pass isn't sold by any Disney ticket agency in Orlando, hence there is no way they can exchange it and upgrade to an AP. Unfortunately, AP's are not sold over here either, which means that Keith Prowse wouldn't be able to offer you that upgrade anyway. Sorry.

But it is still worth a try at any park. We had special offer UK only 7 day hoppers this year, reduced price but theywere expiring ones. We enquired at the International Gateway at EPCOT and we could have upgraded them no problem. I was hoping they would give us the full value of a normal 7 day hopper, but the very clever computer systen knew exactly how much we had paid!! The upgrade would have been $100 each BTW, so if a second holiday had been remotely possible it would have been well worth while.

Disney seem to go that bit further, I'd take your invoice and see what they can do!!

Good luck, no harm in asking!!

Hi,
I know the 10 day ticket is only for the UK market and purchased over here.I work in a TA and last year as an agent concesion I could buy a 10 day pass at 50% off at guest services.So I bought the family theirs in the normal way over here and at guest services at a park I paid for and received my 10 day pass.So they do physically have them over there.

I'm sure it is worth asking at guest services you've nowt to lose:D

Thank you everyone. I rang seligo and they confirmed what we all thought, according to them we can't upgrade in Orlando, as they are not sold there and they don't sell APs. What I could do is change my tickets to a 5 or 7 day hopper, which of course we know could be upgraded. However, their prices of 190 (5day) and 233 (7 day) don't seem brilliant when compared with US prices and the current fabulous exchange rate! We've decided to stick with what we've got and talk to guest relations when we're there, just in case!
Thanks...
Ian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter