11/23 Magic - Another outbreak of illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol RN

Disney Vacation Veteran
In today's Orlando Sentinel online there's an article about the 11/23 Magic Cruise. So far, 25 passengers have become ill. I am not surprised, since there's just no way they could have disinfected a ship that size in the few hours they were in port Saturday, even if they did sail late. Some sites said crew started cleaning on Friday while they were still sailing, but obviously whatever they did wasn't adequate. They need to dock it and do a thorough sanitization. Even if it's a small percentage of passengers who have become sick, it's still a big deal if you are one of those passengers!

www.orlandosentinel.com

Thanks for the updated info. This is NEW INFO from a NEW sailing and it may be appropriate for a new thread. HOWEVER, this is the moderators job to decide this --- let's let them do their work.

:D

The media, especially the Orlando media, loves to jump all over the Mouse when given an opportunity. The mystery illness on the Magic... is it really a mystery. Yeah, sure, they've given it a name but think about it... this is flu season... I know of a bunch of people who have never been anywhere near a cruise ship who have recently gone a round or two with the same bug that's slapping some of the folks on the Magic around. Spoke with a close friend who happens to be an ER nurse up in the New England area... she advised they Magic bug is alive and well up her way... I would be curious to know what the incubation period for this particular virus happens to be... RN... are you an RN... can you advise? I suspect, while there may indeed be a bug on the Diz boat some of the sick passengers may have packed it with their suntan lotion an brought it with them. And besides... Disney is missing a great marketing opportunity here... these may be the only cruises ever where you can actually loose weight! Remember... always reach for the stars... you may not grab one but you'll never wind up with a fist full of mud either!

We are keeping this topic on the two exsiting threads already running on the Cruise board. Please feel free to visit those threads to continue this discussion. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter