11/30 Cancellation and trip insurance?

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
Curious what is happening to those that took Disney's trip insurance. How does that play into any compensation?

I ask this for future reference when setting up my next cruise.

Paul

I am curious about this too, as we have a cruise coming up this spring and just purchased insurance from CSA. As most insurance policies go, it isn't real clear to me IF they do cover any of this. I am going to call on Monday to find out for sure and if need be upgrade the policy to cover this type of eventuality. I am sure that different companies and different policies address this issue in entirely separate ways. I will post when I get a reply.

Cruise insurance covers money you lose, and if DCL is refunding the fare, which they are, then you aren't out the money. If it is a covered event, and surely it must be, then airfare, prepaid hotels etc. would be covered if you included it in the initial quote. (When I purchased through CSA I had to declare the total cost of all non refundable parts of the trip.) I don't know if DCL's own insurance covers airfare if you didn't book Disney air. Interesting question.......

I added the DCL insurance for our next cruise. I know you can get outside insurance - which some say is better to do, so I am looking into that. Does anyone know where you can get a copy of the insurance purchased through DCL? I want to compare what is covered and what isn't through different companies. I have tried accessing Disneycruise.com, but it keeps on freezing my computer :( Anyone know where the benefits/amounts are listed?

www.travelguard.com

Their Main Number is (866) 690-6858

Their claims number is (800) 826-3899

I have had previous cruise insurance with them, but am not sure what my DW did with the documents;).

Hope this helps!!!
:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter