12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
slindamood said:
That new wage will apply to middle and high school babysitters as well. I don't know what the rates are in your area, but it will be quite a shock to parents around here.

There's a minimum you have to pay teenage babysitters? :confused3
wide-eyed.gif

A guy took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game. They had
Great seats right behind their team's bench. After the game, he asked
Her how she liked the experience.
"Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants and
All the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were
Killing each other over 25 cents."
Dumbfounded, her date asked, "What do you mean?"

"Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of
The game, all they kept screaming was: 'Get the quarterback! Get
The quarterback!' I'm like...Helloooooo? It's only 25 cents !!!!"

87Heel said:
Well, friends, we have to get away from the post-election happiness/unhappiness (whatever your viewpoint, we're all geeks) and get posting. Another milestone on the way with very little effort. Maybe John1 will see 48,000 before the Cheetah Girls!

:moped:

BuzzBoyMom said:
Ken's Letter To Santa

Dear Santa,

I understand that one of my colleagues has petitioned you for changes in her contract, specifically asking for anatomical and
career changes. In addition, it is my understanding that disparaging remarks were made about me, my ability to please, and some of my fashion choices. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you of some issues concerning Ms. Barbie, and some of my own needs and desires.

First of all, I along with several other colleagues feel Barbie DOES NOT deserve preferential treatment - the witch has everything. Along with Joe, Jem, Raggedy Ann & Andy, I DO NOT have a dream house, corvette, evening gowns, and in some cases the ability to change our hair style. I personally have only 3 outfits which I am forced to mix and match at great length.

My decision to accessorize my outfits with an earring was my decision and reflects my lifestyle choice.

I too would like a change in my career. Have you ever considered "Decorator Ken," "Beauty Salon Ken," or "Out Of Work Actor Ken?" In addition, there are several other avenues which could be considered such as "S&M Ken," "Green Lantern Ken," "Circuit Ken," "Bear Ken," "Master Ken." These would more accurately reflect my desires and perhaps open up new markets. And as for Barbie needing bendable arms so she can "push me away," I need bendable knees so I can kick her to the curb.

In closing, I would like to point out that any further concessions to the blond bimbo from you know where will result in action be taken by myself and others. And Barbie can forget about having Joe - he's mine, at least that's what he said last night.

Sincerely,
Ken

OMG!!! :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Cough Syrup

The pharmacist walks into the store to find a guy leaning heavily against a

wall. He asks the blonde clerk "What's with that guy over there by the wall?"

The blonde clerk responds: "Well, he came in here this morning to get

something for his cough. I couldn't find the cough syrup, so I gave him

an entire bottle of laxative."

The pharmacist yells: "You idiot! You can't treat a cough with a laxative!"

The blonde clerk responds, "Of course you can! Look at him, he's afraid

to cough."

becka said:
They are raising ours to $6.50 up from $5.15. I am not opposed to them raising it to $6.50 because honestly most places are here are probably paying close to that as the minimum right now and $5.15 is really low. However, the proposition that passed also includes annual COLA adjustments tied to the nation inflation index each year. Which means that every year the minimum wage is going up and if times get tough (and businesses are already struggling) we could see double digit annual increases for those on minimum wage and nothing for everyone else - we will be lucky to keep our jobs. :sad2:

Wow. I'm not sure what our state minimum is, or even what the national minimum is. Most places around here start you with at least $7/hour, many at $8.

BuzzBoyMom said:
i feel like I'm those annoying commercials that ya have to get thru in order to get back to the real program.

i'm just brain dead from all the stresses at work and while I can certainly feel everyone's pain...i can't even begin to type my frustrations of politics in PA.

so....until someone asks me to stop...i'll just keep being the commercial break. I just hope no oneHoliday Eating Tips

1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table
knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave
immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. Like fine single-malt
scotch, it's rare. In fact, it's even rarer than single-malt scotch. You
can't find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it
has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into
an eggnog-aholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have
two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!

3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy.
Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed
potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or
whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car
with an automatic transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control
your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other
people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's.
You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the
time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while
carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like
frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself
near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the
center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave
them behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or, if
you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have
three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory
celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.

10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or
get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Reread tips; start
over, but hurry, January is just around the corner.

Remember this motto to live by:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride! has put me on their "ignore" list.. :rolleyes1
Sounds like rules to cruise by. :goodvibes

goofyforlife said:
From what i've gathered in various cookbooks...The crust is treated as just a topping not the thing itself...

Ex: Chicken pot pie topped with biscuits
Chicken pot pie with flaky crust
Chicken pot pie with cheese

So Brandi I guess our PA version would win...ie that pot pie itself has no crust but can and maybe shoud be topped with various bread substances or other ingredients.
I think that sounds about right!!!!

I like your new siggie!

pyramid2000 said:
Wow. I'm not sure what our state minimum is, or even what the national minimum is. Most places around here start you with at least $7/hour, many at $8.

The Jersey Shore is more of any abnomality through Caroline...

They have to pay more or else the kids would be on the beach instead of working....

Jhalkias said:
OK,

Didn't want to bring politics into the board, but guess what her DH is?

Yeah, it starts with the letter D.

So, we are more fair and balanced than Fox.

I will tell you, no matter how we are registered, we both vote for the best candidates, and rarely disagree on that. I vote for some R's, she votes for some D's.

The big exception was the last Presidential election - DS and I spent some quality time together in the safehouse.

John1
I was originally a R. I switched to D when I realized what I was doing!!! My DH is an IND. He said that it wasn't too committed!!! What a nut!!! Anyway...we both vote for the best candidate regardless of party!

goofyforlife said:
Cough Syrup

The pharmacist walks into the store to find a guy leaning heavily against a

wall. He asks the blonde clerk "What's with that guy over there by the wall?"

The blonde clerk responds: "Well, he came in here this morning to get

something for his cough. I couldn't find the cough syrup, so I gave him

an entire bottle of laxative."

The pharmacist yells: "You idiot! You can't treat a cough with a laxative!"

The blonde clerk responds, "Of course you can! Look at him, he's afraid

to cough."
Yep! Whatever works! :lmao:

MrsMork said:
Not sure, but I would allow a couple of weeks since it is Christmas shipping time. I am shipping wine, beads and pirate costumes to the resort. I plan to ship about 2 weeks before we arrive and we will be there 5 days so if it takes a bit longer it won't miss us. YIKES! That will mean ship Friday of NEXT WEEK!! Oh my. I better get my t-**** together! :rolleyes:

see...you just did the reaction I did earlier...Yikes!!! I'd better get everything boxed up and ready to ship soon.

pyramid2000 said:

Federal Minimum is $5.15 - has not changed for years, and yes, in this depressed area, people do work for that (and many of them are not High School Students). I don't think anyone was thinking about the kids - they voted it in due to the adults working at that wage . . .

On the news today, Pizza Hut is raising the price of their pizza $1 in Ohio to make up for the change, effective NOW.

John1

Off to Cheeeeeeeeeeetah soon . . .

Can you say Cheetahlicious?

Jhalkias said:
I am so so frustrated, but am beginning to feel like all I do is complain . . .

Thank you to everyone for your kind words, PD, and prayers, and for all of you in tough personal situations, V, slindamood, et. al. you have the same from me.

What is unfair is children have no say in this - a bunch of people with no children, and no regard for the children of their community have made this decision. The future for them is all contained in their own purses.

I start to think that EVERYTHING I am involved in is problems and heartache.

If when I show up at the port, they start telling people "I'm sorry, but we made a mistake and now you cannot cruise" you will know it is me . . .

I have to drown my sorrows tonight . . .

Can you say CHEEEEETAH?

Yeah, tonight we get to go see the Cheetah girls . . .

One extreme to the other.

John1
Have a good time at the concert...don't even think about all the bad stuff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter