12/7/10 Resort Christmas Decoration Hop

100acrewoodsfan

Mouseketeer
I am planning on a making a trip around to see the Christmas decorations at the resorts and would love to have any Disers who want to join me come along. My husband might join us for the morning but is going to head over to the ESPN club to watch the Avs Panthers game in the afternoon. My plan is to start at the Contempory and work my way around the monorail. Then head over to WL. From there catch the bus to HS and take the ferry to the resorts on the way to Epcot. I might possibly head into Epcot afterwards depeding on the time. If you would like to come for only part of the time that is fine. I am planning on stopping for lunch whenever we get hungry but am open to planning a meal if anyone would like.

My rough schedule (open to suggestions):

9:00 Contempory
10:00 Poly
11:00 Grand Floridian
12:00 Wilderness
1:00 Beach Club
2:00 Yacht Club
3:00 Boardwalk
4:00 Epcot?

a suggestion because of the resort layout
how about GF, Poly, Contemp and then WL?
thinking Contemp would be better either before/after WL?

Disney67 - Have a great trip!

Newholiday - Glad to have you come along!! I am really excited. I am open to changes but I'm not sure how your plan would work. Doesn't the monorail start at MK then go Contempory, Poly, then GF? I was thinking we would end back at MK and take the boat over to WL. Please correct me if I am wrong.

theres also a smaller boat going from Contemp to FW and WL
so monorail to contemp, boat to FW & WL, boat back to Contemp then continue on

I am planning on a making a trip around to see the Christmas decorations at the resorts and would love to have any Disers who want to join me come along. My husband might join us for the morning but is going to head over to the ESPN club to watch the Avs Panthers game in the afternoon. My plan is to start at the Contempory and work my way around the monorail. Then head over to WL. From there catch the bus to HS and take the ferry to the resorts on the way to Epcot. I might possibly head into Epcot afterwards depeding on the time. If you would like to come for only part of the time that is fine. I am planning on stopping for lunch whenever we get hungry but am open to planning a meal if anyone would like.

My rough schedule (open to suggestions):

9:00 Contempory
10:00 Poly
11:00 Grand Floridian
12:00 Wilderness
1:00 Beach Club
2:00 Yacht Club
3:00 Boardwalk
4:00 Epcot?

This sounds wonderful. I love the christmas decorations at WDW resorts.

I think that I might be able to do part of this tour.

I'll keep an eye on your thread as the time gets closer.

Have you been to these resorts during the holidays.

They are beautiful.

I like the boat trip from MK to WL, too.

Welcome to the group Ray! I'll give my cell number to anyone coming closer to time so that you can just call and catch up if you don't want to come from the beginning. I also made an adr at Kona for breakfast at 7:30 if anyone wants to join us. I have never had tonga toast and it is finally going to happen!

Hey guys I realized we didn't set a place to meet. Would in front of the ramp to the monorail (resort loop) work? Meeting up anywhere from 8:30 to 9:00 will work for us. If you have a preference just let me know. I am going to PM you with my phone number so that you can call if somethings comes up or we can't find each other. If anyone else wants to come we would love you have you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter