13.1 You Wish Upon A Star...a Tink Race and Mother's Day Trip Report! (complete)

I'm totally with you on RSR ... always worth the wait. Always.
(Also ... Cars Land is the best)

YES RSR!! So glad you got to do it!

I totally regret not seeing the moment when Cars Land lights up...I didn't realize it was a whole *thing*!

Ok, when I figure out how to magically transport myself to Cars Land tonight for the Sh Boom I will included y'all in my travel party.
I think it helped that we were sitting at the Cozy Cone which wasn't very busy right at that time. Sunday was super crowded in the parks as you all who were there know. So it was kinda peaceful and relaxing to just be sitting there listening to the music eating my night cheese :)

Ok, when I figure out how to magically transport myself to Cars Land tonight for the Sh Boom I will included y'all in my travel party.
I think it helped that we were sitting at the Cozy Cone which wasn't very busy right at that time. Sunday was super crowded in the parks as you all who were there know. So it was kinda peaceful and relaxing to just be sitting there listening to the music eating my night cheese :)
Is that a 30 Rock reference? :)

Is that a 30 Rock reference? :)

giphy.gif

Closing Down the Park

So we had just walked across from DCA over to Disneyland because it was going to be open until midnight and although I don't think we had any plans to stay that late...well...

For the most part all of the things still on our list to do were either in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland so when we arrived we went right. And the place was packed with the parade/fireworks crowd. So we kept right on the sidewalk and we saw that the big stable barn doors (near where the parade floats come in and out of) that I'd run past in the morning during my race were wide open.
Here's a daylight pic of it. Imagine it's dark and there's a million people.
11-03-14-DSC_8156.jpg

And they were funneling people through there to get to the lands so in we went :) Inside was a cute little path with ride posters on the walls and it seemed the carts that sell all that glowey stuff at night were stored there as well. Felt kind of fun and secret-ish.

Tomorrowland seemed pretty slammed with people which wasn't hugely surprising. We really wanted to go ride the submarine ride which is where we were headed but saw that Buzz had a FP return time not to far from now and so we grabbed them. I passed the lightsaber churro cart and the line was still insane so I sadly kept moving. I was more ride focused than food focused at this point. Submarines was only like a 20 min wait so we got in line. It's a slow moving loading and exit for sure so the line physically looked short but it felt a little long. We were talking with a family who had two little kiddos with them who were up past their bedtime and the poor dad had to rush to get kiddo #1 to the bathroom and back and we were kind of cheering on his speed at doing that. Made me miss my kiddo again for the thousandth time that day...but if she was with me there's 0% chance I'd still be in the park. So on with my night!
And then the fireworks started and we had a great view of them over the lagoon with the monorail going above us!
I didn't get a real pic so you'll have to pretend like this stock photo is mine.
c54b7527e647731c4c8499522494cf44.jpg

So that wasn't a bad way to get some bonus fireworks! Just as an aside...I love fireworks but hate fireworks crowds. So any chance I can get to just see them without the crowd hassle is a bonus.
I know a lot of people get super claustrophobic on this ride, but I actually really liked it. Probably because of nostalgia for riding it in WDW when I was little. I just leaned into my window and had fun looking around. Oddly enough submarines terrify me in real life (something about if I was in the water and one came up to the surface...shudder!) But being inside one at Disney is fine. I'm weird :)
I was sad there were no mermaids though like the original.

So then we headed to Buzz with our FP and practically walked on. I'd heard the ride was a little different here than WDW because of the laser-guns being unattached and OMG I LOVED IT! Can you tell I got really really really into it.
tr8.jpg

Bean was driving and spinning us and laughing the whole time while I was like bending backwards trying to hit Z's on the ceiling. Yeah...I'm not competitive at all ;)

We then debated what to do next because the second parade was going to be rolling through soon. I think Autopia was a maybe, but we decided to hit up some of the little fantasyland rides thinking there wouldn't be long waits. Storybook Canal boats were listing like a 5 or 10 min wait but when we got over there it was roped off and they said it was down for awhile due to the parade (womp womp), then Alice was same story (sad trombone.) Then Bean said "what about Dumbo"? It was open!
And then we recreated the last time we did a Disney trip together in the early 2000's when we left Mom & Dad at the hotel while we stayed up late in WDW Fantasyland. And back then we rode Dumbo and laughed about how we were riding it late at night with no kids....and here we were again...just a different park.
tr6.jpg
I can't decide which I like more...being way up high on this or dive bombing the little lit up pool down below. And although my legs were about to literally fall off I still managed to race to get the pink elephant. Yes, I'm 36.
After Dumbo there still wasn't a lot open nearby so we got into line for Mr. Toads to ride again when Bean saw Alice had opened on the app so we got out and rushed over. Alice is tops on both our lists and we really wanted to ride it again. The line was already like 20 min so I'm sure people were waiting in a line for the line. But that's ok because guess what rolled by for us to watch from the line?
tr1.jpg
MSEP! I finally got to watch it after all. It really felt nostalgic even though I'm sure my nostalgia was actually for spectromagic...I'm just happy there were no weird doll faced clown people like that parade had at WDW. Anyone remember those? Eek!
We actually managed to see the parade in almost its entirety by the time we got on our caterpillars. Beanie let me sit in front since I let her sit in front the day before. I still love this ride...and it was really fun at night since we got to go outside and could see lit up Mad Tea Party from up there.
By then my feet were just howling at me. I really was running on fumes. So we just kind of made our way through FL and down main street stopping along the way to give ourselves a foot break here and there. I think we both knew we were done for riding anything and it was fast approaching park closing anyways. Had I not ran a half marathon that morning I could have talked myself into a Peter Pan line fest or maybe Autopia, etc, but I was just done. We even forgot to ride Big Thunder.

But I got this lovely tea-cup that doesn't spin pic in front of a shop aka me stalling before I had to stand up and walk again.
tr2.jpg
I think we also did a sit break in front of the carousel too. And then we walked past the Sleeping Beauty walk-through and my brain just went "stairs are a nope" even though I'd really wanted to experience that this weekend. Just so many reasons to come back.
We stopped in front of the castle for a pic and the poor photo lady had to endure my shakey hands trying to get the photopass open and my brightness turned up to scan it and I was just a mess of being overly tired...like my brain forgot how to iphone.
r5.jpg
Sisters...barely standing but happy!tr7.jpg
Oh this is also a good way to see the shirt I got bean for Christmas. Hot Topic has some really cute Disney stuff. Who knew?

And then as we made our way past the hub I stopped for one more photopass (had to get my money's worth!) and I'm so glad that I did because this is one of my faves of the whole trip.
tr4.jpg
I love that this area was pretty much deserted and it captures my crazy long day and weekend perfectly. Plus I swear that gray stripe on the race jacket is slimming :)

I longingly stared at the Jolly Holiday bakery as we walked past it. I was so tired that I couldn't talk myself into walking over there to get a dessert (I'd secretly wanted to get an eclair or something) but I decided forward momentum was best at this point. I did stop for a fun pic with this guy...my selfie game hasn't really improved since the start of my trip.
tr3.jpg
And then we did the what now felt like a long walk to our hotel and crashed out without even thinking about packing up until the morning. Was an awesome day in total.
OMG I RAN A HALF MARATHON
Then we had Mother's Day Brunch
Then I got my pixie pic
We finally experienced Cars Land
And we shut down Disneyland
What a day :)

Last edited:

Two Flights and a Happy Homecoming

It's was finally Monday...our leaving day :(
Luckily I had the foresight not to book the earliest flights available and so we didn't need to leave for the airport right away. Bean & I were flying out of SNA on the same flight to Phoenix and then we'd split up for our final leg home. Roxymamamama had called the night before to the front desk and extended her stay in our room for one more night since her flight was the next morning. She had originally planned on staying at a small hotel by the airport but decided being near all the convenience of the market and eateries around us was a better choice. We did hear that she made a trek to Panera for lunch (a block or two down) and another restaurant for dinner and just enjoyed totally relaxing (no she didn't go back to the parks.)
So after cramming everything I'd bought into my suitcase along with my wings...it was time to call the Uber and really say bye bye to Disney. The Uber was free since we used a referral link so that was really nice.
As sad as we were to leave; well Mickey couldn't wait to meet my kiddo and I couldn't wait to see her and my hubby too!
tr1.jpg

The ride to the airport was a little longer than our first day because it was technically a work day in the morning for all those not on vacation. I guess another reason why I'm glad I didn't do the earlier flight...that would've been rush hour.
Security was a breeze and then our gate just happened to be next to the Starbucks. Thank you Beanie for breakfast! Tall Caramel machiatto and a chocolate croissant.
tr2.jpg
I had an A group for Southwest and Bean had an early B group. So I did not follow the proper etiquette and I saved her a seat. Only two people asked to sit by me and I said "my sister is sitting here" Sorry travel-gods, please don't smite me! It was not a full flight so we got our own row. And boy did we hit some bad turbulence (maybe that was the travel-gods!!!) And I don't know what is with me lately but I almost lost my breakfast.
Once off the flight and waiting at my gate for the next leg with Bean...it took me a long time to get my stomach settled. Thankfully we bought some dramamine which I've never used before and things started to settle down. I managed to eat part of a yogurt parfait but that was it. I said good bye to Beanie and then boarded my second leg and I was pretty much a drowsy person for the duration. I never fell asleep but I certainly wasn't fully awake. Watched a few episodes of Tiny House hunters right before we landed. I was so out of it that I didn't even notice we were landing until I hit the ground.
And then my people were there to pick me up and we were all so excited to see each other.

When I got home this was waiting for me!
tr3.jpg
Sneaky hubby had gotten prints of my pics that I texted him made for me along with my kiddo's school picture and my brother-in-law sent me flowers!!!
And then they gave me this!
tr4.jpg
That's a hand made from scratch (no box kit) cake that says mom on top. Kiddo added all the decorations. It was actually amazingly delicious. Even had chocolate ganache on it! Our family is obsessed with baking shows so this was just too much for me and I turned into a puddle of happy tears!

In the weeks following, kiddo has stolen all my ears and my wings.
tr5.jpg
And I've worn my jacket pretty much everywhere. Kinda hoping I run into rundisney people out in the wild so I can geek out with them.
tr6.jpg
And my hubby found me a shoe ornament that was sold out at the expo without me asking him to (not sure the where/what/how of it) but it's so cute I have to share. He's really racking up the hubby points right now.
tr7.jpg tr8.jpg tr9.jpg

So that's my trip report! Thank you for following along. Stay tuned for more Beanie bonus updates and See ya real soon!

Last edited:
I know a lot of people get super claustrophobic on this ride, but I actually really liked it. Probably because of nostalgia for riding it in WDW when I was little. I just leaned into my window and had fun looking around. Oddly enough submarines terrify me in real life (something about if I was in the water and one came up to the surface...shudder!)
I don't think this ride is for me, but the real reason for my comment is... Does your dislike of actual submarines correlate directly to your dislike of whales?? :rotfl2:

We stopped in front of the castle for a pic and the poor photo lady had to endure my shakey hands trying to get the photopass open and my brightness turned up to scan it and I was just a mess of being overly tired...like my brain forgot how to iphone.

This is a GREAT picture!

I'm so glad that I did because this is one of my faves of the whole trip.

^^^ what I said above + I LOVE this picture!

(I'd secretly wanted to get an eclair or something) but I decided forward momentum was best at this point.
There is no tried like half marathon in the morning and disney all day tired!! (Well I imagine that marathon, then disney would be tougher...)

When I got home this was waiting for me!
So sweet!!

And I've worn my jacket pretty much everywhere. Kinda hoping I run into rundisney people out in the wild so I can geek out with them
I am waiting to have this happen to me! Come at me runDisney peeps!

And my hubby found me a shoe ornament that was sold out at the expo
Again, so sweet! Love :love:

AMAZING trip report! Thanks so much for taking us all along! :) Your experience at Cars Land sounds pretty close to perfect. I can't wait to ride RSR! And your pictures with @AuntieBean in front of the castle is so cute (I love that Hot Topic shirt!). Go you for closing down Disneyland after running a half that same day! You've got some stamina girl!

Oh and yeah talk about husband points! I LOVE that he put together that collage of pictures from your trip. That is so sweet!!

I don't think this ride is for me, but the real reason for my comment is... Does your dislike of actual submarines correlate directly to your dislike of whales?? :rotfl2:

This is a GREAT picture!

^^^ what I said above + I LOVE this picture!

There is no tried like half marathon in the morning and disney all day tired!! (Well I imagine that marathon, then disney would be tougher...)

So sweet!!

I am waiting to have this happen to me! Come at me runDisney peeps!

Again, so sweet! Love :love:

Haha, my dislike of submarines correlates 100000.999% to my dislike for whales!

AMAZING trip report! Thanks so much for taking us all along! :) Your experience at Cars Land sounds pretty close to perfect. I can't wait to ride RSR! And your pictures with @AuntieBean in front of the castle is so cute (I love that Hot Topic shirt!). Go you for closing down Disneyland after running a half that same day! You've got some stamina girl!

Oh and yeah talk about husband points! I LOVE that he put together that collage of pictures from your trip. That is so sweet!!

I'm kinda sad my report is over...I wish I was there longer so I'd have more stuff to report. I'm not sure if it was stamina or stupidity but I'm still alive right now so it was worth it.
And yes, hubby points for days.

Carsland is so wonderful! (Thank you John Lasseter!!) Very happy you got to ride RSR Racers! I definitely got choked up running through there in the early AM of the DL half last year...those neon lights...sh boom sh boom!
Loved reading your trip report! Thanks for sharing the magic!

LOVED your report ! And go you for shutting down the park after the race. We were going to do that (and actually watch World of Color), but we just couldn't do it.

Major hubby points there though - and love that our disboard pic made the collage.

Carsland is so wonderful! (Thank you John Lasseter!!) Very happy you got to ride RSR Racers! I definitely got choked up running through there in the early AM of the DL half last year...those neon lights...sh boom sh boom!
Loved reading your trip report! Thanks for sharing the magic!

Yeah, I think carsland is a huge thing that differentiates WDW from DL enough to maybe/definitely want to come back again :)

Loved your trip report!!!

Thank you!!!

LOVED your report ! And go you for shutting down the park after the race. We were going to do that (and actually watch World of Color), but we just couldn't do it.

Major hubby points there though - and love that our disboard pic made the collage.

I never did watch World of Color (the whole standing thing probably wouldn't have worked out well for me) but just another thing to add to the list of next time things.
And yeah...I enjoyed my hubby's picture choices...especially the prominent placement of my mac n cheese cone!

Cute Time With Characters

Our Plaza Inn Brunch Continued... I think we got cute photos with almost every character. The only two that didn't come by were Max (Goofy's Son) and Rafiki that were mostly visiting people outside. Chip and Dale did visit us the most yay!. I like that they come to your table and you don't have to hunt them down.

Chip made lots of motions that his belly was empty and he was hungry but he was polite and didn't steal Roxymama's bacon.

IMG_6201.JPG

Captain didn't steal the Tink medal even though he clearly admired it greatly...

IMG_6202.JPG

Winnie thought the medal was as beautiful golden as honey!

IMG_6204.JPG

And then he was so adorable - I love these next to photos so much :)

IMG_6205.JPG

IMG_6206.JPG

Eeyore was messing with the people at the table behind us but I couldn't see exactly what he was doing - they were laughing a lot and one lady kept saying "Hey! Heyyyyy!" He definitely was sassy with us - this first photo looks so sweet but Roxymama said that Eeyore was making silly kissy noises at them....

IMG_6207.JPG

And then smooshed their faces into his nose!

IMG_6208.JPG

I was trying to look melancholy or glum in this photo but it turned out more serene I think. My least goofy photo of the trip!

IMG_6209.JPG

Roxymamamama just looks so happy here!

IMG_6210.JPG

But this next photo is the best so I saved it for last - happy faces all around and the Fairy Godmother was just so lovely and kind.

IMG_6211.JPG

Okay, you're officially making me want to go to Disneyland to run a race.

Seriously, it sounds like such a wonderful trip and a great first half experience. I'm glad you had such a great time and I enjoyed reading all about it and seeing the pictures!

Fantastic trip report!!! I am SO PROUD of you!! Really happy that you such a great weekend and you smashed that half marathon! You are so speedy!

Your race photos are great, you look so happy in all of them. The last night sounds like great fun and I can totally empathise with the over tired sore feet feeling!

Your hubby is adorable, the photo frame, cake and the shoe are all so thoughtful.

Reading this has made me even more keen to visit California, I think realistically it’s going to be 2019 for us but it IS going to happen. I also really enjoyed reading input from both you and @AuntieBean, Rachel was saying that she’d like to input in our next trip report but that’s mainly because I take AGES to update lol :oops:

I’m going to go catch up on your journal now :D

...Oddly enough submarines terrify me in real life (something about if I was in the water and one came up to the surface...shudder!) But being inside one at Disney is fine. I'm weird :)
I was sad there were no mermaids though like the original.

I build US Navy submarines for a living, LOL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!