14 day australian disneyland ticket vs park hopper + extra days

Wow that is a great deal. Unfortunately I have already bought our 14 day pass via the travel agent.

Expedia also has Universal and Legoland tickets - do you think it is a good idea to buy these before you go or can you pick up cheaper deals once over there?

With the Legoland and Universal passes get on Ebay (US), alot of people on there list coupons to get VERY big discounts on tickets.

Excellent, I'm glad I haven't bought our passes at Flight Centre yet. I did the calculations on buying a deluxe AP for me and my husband, and we should be a couple of hundred dollars at least ahead seeing as we'll be there for 2 weeks, and no blockout dates. I bought mine a couple of months ago and have been trying since last night to buy the other but the website won't accept either of our credit cards for some reason. Will buy the kids' passes off Expedia.

I went to flight center today they beat the price by $1 do they not give vouchers anymore? I didnt think to ask till we were on the way home and i said to DH they didnt give us a voucher. only got 2 and if they dont give you a voucher i will just get the rest from expedia.

Disney passes are listed on Expedia again, although the 14 day ones are not on the New Zealand site.

(edited to add): The New Zealand Expedia site says that the 14 day passes are available only to Australians and that proof of residency will be required when redeeming the vouchers.

Kiwianna, you are a gem:littleangel: Thanks for posting this, I bought our 14 days parkhoppers from Expedia last night for 3 adults and 1 child and saved over $130 from what our TA quoted. I used Expedia for DL tickets last time we went and it was too, too easy!

Thanks again, Liz

i contacted our Flight Centre TA last night and asked if they price match...

this is what i got:

Yes that is not a problem, we can beat it by $1 per person plus we will give you a $20 voucher each to spend in our store on your next purchase!
So our total would be $473.70.

Like Expedia, these tickets would need to be paid in full, and they would be non refundable and non changeable.

I hope this helps!

she told me that she would issue vouchers & we just have to present the vouchers at the ticket booth at DLR and redeem for the actual tickets.

yay. so tonight we'll discuss discounted 14 day hoppers vs 1 AP + 14 day hopper :) will let you know what i decide.

:thumbsup2i just called flight center and they are doing me up the $20 vouchers. TA was very apologetic that she forgot them.

:thumbsup2i just called flight center and they are doing me up the $20 vouchers. TA was very apologetic that she forgot them.

yay for you!!! glad they honoured it :)

i'm still going back and forth on the 2 x 14 day hoppers vs 1 x 14 day hopper + 1 deluxe AP :confused3

Hi. I travelled to Disneyland in December 2011. I purchased 3 x 14 day vacation passes from Flight Centre at a total cost of $680.00AUD ($227 roughly). I rang around first, got the best quote and then flight centre beat it. It was definitely a park hopper. We visited both parks, sometimes multiple entries into both parks on some days and still got 1 magic morning included. I just checked the 2012/2012 Qantas America brochure online and they sell it for $289 each (plus it clearly states that it is a park hopper). Hope this helps you. Regards

aichmeister -- thanks for the confirmation

finally got confirmation back from the TA -- i know they work hard, but it's been a week or so -- and she confirmed the hopper part as well.

so we've all learnt something.

still trying to toss up 2 x 14 day hoppers vs 1 x hopper + 1 deluxe AP.

so far there are no discounts for our hotel for AP according to my dreams unlimited TA, so no huge savings there, and we don't spend that much on food/drink/tours so it may not actually benefit us... unless an AP discount applies to cruises as well?????

You should get minimum 10% off Disney hotels with your AP, and the discount may go up closer to the date and they will change it to the new rate - I rang up and booked directly and the CM applied the 10% discount.

For us it makes sense to buy 1 deluxe AP and 14 day passes for the rest of the family - but that is based on 5 people over 14 days. We should end up a few hundred dollars ahead (not including merchandise discount as currently this oly goes until May). Do the calculations, when you add in tours and 10% off the hotel you may end up ahead with one AP.

Has anyone upgraded these passes to an Annual pass?
Now that we are going back to LA I am thinking that i should buy the rest of the tickets except DH's as Annual passes but would need to upgrade the tickets i already have.
There will be 2 Saturdays we cant use whilst we are there but i am fine with going and doing the other things the kids want to do on those days anyway.

The only problem i see with doing this will be the fact that i know i will want to go back before they expire:rotfl2:

I just got a quote from my TA today and didn't know until now that you could even get a 14 day pass, so excited that you can. We're looking to go in December and for 2 adults and 2 children it averages at NZ$317 per person. So good to read that it is a park hopper, so thanks for posting that. Can I just clarify that it does expire 13 days after first use? So you can use it every day for a fortnight and then that's it? I want to split my Disneyland visit into 2 sections, go when it is busy round Christmas / New Year and then come back around 8th Jan to get a quieter time.

I just got a quote from my TA today and didn't know until now that you could even get a 14 day pass, so excited that you can. We're looking to go in December and for 2 adults and 2 children it averages at NZ$317 per person. So good to read that it is a park hopper, so thanks for posting that. Can I just clarify that it does expire 13 days after first use? So you can use it every day for a fortnight and then that's it? I want to split my Disneyland visit into 2 sections, go when it is busy round Christmas / New Year and then come back around 8th Jan to get a quieter time.

Yep, the pass is only valid for 14 days, so from the first day you use it, it will expire 14 days later. I will say though, that on day 15, my DS got in with it at the GCH entrance. It kept beeping as though it wasn't valid and she could see that it was a 14 day pass and we hadn't used it for 14 days so she just revalidated it and it worked. We were not there for a full day as it was the day we flew out and we just went for our last day in the park and it came up invalid. I didn't even think that it wouldn't work, I had miscalculated and thought being there 14 nights the pass was enough, but it was 15 days. Derr! Anyway I must have got someone lovely because she just fixed it at the gate, didn't have to pay any extra :woohoo:

So technically they are a 14 day pass, they expire in 14 days, but I have had a little disney magic and used it for 15 days. But I wouldn't go banking on doing that. I wouldn't have thought to do it if I hadn't done it in error.

hey all, well i ordered my 14 day pass today & paid last night, so will post pics etc for those who are interested when i get it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter