MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

Yes we can still be friends::yes:: We enjoyed watching the F1 documentary on Netflix- did you see it? I really like all these “new” young drivers. Did you ever watch the original TV movie Anne of Green Gables? The actress who played Anne was Megan Follows(80’s). It was such a great rendition of the book. Interesting side note I was one of her camp councillors in the early 80’s. We thought she was such a sweet kid!!!

I did see the documentary......anything F1 we lap up.....no pun intended......lol......yes, there are some excellent young drivers coming up......we are very impressed with a young Brit called George Russell.....he has a maturity beyond his years......and in a few years we’re sure he’ll make his mark.

I can’t think if I ever saw that movie you mentioned, I’ll look out for it though, and how lovely you actually knew her at camp! It’s nice to hear she was so nice.......

I've been out of the loop a bit..... the food pictures you posted a few days ago, yum. Made me crave a club sandwich. I was so jealous of that great food until I remembered you aren't eating it either...(insert evil laugh) duh. Love the new title.

I've been out of the loop a bit..... the food pictures you posted a few days ago, yum. Made me crave a club sandwich. I was so jealous of that great food until I remembered you aren't eating it either...(insert evil laugh) duh. Love the new title.

Wondered where you were.....:flower3:

That club sandwich is a very good sandwich!!! Oh love a good evil laugh......I seem to be using mine a lot more recently with some things I`m being told..... ::yes::

Thanks......it may change again of course, but for now it`s a Christmas trip report......but, good to see you.......:wave2:

Love the new trip report title! And I'm so glad you all are getting away next month. Would it be too much to ask for you to do a little trip report for the Scotland trip? I have never been and would love to go one day! Fingers crossed for you that the December trip will be a go!

Hello Cara......

So good to see you post! Hope things are doing good for you right now.....always glad to see you pop in.....

I will take some pictures if we venture around, this trip is mainly to spend time with family and friends and most of that seems to be revolving around going out for meals right now.....lol.....but hopefully we`ll get a day where we wander out with just mum and us. She`ll enjoy a day out if we get nice weather.

But, here`s a couple from our last trip up there which was in August I believe......we leave two weeks tomorrow for this little visit.......

First couple are from near loch Lomond......one of the prettiest places on earth.

The 3rd is of the view I had as a child growing up, our house was a two minute walk away from the shore as we called it......the beach we are on there isn`t far from where our home was. I love going back then wandering further up.....I just remembered actually, as a young child I believed the sun lived behind that Island (behind Tom`s head) at night as that was where it set, I would watch it slowly disappear and think that was the sun going to bed.....lol....funny how you forget things like that.

The West coast is full of Islands off the mainland.....gorgeous. We live on the East Coast now and you just look out to sea and nothing else, not as pretty a view.

The last one is much further up, we don`t go up there often as it`s so far.

The waters are crystal clear and I could spend hours on the shore of the Lochs and the sea.....you`d never guess I really don`t like water......lol......

You`d love Scotland.......so many different places and different type`s of scenery, and the friendliest people in the world........except that one guy of course.......but, there`s always one.......:rotfl:

IMG_6909-X2.jpg

IMG_0739-XL.jpg

IMG_6992-X2.jpg

20190626_130438-X2.jpg

If you shared those Scotland pics before I had forgotten, simply beautiful.

Thanks Minnie.....I`m not sure I did post them, or it might have been just on the San thread.

Yes, Scotland is stunning and so many wonderful and unique places to visit. Glad you liked them....... :wave2:

Well.......here we are again.

It`s been quite a week in the Schumi household.......nothing major, but just some nice little things including one of my best friends getting her new Springer Spaniel puppy from the breeder now she`s old enough.

Poppy is the cutest thing around!!!! But, despite seeing a little glint in Tom`s eye I firmly said no to any new additions in our home.......:dog2: We like to just take off when we want and don`t want anything to complicate our travel plans.....and a dog would certainly do that for us!

I spent some time this past week catching up with some friends from Florida..... And always nice to have a good chat too.......and good to know they`re all doing ok. And always funny to find out what a small world it is......::yes::

Scotland on the 23rd looks to be going ahead, no restrictions added so far for us to travel up there. It`s around a 7-8 hour drive, maybe less depending on traffic and how often we stop.....very much looking forward to it unless they change the rules of travel by then!! Hope not......hotel is booked, restaurants are booked for dinner including Tom`s birthday dinner.....

Not much else going on really. Being able to see friends again last weeks has been wonderful.....we miss each other a lot and it was just a little too long to go without seeing any of them....but, we`re all in the same boat.

I honestly don`t pay much attention to numbers of cases around....I`m never sure how much we can trust the figures, but where we are isn`t too bad right now.

I do hope wherever you all are in the world it`s not as bad as it was.....so many borders still closed and travel restrictions still in place......it`s been one tough year for everyone.

So, looking forward and some of the places we plan to visit......we have so many places in Universal Orlando we love a lot, we truly are spoiled for choice at times with the offerings available to us. But, we do like to get out and about and enjoy many places around Orlando and beyond.

We don`t have most of the chains you have in the UK, and normally I`d agree in the UK we avoid chains as a rule, much preferring to go to local and independent places. Where we live we have lots of independent pubs and restaurants that all serve locally produced dishes in general, those are the best types of places...although we do have Starbucks too......lol......not in our village as we are much too sleepy a place to have one, but they are in the nearby towns.

So, one place we discovered several years back is Yellow Dogs Eat.......I`m not even sure who told us about it, it`s usually friends from the hotels who mention out of the way places they know we`ll love.

i-QqNQdd4-X2.jpg

It`s in Gotha, up in Windermere and doesn`t take long to get there at all........it sits in a beautful little town that doesn`t see a lot of tourists at all. One of the first times we went, a local we met in the car park and got chatting to asked us not to tell anyone about this place as they like it as it is.......sure.....lol......

It`s not a tourist spot at all, very local and seems to have a lot of hospital workers use it during the day. The front door is usually for folks who are getting take out, the main car park is round behind the building, with extra parking in an area across the street.

We`ve never needed to use that one, but I`m guessing at night it does get busy, we`ve only ever gone at lunchtimes, but it is open till 9pm I believe and they do have live music on then too.

There is plenty of space in this parking area during the day.......

i-ZhP8GbS-X2.jpg

There are fans everywhere out here, but any time we have visited, it`s been boiling hot....and varying degrees of customers......but usually there always a fair amount of people enjoying the lovely food on offer.

i-XMTjDjf-X2.jpg

i-b3TRwm9-X2.jpg

i-ZHTZ9m9-X2.jpg

I can absolutely see this place bouncing at night with folks having fun......:cheer2:

i-Lb6X9hF-X2.jpg

It is very much an outdoor place to eat, that`s where most of the seating is.......but, we find it far too hot to eat outside during the day especially......so we eat inside.

But, there are only a few tables inside so it`s just your luck if there is a table available.....fortunately for us most Floridians enjoy eating alfresco.......

Rustic is the perfect description of this place......it is unique and such a nice place to visit......the owner who we`ve now met a few times is an original and such a cool guy....his concept is just to have fun with food and make folks welcome....and it works.

You look at the many menu`s on the table (pre Covid-19) and then order at the counter.....of course I imagine it`s different now.

You hear the owner announce your order with a funny anecdote about your name or your order.....he is very clever and it`s funny to listen to him come up with something different every time....

i-NBpRdph-X2.jpg

They do have about 6 seats at the bar too, and we did once eat there too....staff are very casual, but make you feel welcome, and being a stranger makes them even friendlier......

One of the guys who worked there on one visit came from the UK and he used to work in a tourist area called the Lake District and worked in a pub we had once been in many years before and knew several places he had lived and also recognised a "local" worthy that everyone knew in one of the towns......such a small world.

Strangely enough it happened this week too.......we spoke to someone who knew someone we met once and weirdly each of us had the same opinion of that person.....lol......but it`s amazing what a small world it really is!!!! Interesting though.

i-pv7rDfP-X2.jpg

Yep, the tables that you see are all the tables there are inside, I think it could be described as cosy!!!

There is an upstairs area with tables, but we`ve never been up there.....

i-NhBp8mm-X2.jpg

The food is off the wall different here......sandwiches mainly but not as you know them!!!

Have to admit the one below is the one I usually have.....except the first time where I have no clue what it was as I cannot find the picture......but this is the Rufus which is pulled pork topped with thick brie, cherry peppers, with raspberry melba and topped with their own BBQ sauce.....I got extra jalapeno`s and no potato stick topping......it is gorgeous!!!!

i-ntwJnzk-X2.jpg

Tom always varies his sandwich and this one is the classic yellow dog club, mesquite roasted turkey , smoked gouda cheese, pecan-smoked bacon, cucumber, crisp leaf lettuce and orange Cointreau mayo which he omits for regular mayo and again, amazing sandwich.

The one below they don`t do any more, but it`s a black forest ham based sandwich and so tasty.

i-rhCqXDB-X2.jpg

i-pdLnFDN-X2.jpg

He did have the ribs once, and they were good once you past the appearance, we thought they were overdone, but they really weren`t.

All their food is served with a side of coleslaw and a bag of potato chips....you really don`t need them as food is so filling......but there are loads of options for side dishes and some specials on the board daily too.......their potato salad is a little different, but nice.

i-HMjfkQb-X2.jpg

Between the bar area and their chilled fridge, I have never in my entire life seen such a collection of beers......hadn`t heard of the vast majority of them, and they all looked so nice to try......and I`m not a beer drinker.

i-ssKQmG9-X2.jpg

Dessert is another thing they excel in.....and this coconut cake is one of the nicest I have ever tasted......they are all light, but dense at the same time.....I couldn`t have finished one slice after a sandwich, so we share....

i-XXq8pGj-X2.jpg

They have a lovely selection and I`ve never managed to try a piece of the orange Dreamsicle cake which sounds and looks divine......and I think Kyle would love their Motherfudgin chocolate cake.......❤

i-zMrsH3K-X2.jpg

i-GPMxRrf-X2.jpg

i-MSkWvpZ-X2.jpg

One we have tried and loved is their butter bar......oh my goodness!!!! This was amazingly good.......buttery, sweet and almost caramel like.....one of the nicest cakes I`ve ever tasted.

i-qvfLGLJ-X2.jpg

i-wB8GgMK-X2.jpg

The theme of the place is dogs....and people post pictures of their dogs and send postcards from wherever they are from....and write on the walls too which is encouraged and a little odd to my clean and tidy mind that screams internally at vandalism......lol.....but it`s all good.

And they even let folks post cat pictures if they want......why I`m not sure, but....not a cat person at all......:cat:.....well....they can be cute.....but they`ll never be dog cute......

i-W87NcR5-X2.jpg

i-k8nDqKh-X2.jpg

Drinks can be ordered at the bar and they have a machine if you just want refillable sodas, again, pre covid, I have no idea what they will be doing now.

i-737HDjv-X2.jpg

They have a good range of their own products including mugs and tees which are all quite good quality.

i-Wgqt932-X2.jpg

And the second highlight after the food here is you can buy their own amazingly wonderful and incredibly tasty sauces. I think we have had them all over the few years we`ve been visiting here....they are so heavy to get back home though!!

i-9bP9mjR-X2.jpg

i-TQgrcfx-X2.jpg

So, that`s Yellow Dog Eats. They also have one at New Smyrna Beach, but we`ve never gone to that one. It has as good a reputation as this one does......

I`m sure this is another place we`ll visit regardless of when that will be......

It`s funny as folks are feeling so bad about trips not happening and all that`s going on in the world, we are actually feeling incredibly positive right now about things in general......if we don`t fly in December, it`s not the end of the world.....next year will be a whole new ball game.....even if masks are still part of that we`ll manage.

Being a positive person certainly has it`s advantages......there are so many people around who want to bring you down or stamp on your parade, but I am so lucky my family and friends are all healthy right now that I have a lot to be thankful for.

The Dis is generally a lovely place to post and I am fortunate to have made many friends over the years.....so that`s one of the reasons I keep this going.......

And I love the pm`s!!!!! ::yes::

Will be back soon with another update.......and thanks to another suggestion from the lovely worfiedoodles.......come September I think we need to do a "Best of pictures" from HHN over the years.........🎃

I think I need to credit Maria as co-writer or something as she has come up with some lovely ideas......:thumbsup2

Till next time folks......thank you for still reading along and I hope all is well in your own little corner of the world.......:hug:

cv2099-M.jpg

Carole- Loving the pictures of Scotland and the food (Florida). Keep your pre-trip reports coming. Have a wonderful time on your vacation - can’t wait to hear all about your adventures.:flower:
Brenda

Thanks Brenda.......we are so looking forward to going up there, we leave next Monday......I thought it was Sunday.....lol....got my dates mixed up! Hoping they don`t apply restrictions in the next week and we can still travel.

Yep, plan to keep it going......I love looking back over all our trips.....goodness I have soooooooooo many pictures!!!! And I love the chatter here from everyone....it`s nice.......

Good to see you Brenda, hope you`re doing well and having a lovely weekend... :wave2:

Thanks Brenda.......we are so looking forward to going up there, we leave next Monday......I thought it was Sunday.....lol....got my dates mixed up! Hoping they don`t apply restrictions in the next week and we can still travel.

Yep, plan to keep it going......I love looking back over all our trips.....goodness I have soooooooooo many pictures!!!! And I love the chatter here from everyone....it`s nice.......

Good to see you Brenda, hope you`re doing well and having a lovely weekend... :wave2:
Thanks Carole:hug:
Safe travels

Well.......here we are again.

It`s been quite a week in the Schumi household.......nothing major, but just some nice little things including one of my best friends getting her new Springer Spaniel puppy from the breeder now she`s old enough.

Poppy is the cutest thing around!!!! But, despite seeing a little glint in Tom`s eye I firmly said no to any new additions in our home.......:dog2: We like to just take off when we want and don`t want anything to complicate our travel plans.....and a dog would certainly do that for us!

I spent some time this past week catching up with some friends from Florida..... And always nice to have a good chat too.......and good to know they`re all doing ok. And always funny to find out what a small world it is......::yes::

Scotland on the 23rd looks to be going ahead, no restrictions added so far for us to travel up there. It`s around a 7-8 hour drive, maybe less depending on traffic and how often we stop.....very much looking forward to it unless they change the rules of travel by then!! Hope not......hotel is booked, restaurants are booked for dinner including Tom`s birthday dinner.....

Not much else going on really. Being able to see friends again last weeks has been wonderful.....we miss each other a lot and it was just a little too long to go without seeing any of them....but, we`re all in the same boat.

I honestly don`t pay much attention to numbers of cases around....I`m never sure how much we can trust the figures, but where we are isn`t too bad right now.

I do hope wherever you all are in the world it`s not as bad as it was.....so many borders still closed and travel restrictions still in place......it`s been one tough year for everyone.

So, looking forward and some of the places we plan to visit......we have so many places in Universal Orlando we love a lot, we truly are spoiled for choice at times with the offerings available to us. But, we do like to get out and about and enjoy many places around Orlando and beyond.

We don`t have most of the chains you have in the UK, and normally I`d agree in the UK we avoid chains as a rule, much preferring to go to local and independent places. Where we live we have lots of independent pubs and restaurants that all serve locally produced dishes in general, those are the best types of places...although we do have Starbucks too......lol......not in our village as we are much too sleepy a place to have one, but they are in the nearby towns.

So, one place we discovered several years back is Yellow Dogs Eat.......I`m not even sure who told us about it, it`s usually friends from the hotels who mention out of the way places they know we`ll love.

i-QqNQdd4-X2.jpg

It`s in Gotha, up in Windermere and doesn`t take long to get there at all........it sits in a beautful little town that doesn`t see a lot of tourists at all. One of the first times we went, a local we met in the car park and got chatting to asked us not to tell anyone about this place as they like it as it is.......sure.....lol......

It`s not a tourist spot at all, very local and seems to have a lot of hospital workers use it during the day. The front door is usually for folks who are getting take out, the main car park is round behind the building, with extra parking in an area across the street.

We`ve never needed to use that one, but I`m guessing at night it does get busy, we`ve only ever gone at lunchtimes, but it is open till 9pm I believe and they do have live music on then too.

There is plenty of space in this parking area during the day.......

i-ZhP8GbS-X2.jpg

There are fans everywhere out here, but any time we have visited, it`s been boiling hot....and varying degrees of customers......but usually there always a fair amount of people enjoying the lovely food on offer.

i-XMTjDjf-X2.jpg

i-b3TRwm9-X2.jpg

i-ZHTZ9m9-X2.jpg

I can absolutely see this place bouncing at night with folks having fun......:cheer2:

i-Lb6X9hF-X2.jpg

It is very much an outdoor place to eat, that`s where most of the seating is.......but, we find it far too hot to eat outside during the day especially......so we eat inside.

But, there are only a few tables inside so it`s just your luck if there is a table available.....fortunately for us most Floridians enjoy eating alfresco.......

Rustic is the perfect description of this place......it is unique and such a nice place to visit......the owner who we`ve now met a few times is an original and such a cool guy....his concept is just to have fun with food and make folks welcome....and it works.

You look at the many menu`s on the table (pre Covid-19) and then order at the counter.....of course I imagine it`s different now.

You hear the owner announce your order with a funny anecdote about your name or your order.....he is very clever and it`s funny to listen to him come up with something different every time....

i-NBpRdph-X2.jpg

They do have about 6 seats at the bar too, and we did once eat there too....staff are very casual, but make you feel welcome, and being a stranger makes them even friendlier......

One of the guys who worked there on one visit came from the UK and he used to work in a tourist area called the Lake District and worked in a pub we had once been in many years before and knew several places he had lived and also recognised a "local" worthy that everyone knew in one of the towns......such a small world.

Strangely enough it happened this week too.......we spoke to someone who knew someone we met once and weirdly each of us had the same opinion of that person.....lol......but it`s amazing what a small world it really is!!!! Interesting though.

i-pv7rDfP-X2.jpg

Yep, the tables that you see are all the tables there are inside, I think it could be described as cosy!!!

There is an upstairs area with tables, but we`ve never been up there.....

i-NhBp8mm-X2.jpg

The food is off the wall different here......sandwiches mainly but not as you know them!!!

Have to admit the one below is the one I usually have.....except the first time where I have no clue what it was as I cannot find the picture......but this is the Rufus which is pulled pork topped with thick brie, cherry peppers, with raspberry melba and topped with their own BBQ sauce.....I got extra jalapeno`s and no potato stick topping......it is gorgeous!!!!

i-ntwJnzk-X2.jpg

Tom always varies his sandwich and this one is the classic yellow dog club, mesquite roasted turkey , smoked gouda cheese, pecan-smoked bacon, cucumber, crisp leaf lettuce and orange Cointreau mayo which he omits for regular mayo and again, amazing sandwich.

The one below they don`t do any more, but it`s a black forest ham based sandwich and so tasty.

i-rhCqXDB-X2.jpg

i-pdLnFDN-X2.jpg

He did have the ribs once, and they were good once you past the appearance, we thought they were overdone, but they really weren`t.

All their food is served with a side of coleslaw and a bag of potato chips....you really don`t need them as food is so filling......but there are loads of options for side dishes and some specials on the board daily too.......their potato salad is a little different, but nice.

i-HMjfkQb-X2.jpg

Between the bar area and their chilled fridge, I have never in my entire life seen such a collection of beers......hadn`t heard of the vast majority of them, and they all looked so nice to try......and I`m not a beer drinker.

i-ssKQmG9-X2.jpg

Dessert is another thing they excel in.....and this coconut cake is one of the nicest I have ever tasted......they are all light, but dense at the same time.....I couldn`t have finished one slice after a sandwich, so we share....

i-XXq8pGj-X2.jpg

They have a lovely selection and I`ve never managed to try a piece of the orange Dreamsicle cake which sounds and looks divine......and I think Kyle would love their Motherfudgin chocolate cake.......❤

i-zMrsH3K-X2.jpg

i-GPMxRrf-X2.jpg

i-MSkWvpZ-X2.jpg

One we have tried and loved is their butter bar......oh my goodness!!!! This was amazingly good.......buttery, sweet and almost caramel like.....one of the nicest cakes I`ve ever tasted.

i-qvfLGLJ-X2.jpg

i-wB8GgMK-X2.jpg

The theme of the place is dogs....and people post pictures of their dogs and send postcards from wherever they are from....and write on the walls too which is encouraged and a little odd to my clean and tidy mind that screams internally at vandalism......lol.....but it`s all good.

And they even let folks post cat pictures if they want......why I`m not sure, but....not a cat person at all......:cat:.....well....they can be cute.....but they`ll never be dog cute......

i-W87NcR5-X2.jpg

i-k8nDqKh-X2.jpg

Drinks can be ordered at the bar and they have a machine if you just want refillable sodas, again, pre covid, I have no idea what they will be doing now.

i-737HDjv-X2.jpg

They have a good range of their own products including mugs and tees which are all quite good quality.

i-Wgqt932-X2.jpg

And the second highlight after the food here is you can buy their own amazingly wonderful and incredibly tasty sauces. I think we have had them all over the few years we`ve been visiting here....they are so heavy to get back home though!!

i-9bP9mjR-X2.jpg

i-TQgrcfx-X2.jpg

So, that`s Yellow Dog Eats. They also have one at New Smyrna Beach, but we`ve never gone to that one. It has as good a reputation as this one does......

I`m sure this is another place we`ll visit regardless of when that will be......

It`s funny as folks are feeling so bad about trips not happening and all that`s going on in the world, we are actually feeling incredibly positive right now about things in general......if we don`t fly in December, it`s not the end of the world.....next year will be a whole new ball game.....even if masks are still part of that we`ll manage.

Being a positive person certainly has it`s advantages......there are so many people around who want to bring you down or stamp on your parade, but I am so lucky my family and friends are all healthy right now that I have a lot to be thankful for.

The Dis is generally a lovely place to post and I am fortunate to have made many friends over the years.....so that`s one of the reasons I keep this going.......

And I love the pm`s!!!!! ::yes::

Will be back soon with another update.......and thanks to another suggestion from the lovely worfiedoodles.......come September I think we need to do a "Best of pictures" from HHN over the years.........🎃

I think I need to credit Maria as co-writer or something as she has come up with some lovely ideas......:thumbsup2

Till next time folks......thank you for still reading along and I hope all is well in your own little corner of the world.......:hug:

cv2099-M.jpg
Aww shucks, Carole! You are so sweet! I love that you’ve decided to incorporate a few of my suggestions 🥰 Your PTR is such a source of positivity and joy, I’m for any way we can help you keep it going!

These are indeed strange times. We should all do our part to bring the Happy! 😃

Yellow Dog looks like a very nice, casual place to relax and enjoy lunch. I’ve no doubt it is hopping with locals in the evenings.

I’m sure your friend’s new puppy is beyond adorable! How fun to be able to visit and play without committing to 24/7 care. Best of both worlds for you 😊

I’m very much looking forward to the Best of HHN! 👻

Aww shucks, Carole! You are so sweet! I love that you’ve decided to incorporate a few of my suggestions 🥰 Your PTR is such a source of positivity and joy, I’m for any way we can help you keep it going!

These are indeed strange times. We should all do our part to bring the Happy! 😃

Yellow Dog looks like a very nice, casual place to relax and enjoy lunch. I’ve no doubt it is hopping with locals in the evenings.

I’m sure your friend’s new puppy is beyond adorable! How fun to be able to visit and play without committing to 24/7 care. Best of both worlds for you 😊

I’m very much looking forward to the Best of HHN! 👻

Thanks Maria.......always good to be among happy and positive folks like the ones on here.......:hug:

Yep, YDE is very local and we keep meaning to go up in the evening, but never got around to it, maybe one day we`ll manage and it`ll be a car service I think for that!!!

Oh gosh yes, the puppy is adorable......and yes, will love when we get the chance to look after her now and again....but will be happy to hand her back.....

Definitley in September will begin the best of HHN.......you do have the best ideas!!!

Yay!! It will be so much fun to get away...I can't wait to go somewhere, anywhere!! Looking forward to hearing about it, I hope you will share here!

although we do have Starbucks too.

I don't even like the coffee at Starbucks that much, but I love collecting the mugs lol

This is very Brittish lol...first time in the UK I waited forever at the table until I realized you are supposed to get up and order at the bar lol

So, that`s Yellow Dog Eats.

Yum!! Everything looked so good and the place looked so cute!!!

know when I mention wanting to visit Seattle everyone looks at me funny......lol....not sure why!
Seattle sounds lovely- will post pics when we go next month, I’ve never been either. Although our trip is to help move Alysa out to grad school I’ve told them I need a day to explore a bit. We loved Portland Oregon a few years ago. The Pacific Northwest is gorgeous.
The waters are crystal clear and I could spend hours on the shore of the Lochs and the sea.....you`d never guess I really don`t like water......lol..
So pretty! Makes me want to be on the water!
new Springer Spaniel puppy
Poppy sounds like a sweetie pie! We think our lab has some springer in him too- he’s a rescue puppy so who really knows! So nice to have a happy little soul around - even if she is your friends! I’m sure you could “babysit” if Tom really needs a puppy fix :rotfl2:
Hoping the Scotland trip remains a go for you,

Yay!! It will be so much fun to get away...I can't wait to go somewhere, anywhere!! Looking forward to hearing about it, I hope you will share here!

I don't even like the coffee at Starbucks that much, but I love collecting the mugs lol

This is very Brittish lol...first time in the UK I waited forever at the table until I realized you are supposed to get up and order at the bar lol

Yum!! Everything looked so good and the place looked so cute!!!

We are so looking forward to getting up there.....don`t really care what the weather is like as it`s a family visit really.....been too long!

I am a strange one that does like Starbucks coffee....but I like weak tasting coffee so all good to me.....I did pick up a couple of NY mugs when we were there, but never got around to picking up anymore. They hold a lot of coffee......

Most pubs we go to have restaurants so they are mostly all table service, nicer pubs now mostly have table service too. There are some chain restaurants that you still order at the bar, one is called Wetherspoons.....best avoided usually.....lol......frozen food and nothing is fresh, sometimes these places have childrens play areas attached......:duck:

Yellow Dog Eats is one of those unique places that just do everything right......:thumbsup2

Seattle sounds lovely- will post pics when we go next month, I’ve never been either. Although our trip is to help move Alysa out to grad school I’ve told them I need a day to explore a bit. We loved Portland Oregon a few years ago. The Pacific Northwest is gorgeous.
So pretty! Makes me want to be on the water!
Poppy sounds like a sweetie pie! We think our lab has some springer in him too- he’s a rescue puppy so who really knows! So nice to have a happy little soul around - even if she is your friends! I’m sure you could “babysit” if Tom really needs a puppy fix :rotfl2:
Hoping the Scotland trip remains a go for you,

Oh I`d love to see pictures of Seattle.....yes, that whole side of the country is beautiful, I hope we do get to see it one day. Yes, you definitely need some time to explore since you are already there.

Oh Tom loves dogs. Some of our friends have dogs, some have several and when we are at their homes, dogs are always laying on his feet or on his lap.....lol......he`s a natural with them. Even the grumpy German Shepherd that doesn`t like many folks adores Tom.....yes, he`d doggysit in a heartbeat :dog:

Thanks so much, I`d be so disappointed if we didn`t get up now.....:wave2:

One of my relatives had a lovely Springer Spaniel once , another has a 'mutt' who is part springer spaniel and part Australian shepherd, lovely dogs.:dogdance:

So happy your 'local' trip is still on. Loved all of the pictures of Scotland....to be near that water right now would be dreamy. I live near one of the most well known rivers in America, especially if you're a fan of cowboy movies. :rotfl2: About 100 yards away. Luckily (knock on wood) it never has flooded, probably because it's used for irrigation and siphoned off into the irrigation ditches where La Llorona resides,we have one of those on each side of our farm, but with temperatures nearing or over 100 degrees it's just not the same as a lovely Lake or the ocean.

Yellow Dog Eats, very kitchy and the sandwiches look yum as do the desserts (that chocolate cake looks right up Kyle's alley). I think I could make a meal out of the sides alone! I did notice one thing about the pictures, the 'Trash' sign points right at a young lady with long blonde hair......I'm sure it wasn't intentional but😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!