144 hr visa

Oojdmteg

Earning My Ears
Hi so looking at flights I saw from LA>Tokyo Tokyo > LA with a stopover in Shanghai. Would this qualify for the 144 hour visa? We would only stay in shanghai for two days. I know to get the visa you would have to go to a third country im not sure if this qualifies? Hopefully someone can help me answer this. Will be internally grateful:)

You would be stopping over in Shanghai between Tokyo and Los Angeles, correct? That would qualify for the 144 hour rule assuming the flights are directly between each of those cities, as in Tokyo>Shanghai>Los Angeles. All they care about is that you depart (or "transit" in this case) to a third country that isn't elsewhere in Mainland China or your country of origin, which would be Japan if you fly in from Tokyo.

Just make sure you have a paper copy of your flight itinerary with your name and confirmed onward flights to show at the immigration counters at Shanghai.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter