1600 Fare at Grand Floridian

Robin Bergeron

Earning My Ears
I have a quick question. My daughter is 8 and not a big eater. Are you allowed to share a plate. I know it's a buffet but I will be lucky if she eats a plate of food.

It's a buffet so she will be charged.

Everyone 3 years and older is charged according to their age regardless of how much or how little they eat at buffets (e.g. Chef Mickey's, Tusker House), all you care to eat family style restaurants (e.g. Garden Grill, 'Ohana), the dinner shows (Hoop De Doo, Spirit of Aloha Luau, Mickey's Backyard Barbecue), fixed price meals (e.g. Cinderella's Royal Table, Akershus), dining packages (e.g. Fantasmic, Rivers of Light), special events (e.g. dessert parties, Dine with an Imagineer, Food & Wine special events) and the Family Platter at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Last edited:
No sharing at buffets, especially character meals. Part of the cost is about the experience, not just the food.

It's a buffet so she will be charged.

Everyone 3 years and older is charged according to their age regardless of how much or how little they eat at buffets (e.g. Chef Mickey's, Tusker House), all you care to eat family style restaurants (e.g. Garden Grill, 'Ohana), the dinner shows (Hoop De Doo, Spirit of Aloha Luau, Mickey's Backyard Barbecue), fixed price meals (e.g. Cinderella's Royal Table, Akershus), dining packages (e.g. Fantasmic, Rivers of Light), special events (e.g. dessert parties, Dine with an Imagineer, Food & Wine special events) and the Family Platter at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Ok, this reply is impressive. I really mean that. No sarcasm here.

Your list is very, very comprehensive!

ETA: and the Family Platter at WCC! It's like the cherry on top!

No. No sharing at 1900 Park Ave ( not 1600). Everyone over 3 pays, regardless of how much or how little they eat. Even those with medical issues like feeding tubes are charged. If this doesn't work for you I would recommend another non buffet restaurant.

Ok, this reply is impressive. I really mean that. No sarcasm here.

Your list is very, very comprehensive!

ETA: and the Family Platter at WCC! It's like the cherry on top!

It is best to know upfront what you will encounter when you go to any fixed price meal. My friend thought she could join us at 1900 FP breakfast and just have coffee. NO!!!! We are not wasting a credit on your coffee! LOL! Not even so you can watch your own kids. Meet us in the lobby at 10AM Seriously, she was thrilled, character meals stressed her out, but her situation is not unique. A lot of folks don't want the meal, just want to watch the kids. You can, but you pay.

No. No sharing at 1900 Park Ave ( not 1600). Everyone over 3 pays, regardless of how much or how little they eat. Even those with medical issues like feeding tubes are charged. If this doesn't work for you I would recommend another non buffet restaurant.

Still wrong, 1900 Park Fare

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!