180 + 10 Days Rule

Deadp00l

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I have searched this topic because I know it has come up but I am getting very conflicting answers. So for those who are staying at a qualified Disney Resort and are making ADRs... some people either say you can make ADRs 180 days + additional 10 days AFTER (the day you check-in) or some say it is 180 days (up to 10 days total/first 10 days of your trip including check-in day).

So which is it? (Sorry, I hate to start a new thread on such a simple topic but I don't have enough posts to message people directly :worried:)

In other words: If you have a 3-night resort stay, you can make your ADRs for the check in day through the end of the day you check out, which is 4 days. Not 10.

Yes, but if I get what OP is curious about, say you have a 14 day trip, on the first day how many days can you book? Is it 180+10, for a total of 191 or 180+9 (technically), for a total of 190? Will you have to come back to finish 3 or 4 days later?

Yes, but if I get what OP is curious about, say you have a 14 day trip, on the first day how many days can you book? Is it 180+10, for a total of 191 or 180+9 (technically), for a total of 190? Will you have to come back to finish 3 or 4 days later?

Exactly, took the words out of my mouth! Sorry, I should have specified in original post but this is assuming that I have a minimum of 10 days of stay. Would it be 190 or 191??? People kept saying + 10 days so I thought it was additional 10 days (after the first day of check-in) and not 10 days total.

I thought so. I haven't had a trip that long, nor do we book our ADR that far in advance so I've never personally figured it out. But I bet some folks around here have. So simple topic or not, it's a good one, I think it can be something many may not know.

Exactly, took the words out of my mouth! Sorry, I should have specified in original post but this is assuming that I have a minimum of 10 days of stay. Would it be 190 or 191??? People kept saying + 10 days so I thought it was additional 10 days (after the first day of check-in) and not 10 days total.

My brain thinks it's 180 + 10 inclusive (so 190). But I've never had a stay that long...

At 180 days you can start making reservations for up to a 10 day window including the first day, so just 10 days of reservations. Each day beyond that you can make ADRs one day at a time or wait until you are 180 days from your last day to make days 11 thru 14.

I just checked the reservations I made recently, and it appears that at 180 days I was able to make reservations for check-in day + 10 more. So, effectively, 11 days. After that, as others have noted, additional days open up one at a time.

HTH!

I'm back as promised and just finished making my reservations.

So my check-in day is June 12th, 2018. For those who are not staying on-site, here is what your latest dining calendar looks like on the website today:

H1WEl7F.png

Because I am staying on-site from June 12th to June 22nd, here is what MY dining calendar looks like:

j18WOlz.png

And I was able to make dinner reservations on June 22nd, my last day of the trip.

SOOO to answer my original question...

On my 180th day (which is today), I was able to make dinner reservations for my check-in day and then 10 days AFTER my check-in day for a total of 11 days.

I am sure 99.99% of you guys already knew this or have seen this but for the very very small percentage of us who have never made dinner reservations for Disney World before, I hope I was able to visually help with your ADR's planning. Because this is my first trip ever to Disney World, I was super nervous about how the dining calendar works for on-site guests since I have never seen the calendar open up with the extra + 10 days before.

I noticed that before the 6 AM Eastern time, my app already showed that the 11th day of my trip was available but the website only showed the first day (June 12th). Once 6 AM hit, the website finally caught up and showed the whole trip as seen in the photos (I used the website, not app, to book).

In case you guys are wondering, the calendars above are dining reservations for Be Our Guest and let me tell you, I have NEVER seen so many open reservations for Be Our Guest before EVER (obviously because I am on the very first day possible to book that Friday). It helps so much to book this restaurant at the very tail-end of your trip and I was able to learn about this thanks to Disboard so a big THANK YOU!

Step Two: Time to figure out what this whole Fastpass+ is about... ;)
H1WEl7F

H1WEl7F

In case you guys are wondering, the calendars above are dining reservations for Be Our Guest and let me tell you, I have NEVER seen so many open reservations for Be Our Guest before EVER (obviously because I am on the very first day possible to book that Friday).
H1WEl7F

H1WEl7F

We are checking in on June 11th for our honeymoon and so I made reservations at 3am California time on Wednesday morning. I was totally surprised to find a lot of BOG reservations available at the beginning of our trip! I actually wanted Plaza Restaurant but couldn't find a single dinner reservation for any of our MK days, however, BOG was available pretty much any time. Weird.

We are checking in on June 11th for our honeymoon and so I made reservations at 3am California time on Wednesday morning. I was totally surprised to find a lot of BOG reservations available at the beginning of our trip! I actually wanted Plaza Restaurant but couldn't find a single dinner reservation for any of our MK days, however, BOG was available pretty much any time. Weird.

The Plaza is now only walkups most of the day. They take ADRs from 11-12 and sometimes in the afternoon too

Thanks for the post and update.

We will be there about the same time as you! June 13-21st. Can't wait to make reservations tomorrow!

The Plaza doesn’t take reservations for dinner, only for a short period around lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter