1900 Park Fare..Yay or Nay?

jliucci

Mouseketeer
I have 1900 Park Fare selected for our November trip (Myself, DH & DD 2.5 yo) but i am hearing mixed reviews. I haven't been there since I was a kid and I honestly don't remember it. We do have a lot of character meals already selected (Chef mickey, Akershus, Bon Voyage, Ohana) but my daughter does love the live action Cinderella movie, so I thought she might enjoy this. What is everyone's reviews on 1900 Park Fare? Thanks!

We’ve done breakfast once and dinner twice. We really enjoyed it. We thought the characters were better at dinner.

I have 1900 Park Fare selected for our November trip (Myself, DH & DD 2.5 yo) but i am hearing mixed reviews. I haven't been there since I was a kid and I honestly don't remember it. We do have a lot of character meals already selected (Chef mickey, Akershus, Bon Voyage, Ohana) but my daughter does love the live action Cinderella movie, so I thought she might enjoy this. What is everyone's reviews on 1900 Park Fare? Thanks!
You didnt specify if its for breakfast or dinner....since you mentioned Cinderella, i assume you mean dinner??

Honestly, the step sisters were HILARIOUS. They were the saving grace, because the food was terrible. Poor quality, poor selection. Never again. And i personally dont believe paying that hefty price tag just to see characters. The food has to be some what decent. Sadly, it wasnt.

We enjoyed the food and the characters for dinner. I thought it was one of the better buffets. Great interaction with multiple characters.

1900PF is one of DD15's favorites (mine, too!) We used to go for dinner when she was under 10, but I can't justify spending that much on dinner, so we do breakfast now. But we always had a great time at dinner. The food is very good, and the character interaction at both meals is my absolute favorite. The step-sisters are hilarious! One year, DD's shirt just happened to match Drizella's dress. When Anastasia and Lady Tremaine came to our table, they both commented about how much Drizella was going to love DD's outfit. I did not see any contact between them before Drizella got to our table (meaning no one told her to make sure to make a big deal), and she made quite the scene! DD had brought her coat (it was that cold out), and it also matched, so Drizella used it as a shawl and walked around all fancy for a bit. It was wonderful.

We just went last month for dinner. I loved it. I thought the food was good as well, but I’m not a person who hates buffets.

We have eaten there once for breakfast and once for dinner. For breakfast I loved the Mad Hatter at dinner Cinderella was ho-hum but the step sisters and stepmother made the whole meal worth going to. And the food is decent.

We enjoyed dinner there, we've gone twice. The food was on the better side of buffets. The stepsisters made the whole thing worth it. My daughter loves them!!!

The dinner is a riot. I didn’t love the food, but I think that can be hit-or-miss. I’m not opposed to going there again.

The best was when a guest accidentally dropped a plate. Anastasia started yelling, “Cinderella! Clean that up!” And it was priceless when Lady Tremaine grilled my 12 year-old son on what he could offer as a husband to one of her daughters. With not owning any land or cattle, he didn’t cut the mustard. :rotfl:

Last edited:
We loved it! The character interaction was good, but very fast. The food was quite good in my opinion but if you've got a bunch of other character meals planned, save this one till your DD is older, she'll get more of a kick out of the stepsisters then.

We really like 1900. We have done both dinner and breakfast, but I agree, the characters are more fun at dinner. It's a fun experience and the food has always been pretty good!

While the characters at dinner are great (as are the ones at breakfast IMO), I found the food at dinner to pale in comparison to the food at breakfast. We do 1900 for breakfast every trip. Dinner was a one and done.

It's probably or favorite breakfast. The Mad Hatter is great. Maybe we'll have to give dinner a try next time.

Just based on character interaction alone I'd add 1900 Park for dinner over Chef Mickeys. We did the dinner at 1900 back last August, we really loved the stepsisters and stepmother, they are great. Even my DH liked it. I think you are pretty character meal heavy at this point and if you decided to add 1900, I would probably drop something else, that's just me though. Plus you'll see a good mix of princesses at Akershus (I think they are on a rotating schedule) and Rapunzel and Ariel at Bon Voyage. As far as the food at 1900 for dinner, we really liked everything on the buffet and it was all very clean (I am not a buffet person at all!). The only bad item we encountered was the kids pizza- no flavor at all but we really liked the variety. Not sure how many days you are there but character meals can take a little longer since you often end up waiting a bit on the characters to rotate the room and make sure all the tables got to meet/sign so my advice would be don't do more than 1 character meal in a day-it's way too time consuming and also carefully consider your other ADRs for that same day. You have some great meals booked, our other favorite is Ohana, I like the character interaction and the fact that the food is brought to you.

YES!!!! This is my favorite of all buffets and you get more for your money (especially with the food AND the characters) than Cinderella's Royal Table. The stepsisters are a hoot and the strawberry soup is delicious... dinner is my fave (but do an early dining time)!

YES!!!! This is my favorite of all buffets and you get more for your money (especially with the food AND the characters) than Cinderella's Royal Table. The stepsisters are a hoot and the strawberry soup is delicious... dinner is my fave (but do an early dining time)!

Second the early seating time for 1900 PF dinner, our dinner was 8:40pm (all we could get), we were seated at 9:15pm. We were hungry but thankfully not famished. We overheard another family complaining about the wait. I had anticipated there might be a wait given there is usually some with the character meals but didn't really want to wait 30 min, but at least once your seated, you can start eating right away so really even if we had been seated at our ADR time, we wouldn't be eating yet if we had to wait to order and then wait on our food. Just know, your ADR time does not mean you will be seated at that time, just a reminder for planning your days, FP+ and such.

Second the early seating time for 1900 PF dinner, our dinner was 8:40pm (all we could get), we were seated at 9:15pm. We were hungry but thankfully not famished. We overheard another family complaining about the wait. I had anticipated there might be a wait given there is usually some with the character meals but didn't really want to wait 30 min, but at least once your seated, you can start eating right away so really even if we had been seated at our ADR time, we wouldn't be eating yet if we had to wait to order and then wait on our food. Just know, your ADR time does not mean you will be seated at that time, just a reminder for planning your days, FP+ and such.

Totally agree - go early! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter