1960s Disneyland question....I've got to know...

JennyWren

Mouseketeer
Going through old magazines today I came across an advertisement for what I can only describe as a tuna fish pot pie by Chicken of the Sea...it was promoted as being served at Disneyland. No real details were offered as to what other ingredients went into this vintage--and utterly disgusting sounding--delicacy, does anyone remember these??? My morbid curiosity won't rest until I know and google offers nothing but confirmation that they did indeed exist...I will try to find the ad again in the morning and post a pic...

Hmm, don't remember that. I do remember Sea World San Diego being spomsored by Chicken of the Sea and having various foods there and a Charlie character walking around(along with Hawaiian Punch restaurant). Don't remember anythingnlike that at DL. When I read that I imagine one of those cheap Banquet type frozen chicken pot pies (the ones that are 3 for $1 or whatever on coupon)that has canned tuna in it. Sounds more like a dare :)

When I read that I imagine one of those cheap Banquet type frozen chicken pot pies (the ones that are 3 for $1 or whatever on coupon)that has canned tuna in it. Sounds more like a dare :)

This is exactly what I am picturing as well, I'm desperately hoping we are wrong...I feel sick that someone could of concocted such a thing, let alone thrust it upon someone trying to enjoy their holiday.

I found this about the pirate restaurant but barely anything about the food options. I did find a recipe for the tuna burger from 1959 on pinterest

http://miehana.blogspot.com/2011/01/fish-talespart-one.html?m=1

Wow and these pics give me flashbacks of going with my dad when I was little.

http://www.yesterland.com/pirateship.html

Such a cool building!!! :love: Too bad they served canned tuna products. Here is the ad as promised, and yes it does look to be a banquet style pot pie. I'm really hoping someone can at least tell me that it was more edible than what I'm imagining.:scared:

IMG_8483.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts