1st DVC Trip-Review of VGF - Loved it

kgeary

Mouseketeer
We are currently on our first DVC trip. 3 night at VGF and 4 nights at Vero Beach. At Vero now, which I will post later. Here is my review of the VGF. I will post pics in the room forum as we were room 1213, dedicated 2 bedroom, standard view.

First, standard view is the way to go. Not sure what people gain with lake view. We had a good fireworks view. Not perfect but certainly good. And the lake view I saw had a limited view of the water pageant. The extra points were totally worth it.

The only bad. We had a VERY late arrival. Went to GF main desk. Got everything set up, and could not use our magic bands to get into the main entrance, which was locked and with no front desk attendant we couldn't get in. Called the front desk, they told me to come back. Came back, Magic bands still didn't work. Kids (3 boys 5,3 and 1) two of them were fine the oldest was a mess. Waited 10 minutes no one came to let us in. Finally found a cast member entrance door slightly ajar. Opened it and found a way out and opened the door for my family. Not sure if I was happier or more concerned the door was open. Found out later they were having an issue with the front door. Back door worked fine, which no one told us until the next day.

Loved the location, we own at BLT on resale and had to use points by the end of Feb, but had a first trip and figured we would try out VGF. Had no issues with storage space like others. Only thought for a 2 bedroom the baths were almost unnecessarily big. Could have used more space in the 2 queen bed room.

Had a V&A dinner. Great experience. One MK day the wind was so high they shut the boats down, which made getting back a pain with the monorail down. Getting back the bus line was so long we took the TTC Contempo Bus and walked from BLT to the MK. Not really an issue as everyone was dealing with it.

Pool was good, my oldest LOVED it, especially the Mad Hatter part. We only had one pool day because most of the trip was chilly. Loved having the car parking so close. Loved the jazz band in the main lobby at GF. Loved the reaction all 3 of my Disney Boys 5,3 and 1 had with the Monorail.

Overall VGF was awesome. Would love to own there but we bought resale at BLT and HHI at point values and contract so low I still can't believe it wasn't ROFR. We had a trip planned right after T-day later this year for BLT, might try and switch to VGF but highly doubt it will be available.

Very happy we bought into DVC and looking forward to years of visits ahead.

We just returned from our first stay as well. We had a lake view studio and while disappointed that we couldn't see the fireworks the view was so beautiful!!! We were disappointed to see wear and tear this early. One of the bathroom slider doors was all chipped up and the wall behind the ladies makeup mirror was horribly scuffed up. This resort is only 4 months old!!! We loved the staff... They were great. The walk to the hotel was super easy... This was one of our favorite weekends and we are so happy we purchased here!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for sharing. I can not wait to stay at VGF.

I am anxious to hear about your stay at VB. My family will be there this summer for the first time before our cruise.

We too own at BLT. We also have 3 boys....but they are big boys...20, 16 and 14......the years fly by...enjoy every one of them.

:thumbsup2

I had a lake view studio and it was gorgeous! I could see fireworks and also the water parade. The room was 1414.

The room was still in great condition. I did notice scuffing of the paint behind the mirror, but metal knocking on paint - scuffing will happen.

The balcony was large and you could see the Poly and the Wedding Chapel from that direction. Really liked the view! Straight ahead, the lake and a small island, to the left - the Grand Floridian and the Magic Kingdom - Space Mountain with a fireworks view over the top of the Grand Flo building, and to the right the Poly and Chapel. Nice!

First Stay this August. we also own BLT. Some of the pics at VGF look like from balcony you can go to any other room. Are they private or community balconies:confused3?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter