1st Post - I like the Canadian Forum!

DutchsMommy

DIS Veteran
I happend upon this site and was pleasantly surprised to see a "Canadian" forum. It is really nice! I am plannig a trip for our family (dh and ds now 2) for next year or the year after to WDW and DCL and have been surfing the internet to see what kind of info I could find - and boy did I find alot of info!! I am looking forward to this trip WAY more now with the things I have read. I think we are going to stay at AKL. We were originally going to do a land/sea, however I have spoken to a "Disney expert" travel agent in FL and think we will still do that idea but book seperately rather than a package. I then realized I already have enough AirMiles to book one flight, so my mission in life is to now collect enough AirMiles to fly all of us down and spend more time at WDW - possibly split the stay btwn AKL and the Poly (I like the monorail access idea) for 6 or 7 days and then do a 3 or 4 day DCL. What fun!!!!! So....thanks for listening to my little speech and now I do have a question (please):

Can you purchase Disney Dollars at the Disney Stores in Canada? And if so, is there some type of exchange rate ie. $1 DD = $1.50 Cdn or something like that?

Thanks and nice to meet you all!

Sarah :earsboy:

Welcome to the Canadian board!!!! We're a friendly bunch here who love to talk about all things Disney but also talk about whatever is going on with us in Canada! Glad you joined us!!

To answer your question, you can't buy disney dollars in Canadian disney stores. Bummer. Good luck with those air miles too!! Did you know you can now buy parkhopper passes with airmiles?? I'll likely never earn enough points because I spend them too often! What a great program. FYI - I earn disney dollars through online programs. If you're interested, let me know and I'll tell you more about them!

I stayed at the AKL last year for the first time and LOVED IT! You're in for a wonderful treat.

Anyway, welcome again to the boards. We hope you stay a while! Happy researching!!!! :wave:

As previously mentioned, we are a great bunch here! Even if I do say so myself!LOL

You won't get too big of a response right now 'cause there is a Dis Lunch happening, short one, should break up around,what 4ish!LOL

BTW, this whole DisBoard is great!

Happy Planning!

Scratch

Hi Dutchsmommy

Welcome to the DISboards and to the Canadian DISboard.

Any questions just ask, any opinions just chime on in, we'd be glad to hear them.

Happy trip planning.

Robin

Welcome :wave:

The only thing a newbie has to remember about the Canadian board is that we seem to have an obsession with Krispy Kreme donuts :p ,
as well as our infatuation with a mouse :earseek:

Welcome, so exciting to see a new face!:p

Marilynn

welcome DutchsMommy:D
just a word of warning...these boards and disney are addictive:p
have fun planning.
kathe

HI Sarah ! Welcome from a fellow Torontonian! My family just got back from the Eastern 7 day cruise, so if you have any questions, ask away! You've come to the right boards for the planning obsessed...I originally stumbled on these boards about 5 years ago just to get a bit of info, and I'm still here!!:eek: Enjoy your planning. Jo

WELCOME, Sarah, to the DIS! :wave2:

Along with everything else that has been said, I just wanted to add that we have DIS meets every so often and next time we have one in Toronto, please come out and join us! Everyone brings pictures, it's very informative and we have a great time, too.

(Yes Janet, it was about 4pm when the Hamilton DIS Lunch finally ended yesterday ;) )

Just watch the Cdn forum for the next date! We usually plan for a Saturday or Sunday.

Hi Sarah, welcome to the board. We did the same land trip that you are thinking for our 25th wedding anniv.

We did the akl first for 3 nights and 6 at the poly. It was a trip that we will never forget. We took our adult children with us (18 and 20) (I wanted to redo our vows but hubby would not go for it)lol, You will love both resorts.

Be sure to get up before the 7 oclock feeding of the animals, the giraffe come right over to the pickup trucks and try to steal the food out of the back, the handlers were hugging the giraffes from the back of the pick up trucks, it was so funny. The pool area is great.

At the poly we had a ground floor patio room, and every morning a couple of ducks would peck at our sliding door for bread, it was fun to sit on the beach at night and watch the electrical water parade and the castle changing colours. Check tikimans website for the poly info, so you have an idea of which building you would like to stay in. Take some non park time to enjoy both resorts they are great. Have fun,

Here is tikimans web address in case you have not seen it.

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/index.html

Bye,

Deb.

A BIG welcome. The folks here on the Canadian board are real nice. The meets are a lot of fun as well. I did the 3 night at Disney and 4 night Cruise with my dh, dd, and dgrdd. My dh & I are going to Disney in Feb. for 4 nights but staying at the new Pop Century. We are going on a cruise but it is the Carnival Spirit. Can't wait. Just ask away. Someone usually knows the answer or knows where you can get the answer.
tigercat

Welcome to the DIS, Sarah, especially to the Canadian forum! :D

....I heard that Janet..lol...:p

Kim :)

What?!?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Too Bad, I would have loved to see the group on Santa's Lap!LOL

Scratch
pirate:

You will LOVE the Polynesian!! We did LV/Ground floor our last trip, and fell in love...Cindy's Castle was RIGHT THERE!!...and the ducks too (I think they go from door to door!)

Tikiman's site is really amazing - I'm glad cottontail posted the link for you...she knows I have difficulties with that ;) ;)

I'd like copies of that picture too!! Happy HoHo!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter