1st time at Poly. Have some questions

yankebabie

DIS Veteran
So we are doing girls trip. 3 women in their 50’s. We have gotten the Deluxe Studio at the Polynesian DVC. My question is regarding sleeping arrangements for 3rd person. I know there is a sleeper sofa & Murphy bed. How comfy are these options? Sleeper bed not usually a comfy bed especially someone with back probs. Can mattress be removed and put on floor if need be? Or is this sleeper comfy? Also, are there 3 bathrooms? Thanks for any help u can offer!!!

Two bathrooms but only one has a toilet.
I haven’t stayed in a studio but I’ve been in one, I think they’re nice.
I doubt the third friend would want to sleep on the Murphy. There are posts on here that I’ve read saying sleeping on the pull out sofa is not a problem for adults.

Oh good bathroom set up sounds great. Well if anybody has experience with sofa bed would love to hear it! Thanks for your help

Loved the studio but unfortunately no experience with sofa bed. I will have some experience in May after we take some family members! Also this has nothing to do with your post, but there’s adorable mermaid art in the one bathroom that I wish disney would offer for sale!

We stayed in a Poly studio and my daughter and I slept on the sofa bed. We found the sofa bed to be pretty comfortable in comparison to the ones at VWL, but neither of us have back issues. It felt almost like a thick memory foam mattress! Havimg two bathrooms is convenient, although it would have been ideal to have two toilets at times. I especially like the bathroom with the walk in shower, feels spa like!

Oh good bathroom set up sounds great. Well if anybody has experience with sofa bed would love to hear it! Thanks for your help
Stayed in the Deluxe Studio last November. My daughter and my sister shared the sofa bed and neither had an issue. They both said it was pretty comfortable for a pull out. Enjoy your stay...it's a beautiful resort.

Wonderful!! Thank you so much for your help. Feel much better about staying there now. Don’t want anybody in my party to have a bad nights sleep

Wonderful!! Thank you so much for your help. Feel much better about staying there now. Don’t want anybody in my party to have a bad nights sleep
Regular Poly rooms have 2 real Queen beds. This would be more comfortable for 3 50ish women

The mattress can not be removed. The open folds down to basically make a twin sized bed. Its plastic and needs bedding to make it comfortable. We typically stay 10 - 12 nights. My kids have slept on it the entire time and never complained...but when my middle son grew to 6'4", we let him take a bed, so he never tried it over 6'. My oldest son, 5'11", 180 lbs and daughter 5'8" 135 lbs never complained. I would say 6', 200 lbs would be the max without it feeling too small, but still comfortable.

Disneys-Polynesian-Village-Resort-Rooms008-400x284.jpg

Disneys-Polynesian-Village-Resort-Rooms009-400x284.jpg

The mattress can not be removed. The open folds down to basically make a twin sized bed. Its plastic and needs bedding to make it comfortable. We typically stay 10 - 12 nights. My kids have slept on it the entire time and never complained...but when my middle son grew to 6'4", we let him take a bed, so he never tried it over 6'. My oldest son, 5'11", 180 lbs and daughter 5'8" 135 lbs never complained. I would say 6', 200 lbs would be the max without it feeling too small, but still comfortable.

Disneys-Polynesian-Village-Resort-Rooms008-400x284.jpg

Disneys-Polynesian-Village-Resort-Rooms009-400x284.jpg
The pull out in the DVC rooms isn’t the same.

I stayed a few weeks ago in a DVC Poly studio with three 50ish women. One had the bed, one the pullout couch, and I had the Murphy. We all slept really well. I found the Murphy bed to be very comfortable. I am not a small woman!

JMO but we found the sofa bed to be VERY uncomfortable, the murphy was fine though. I much prefer the standard rooms with the 2 queens and the day bed. The day bed is far more comfortable than either the sofa bed or even the murphy (although it was serviceable). Personally, I would choose any of the monorail resorts standard over the Poly studio. We have stayed at all and the daybeds have all been comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter