1st time cruise

readyfordisney

Earning My Ears
Hi,
First thank you for the endless useful information I have received this board.

We are taking our 1st DLC in March..YEAH.
We are doing the 3 day land and 4 day sea. Cat. 5. DH,DD and DS and me.

We want to rent a car but I am concerned about getting the luggage on the ship and having to wait in line if we do that. Has anyone rented a car and left it at the port without any trouble(after staying at Disney resort).

Also we would like to try concierge at the Beach Club as that is the resort we chose with the package..but can we do that with the land/sea package and without doing it on the ship?

Hope you can help, I know we have several months to iron this out but love to plan plan plan..

I don't know if this helps, but.........we rented a car from Avis at the airport. We chose one way rather than pay for parking for the time we were on the cruise. My DH dropped my daughter, myself and the luggage off at the port, where we got the luggage checked at the curbside(took about 3 mins). There is an Avis desk to return the car at the Radisson Hotel, which is about a mile from the ships. Then DH came back to port on the Avis shuttle. He was gone only about 25 mins. While he was returning the rental, we checked in and got our KTTW cards.

After the cruise, we went to pick up our luggage w/a porter, told him we had an avis rental, and he took our luggage straight to the shuttle, where we all went back to the Radisson to get another car.

Check out www.mousesavers.com for discount codes. The 3 of us got a midsize car for about $45 each way. The Disney Transfers would have cost about $140 as opposed to the $90 we paid.

Luggage in the car was no problem for us. The man at the gate told us where to drive to. We pulled up, they opened the doors, got the luggage out of the back, told me & the kids where to go for check in and directed my husband to the parking lot to leave the car.

When we got off the boat we got a porter and told him we had a car in the parking lot. I've never seen anything so easy! He loaded the luggage on his cart, sailed us out the door and had us at our car to get back on the road in something like 45 seconds! Absolutely amazing! We were trotting along behind the luggage cart. I'm sure we were on I95 heading north before some people got on their shuttles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter