1st time DAS applicant. So nervous they will say no.

I feel the same way... I have Chrons, IBS, and anxiety... it's a mess! I have never asked for a DAS because I am so afraid of being turned down. Usually its 4 of us going so if the line is too long other adults would take my oldest DD and I would stay with baby.

This trip it's just me and DD5... well she loves rides and is big enough for most of them now. How do I keep telling her no we cant do that ride and that one. I will need a DAS for this trip because I wont have any one to save a spot if I have to run to the bathroom. I am very afraid they will tell me no... when you do go let us know how it goes... I hope it goes well!

Last edited:
DAS is a good way to help manage your time if you have disabilities!

Though now not so much for physical ones that are resolved by mobility devices. The queues are mostly accessible by design so the "shortcut" is only needed on a select few rides.
If you have co-mordid diagnoses, DAS can also be helpful. Especially if You are able to step away from the queue and get food/drink/toilet/medical/mental breaks. You can manage many needs within your party, even more so with Child Swap, so do what your family needs to do to enjoy the Parks.
Dont be afraid to split up and help each other along the trip : you absolutely do not need to be all together 100% if that causes your vacation to go sideways. If you need to step aside with ( or without! ;) )DH and go for a Mickey bar and just breathe.... it's so.much more helpful if the rest of the family takes the kids on rides and does a M&G or bathroom breaks and you all meet again in a few minutes. Hint: if you are getting Photopass then you can use your mobile phones to keep track of each other via the photo uploads from Disney as long as you are all part of the same MDE party. Definitely make ADRS and FP+ and be aware of your flex time on all of them.
If you like plush toys and find them comfortable when experiencing symptoms, Buy the Stuffie First ! Somewhere on Main Street! ;)
Do not feel broken - you are having a Disney trip and they want to make that magical for you. They help thousands of us enjoy our Disney family trips too. DAS is a tool.just like an ECV , as we say on this board. We like to help! Hope your trip is great!

How did you know about the plushies?!?! I usually don't admit that because I'm 32 lol. I let people believe I'm buying for my non existent children 🙊

I feel the same way... I have Chrons, IBS, and anxiety... it's a mess! I have never asked for a DAS because I am so afraid of being turned down. Usually its 4 of us going so if the line is too long my DH would take our oldest DD and I would stay with baby.

This trip it's just me and DD5... well she loves rides and is big enough for most of them now. How do I keep telling her no we cant do that ride and that one. I will need a DAS for this trip because I wont have any one to save a spot if I have to run to the bathroom. I am very afraid they will tell me no... when you do go let us know how it goes... I hope it goes well!
I know exactly what you mean, I have the same issue and recently I was too nervous to go very far away from my house just in case. Another reason to hate queuing!!!

I feel the same way... I have Chrons, IBS, and anxiety... it's a mess! I have never asked for a DAS because I am so afraid of being turned down. Usually its 4 of us going so if the line is too long my DH would take our oldest DD and I would stay with baby.

I would not ask for a DAS per say but go in to GR and say I have some concerns for the line and let the CM know your concerns for the line ( you can even write them down if you like). This way you are not asking for a DAS but asking how to make the lines work for you and your needs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!