1st time on Disney Dream

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
This will be our 5th DCL trip but 1st on the Dream. Unfortunately, only a 3-night worked out for us. It's just 2 adults, my DH and I. What are you not to miss to do, eat and see in such a short cruise? Thank you!

We love brunch and dinner at Palo and/or Remy. Also the aquaduct is always a good time!

Personally I'd splurge on dinner at Remy or Palo one night, skipping Enchanted Garden if you can work it out that way since you're doing 3 nights (which is what we most often do, as well). My DH and I haven't sailed the Dream since Beauty and the Beast started, so we're super excited to see that in January when we sail again, but will likely skip the other shows we've seen before and visit the lounges for music and cocktails instead. I absolutely LOVE Pink and would say that's a don't miss for me. We did a great champagne tasting there a few years ago, which I would highly recommend if you and your DH enjoy tastings. The mixology class in Skyline is also lots of fun; it's sometimes done in Meridian too (bar near Remy and Palo) - I'd suggest you at least visit Meridian for the classy decor, great view, and fantastic bartenders. As for pool areas, I know my DH and I really enjoy Satellite Falls and spend a lot of time up there during the day because it's peaceful and has lots of shade. Not sure if you've sailed on the Fantasy, but if so you'll probably be comfortable right away since it's so similar (different names, different decor, essentially the same spaces), so you may not feel like there's anything you absolutely MUST do because you haven't done it before. I admit Fantasy is my favorite, but I've sailed the Dream more often and love it as well. I'm confident you'll love it too - sailing adults-only is the best! Enjoy your trip!

My wife and I just got off of a 3 night Dream cruise last week which was our 5th and you're are right you can't do it all on such a short cruise. The two must do things we did on our cruise was Beauty and the Beast production and Remy. I'll also agree with @DISNEYFAN3260 on skipping Enchanted Garden for dining rotation if you need to drop one out for a specialty dining night.

Last edited:

You can do it his on any cruise, but DH and I love going to the movies. We never go these days. It’s so easy to do on DCL and they usually have something for everyone.

I def second paying the extra $ for dinner at Remy or Palo. If money is an issue you should dine at Palo. It's only $30 extra dollars (not including wine and specialty water) and the food is comparable to a fancy restaurant you would get in NYC.

Thanks everyone. We have done Palo many times and will have a 14 night wonder cruise in October, so we are splurging for Remy. We booked it for our 2nd night of the cruise. Can I change it once I board, if that is not my enchanted garden night? Is there a pirate menu on a 3-night cruise?

Thanks everyone. We have done Palo many times and will have a 14 night wonder cruise in October, so we are splurging for Remy. We booked it for our 2nd night of the cruise. Can I change it once I board, if that is not my enchanted garden night? Is there a pirate menu on a 3-night cruise?
As long as there is availability you can change it. You can also try to improve your odds by calling to request the dining rotation that would put Enchanted Garden on night 2 if you really prefer Remy that night. No guarantees at all, but we’ve always been lucky and gotten a private table and the rotation we requested when we’ve tried. It’s worth a try!

Pirate night is the 2nd night for the 3 night cruises. BTW, we skip Animator's Palate; the Crush routine is like nails on chalkboard for us now. I specifically requested an E-R-A rotation with Palo on the last night. It's just...gah!

*Palo and/or Remy for dinner (no pirate night menu on 3 nighters)
*Palo Brunch if offered on Nassau day (if you don't have other early plans in Nassau)
*Rainforest Room (we love to sit in the hot tub the first day and watch sail away from there and then chill on the heated lounger, you can buy a day pass in advance)
*Mixology or other tastings. You can book these in advance or onboard if there are any spots left.
*Attend the "Newlywed Game" (I think it's called something else, but something to do with marriage), they usually have that the first night
*Room service breakfast or at least coffee on your verandah each morning if you have one

We'll see you on the EBPC. Are you in the group on the social media site?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter