1st trip report - 11th nov - 14th nov 2012

Gwendolen

Mouseketeer
I have never written a TR before so here goes:)

Day 1: Sunday 11 th nov

Sun morning :- up at 6am as we have a 9am flight from dublin airport to Charles de Gaulle. - 2 very excited girls in the airport. Got aboard and flew with city jet , small flight and would recommend them, we booked with KLM who partner with AirFrance & City-jet, it makes a nice change to have luggage included in your price, so we had free luggage and free drinks on board & a small snack a muffin on the way out and a sambo on the way back, on the way out I had coffee but beer & wine was offered too!

Arrived a Paris and was met by our driver from Paris Shuttle Bus, we had booked a shared transfer but it was just us:)
The driver drove very safely and we had a pleasant 30 mins or so, he brought us to the door of the Sant Fe hotel an I paid him €55 for trip &€5 tip.

First impressions of the hotel - very big a bit like a American Motel but better than I expected. We entered the reception and there was only 2 couples in front of us - we were lucky as within 10 mins 3 yes 3 Coaches had pulled up.

We were given our pack at reception and a map to our hotel room, that took a bit of figuring out but within 10 mins we were in our cars themed room, it was a great room 2 double beds, a really good powerful shower, Micky mouse soaps & shower gels and a kettle, yes a kettle which was good as I had packed coffee tea & the new Heinz paste type soups u squeeze Into the cup, interestingly there were no cups, but after our first day we were collecting a lot of kids cocktail cups! They did the job.
It was quite funny having a 8 year old and a 15 year old on holiday as the 8 year old kept referring to Mickeys everywhere , much to the 15 year olds amusement , when we entered the cars themed room the 8 year old says I wish this room was full of mickeys and not cars - the 15 year old nearly died laughing, I think u get my drift!

Ok so it's about 2.30 by this stage so we head out o find the bus etc.. To get o the parks, I have to say we were very lucky every time we went for the bus we usually ended up running as there was always one there- both ways there & back.

Ok so we get of the bus and the kids are fit to burst, we enter the park and wow it looks fab, very Christmassy , with the cold wind to match, it really was cold thank god we were prepared - thanks to all you good people sharing ur knowledge .

We walked down Main Street and checked out where Walts was as we had a reservation for 3.45 . We got our bearings, went to city hall , got maps had a look in a few shops, wow they really know how to charge for stuff, a little ott in my opinion .

So we are all a little hungry and head to Walts, it's beautiful when u walk in, nice and warm and we were greeted nicely and brought upstairs to our table, I asked the girl leading us to the table if there was any chance of a window table and we had one anyway, great as the parade was going to start soon.

I asked about the express menu and was told it wasn't available on a Sunday so we went with the set menu. We had a lovely waiter, we chatted for ages and the girls opted for cocktails and myself and marie had a bottle of red the 20th anniversary wine which was really good, and at €20 a bottle I though a bargain, Zoe the 15 year old wasn't to impressed with the adult menu, she loves steak but only with pepper sauce, - not bearnaise sauce etc,.to be honest I think it was hunger, excitement, tiredness and being 15 a few faces were pulled but I asked our lovely waiter if she could order of the kids menu and he said no probs so the 2 girls had burgers from the kids menu I must say they were adult portions, I had vegetable tart to start very nice but it was served cold which I found a little odd, marie had asparagus & goats cheese, I must say it was absolutely gorgeous , we both had steak , both a bit tough but we ate them and the potatoes and sauce were lovely, the wine was going down nicely too!

The girls had a choc tart which was a choc mousse? And apple cobbler which was yum, I ordered the cafe gourmand which was lovely, i own a coffee shop and really enjoy my coffee and I have to say everywhere we went and had a cafe long or Americano I was very impressed.

Meal over, great service then the parade starts , the girls look out the window and our waiter brings them into an empty private dining room with big long windows to have the most amazing view of the parade!

We paid our bill I got my shareholders discount - which I will talk about later and all 4 of us left Walts very vey happy:yay:

Yeah - glad to see you have started a TR :thumbsup2.

Sounds like a good start - can't wait to read more and see some photos? :)

I love Walts!! Glad you got a good view of the parade too! :thumbsup2

Brilliant - can't wait to read more!

Interested in the cityjet thing and also in your transfer. What site did you book your flights through?

I booked with KLM , made such a change from Ryanair it was €410 I think all in , included bags, no booking fee and no grief at boarding :)
The transport company were fab paris shuttle bus, lovely van and driver, same driver both ways €55 each way , would highly recommend , no up font payment or anything, I just paid the driver.

Was it just yourself and the two girls or had you a fourth person?
Can only imagine the whole thing with the mickeys.. :-)
Must be an Irish thing - our kid free trip was the same, except we were all in in the joke.

Sounds great! Dying to hear more re: the coffee, as DH & I are both addicts!!! And more about shareholders card too! Walts sounds yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter