1st trip to Universal

Momof205

Earning My Ears
We are taking our first trip to Universal next week with our twin 12 yr old girls. They are not big thrill seekers so the big roller coasters are out.

We are playing 2 days maybe 3 and want to see both parks.

Where do I begin? We have been to Disneyworld several times never Universal.

I am looking into the express pass. If I buy tickets at Undercover Tourist can I still purchase the express pass the day we arrive at the park?

I have read you should not go to either Harry Potter area in the morning because they are super crowded. Is that true.

Thanks for the help.

The Harry Potter areas get increasingly more crowded throughout the day until late afternoon or so.early is the best time to be able to explore without huge scads of people. Mind you, there will still be scads of people, just smaller scads.

Look at the maps and familiarize yourself with the layouts. Download the Universal app and check out wait times now for a rough idea, and while you are there for diect use.

If you want to do Despicable Me, hit that early one day as the lines routinely stay long throughout the whole day. Same for Kong (note the queue is creepy and scarier than the ride). If you get express passes, going to those early doesn't really matter.

Check out www.universalorlando.com website.
They have many sections that discuss the parks and valuable information for tips and basic things that will help you have a great visit there

Also, these forums are a great source of help
Many topics are covered that would help a newbie and returning guests.

2 or three days is great! You'll have time to see both parks. You can wait until the day of to buy express passes. They sell them at the front gate and throughout the park. Maybe go the first day without EP and see what you can get done and see how the crowd level is. Hitting the HP rides near park closing time works well if you find the wait times big during the day. A Lot go to HP rides at park open - and onsite hotel guests get early entry as well. Get there at park open and do other rides- move to HP later in the day.

Only glitch in buying the ep the day you are in the park is, price might be higher

The more eps are sold, prices can increase

If it is crowded and rides have long lines, many buy the ep when in the park and prices may rise

Only glitch in buying the ep the day you are in the park is, price might be higher

The more eps are sold, prices can increase

If it is crowded and rides have long lines, many buy the ep when in the park and prices may rise

Good to know this- thx! We're always onsite deluxe so never bought EP at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!