1st Visit Pre trip report

ItsNearlyTime

Earning My Ears
Ok, so i have lurked on here for a few weeks and thought it was my time to register and post!!
We go to london on the 22nd feb and leave for DLP on mon 23rd feb on the eurostar. We are a family of 5 (myself,hubby, dd (8) dd (4) and dd (20mths) we are also going with another family of hubby & wife and 2 dd's (8 & 4). We are staying at the travel inn at kings cross. When at disney we will be staying for 4 nights at Sequoia lodge :goodvibes, we are all sooooo excited- only 8 sleeps left! lol!
It is all of our first time to any disney so any tips are welcome. We are paying for the HB option and we want to book a character breakfast and the disney princess lunch maybe on the friday. Can you swap your hotel breakfast for a character brekkie - do you have to pay extra?
Does anyone know if there is a baggage allowence? Can you take your own food & drinks in to the park?

Many thanks for any help.
:worship:

How exciting to be going with friends - and all of you for the first time. :goodvibes

You can swap your hotel breakfast for a character breakfast in the Village. There is an extra cost though. £12 per adult and £8 per child. :scared:

The lunch at Auberge is expensive, but I think it is worth it - we're going this Thursday.

There is no baggage allowance on Eurostar, but there is obviously limited space so if you take 15 cases for a family of 5 you may be a little unpopular - but there is nothing that says you can't. :)

You are technically not supposed to take food or drink in with you, but even though bags are checked at security on entrance I have never seen or heard of anybody being told to take out their food. Everybody does it.

Hope you have a fab time....and come back and do a report for us.

thanks for your reply. Yes princess dinner is expensive but looks fab and worth the money.
Might not bother with the breakfast and swap our hb voucher for the lucky nugget. Do i have to pay for my 20mth old for a princess dinner, seeing as she wont eat it or can i ask for a plate?

thanks for your reply. Yes princess dinner is expensive but looks fab and worth the money.
Might not bother with the breakfast and swap our hb voucher for the lucky nugget. Do i have to pay for my 20mth old for a princess dinner, seeing as she wont eat it or can i ask for a plate?

Hi, we took a plastic plate and cutlery with us for our DD (16 months). We fed her from our plates at table service restaurants. Your DD will eat for free at buffets.

It sounds like you have a great trip planned! I have 3 DD's too - 9, 5(today) and 16 months. They will have a ball. Mine loved Big Thunder Mountain in the dark, the OUAD parade and the dragon under the castle.:goodvibes

Hi, we took a plastic plate and cutlery with us for our DD (16 months). We fed her from our plates at table service restaurants. Your DD will eat for free at buffets.

And they were ok with this? would that be ok in the princess meal? Great idea by the way, going to pack it as we speak!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

How exciting to be going with friends - and all of you for the first time. :goodvibes

You can swap your hotel breakfast for a character breakfast in the Village. There is an extra cost though. £12 per adult and £8 per child. :scared:

The lunch at Auberge is expensive, but I think it is worth it - we're going this Thursday.

There is no baggage allowance on Eurostar, but there is obviously limited space so if you take 15 cases for a family of 5 you may be a little unpopular - but there is nothing that says you can't. :)

You are technically not supposed to take food or drink in with you, but even though bags are checked at security on entrance I have never seen or heard of anybody being told to take out their food. Everybody does it.

Hope you have a fab time....and come back and do a report for us.

Hope you have a fab time.
:dance3:

When you go I will have just got back lol, we go this sat and come back sunday night - I am so excited this is our 3rd trip but its been 3 years since we last went and I know there is so many new things since our last visit. My son was only 14 months when we last went my daughters were 9 and 13, they are not coming with us this time, hence the fact that we were able to do a short cheap break (well its not cheap really but cheaper than the two rooms we would have needed to have gotten if the girls were coming) Max is now 4 and has spent the last few weeks pouring through everyones pics on here saying "I am going to see that".

Have fun and just absorb the magic.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

And they were ok with this? would that be ok in the princess meal? Great idea by the way, going to pack it as we speak!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Absolutely fine! We ate at Walt's, The Steakhouse and Annette's - no problems at all! Some of the places do offer a baby menu but it would have been pointless with our DD, so we just fed her bits and pieces from our plates, plus the other two never finished their main courses, so she had some of their food too.

thanks, it is already on the spare bed to be packed. She doesnt eat much so it seems pointless to pay for it.

ok, so we are all packed, and suitcases downstairs. The other family are coming over at 11.30, eating a big roast at 12 then getting the 3pm train to london. So i will post reports when we return.

SEE YOU ALL SOON and thanks for the tips

Claire:goodvibes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter