• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1sttrip to WDW w/o the kids?

yasuern

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
DH and I are going to WDW in late March for the 1st time w/o the kids for 4 nights/5days - I have an Illuminations cruise booked for our 1st night - DH favorite thing is Illuminations!
Now I want to book PS for either LeCelliers ?sp or the Yachtsman Steakhouse before the cruise - we have eaten at LeCelliers and enjoyed it but curious if anyone who has eaten at both which one you would choose?
Any suggestions of things to do without the kids? I usually plan our day around the kids so this is new to me - any suggestions are greatly appreciated:D

I've only eaten at Le Cellier and I loved it. Can't compare it to Yachtsman's Steakhouse though. I think I'd better eat there on my next trip :)

Both restaurants are great choices- you can't go wrong with either. If you have already tried Le Cellier, why not dine at the Yachtsman this trip? They do have great steaks and the atmosphere is great (probably better then Le Cellier). Another consideration might be the Bistro de Paris (above Chef's de France).

We found that traveling without the kids allowed us to do the little things we didn't have time to do when they were with us. Browse the little shops in the parks, take a tour, enjoy Pleasure Island, take a stroll around WS after Illuminations without feeling rushed to get the kids in bed, walk thru Innoventions and read the info at the booths, check out the entertainment in each park (things like Voices of Liberty, British Invasion and Off Kilter at Epcot).

Above all enjoy the companionship of your spouse!

Have a GREAT trip- WDW is a wonderful adult experience!! :) :)

DH & I will also be alone this trip. We also have an Illuminations Cruise booked. Thinking about taking the carriage ride at Port Orleans one evening and a tour at the parks. We'll do PI at least one night. Just doing things at our own pace sounds good to me.

I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute regardless.

yasuern,
We went without kids in December 2002. We spent two evenings at PI. Had a fantastic time at Adventurer's Club and the Jazz Club. We like seafood, so we ate at Captain Jacks and Fulton's Crab House. We really enjoyed both. We wandered around Downtown Disney.
We got a PS for lunch at Cindy's - no charachters, but we wanted to see the "restaurant in the Castle". Ate a charachter breakfast at 1900 Parkfare and wandered around the Grand Floridian - it's beautiful. Also visited all the monorail resorts; ate a meal or just ordered a drink. Resort-hopping is fun.
We got an autograph book and got autographs from a lot of charachters throughout the parks. The CM's were wonderful and took pictures of us with the charachters. We went to EPCOT twice (once in pouring rain - but we kept our enthusiasm; after all, we were at DISNEY!) We had a nice visit with the young CMs at the Rose and Crown and DH played Chess with a CM at a shop in the UK. We were excited to finally be able to get in to the bakery at France (after 2 previous trips when it was jam packed); we got a quiche for breakfast and also cheesecake, which melted in our mouth! Gotta try the cheesecake! We rode our favorite boat rides at Mexico and Norway and visited every country and, of course, shopped and talked to CMs.
We intended to go to Boardwalk but didn't get there. I've heard the evening entertainment is very good, especially at Jellyrolls.

We went to all the parks and did all of our favorites.

It was just nice to do whatever we wanted at a leisurely pace. And we really enjoyed being with each other.:)

Sorry this is long, but hopefully it will be helpful to you, depending on your interests, of course. HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Keys to the Kingdom Tour! My DW and I did the KTTK Tour last April and really enjoyed it. The tour included lots of great info and trivia about the MK, lunch and a very nice pin. The tour is adults only which is nice for couples. If you enjoy the MK as much as we do, you will really like this tour. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter