2/20 is Reunion day! Will it ever come??

schrei

Mouseketeer
2/20 is coming and not fast enough, my DH will return from his year long trek to Iraq. Know that you have a happy Dis Familiy come 10:30 Sunday morning! :banana:

I've been :3dglasses lurking and posting here and there, but not much to say, trying to trudge along day to day and find the light at the end of the tunnel. You see, my hubby has been on a year rotation to Iraq and finally we're getting to the end. I've been watching ya'lls posts and the reminders of Disney have been in part what has been getting not only me but my soldier in Iraq through. Thanks for being the shining light in our world. I received an email today (although my hubby has been telling me this for weeks~somehow when the Army starts to acknowledge things it seems this much more real) looks like he could be home a month or so from today. YIPEE!!!
The children have DS 14 & DD 9 have spring break the week of March 28. We :grouphug: are planning our :moped: TREK to DW with our newly returned soldier. We are staying at FWC as we did last time. We enjoyed the time together and look forward to going again. So to summerize why, I am writing???
#1. We're going to Disney the end of March, March 24-April 3, My birthday is the 2nd! YIPEE
#2. To say thanks to all of you as many of you had sent a postcard to him while he was gone.
#3. To say thanks for all the posts to keep Disney alive in our hearts.
:love:
Hugs!!
Carla

I am so happy for you!!!!! That last month is really hard because you are so excited and ready for it to be over with. My dh came home from Baghdad last Sept. We did Disney as our celebration also ( We waited til Christmas). i will keep your husband in my prayers until he gets off that plane safely at home. Best Wishes,

Laura

Oh boy, how exciting! I cannot wait til I am in your shoes. DH is finally leaving for Iraq (after 5 months of stateside training) on Tuesday. I am dreading it...please reassure me that after the first few weeks I won't be scared stiff all the time! :guilty:

Enjoy your trip to WDW!

Congratulations!!! :D
We are counting down for DH's leave right now-it will be past his 1/2 way mark, so we will start another shorter countdown when he has to return. We plan a Thanksgiving trip to WDW and will get seasonal passes again. Plan to go a LOT! Even some alone trips. We often talk about these trips and what resort to stay at while IMing! He even has given Disney advice to others seeking it at his camp! :earboy2: I have had to send several sites (including this one!) to him, and he passes those along!
My son and daugher are about the same ages as yours schrei! Think it has been harder on DS.
Keep planning and keep praying for them all to come home safely and quickly.

Alice-you do get somewhat "used to it". Though news can set you off-do avoid it as much as possible. The spiral landings into and out of Baghdad still freak me out (though a convoy would be worse!). I hope he does not have to fly there again-probably once more. But DH calls and e-mails and webcams daily, which is a great comfort. Just know that as soon as he lands in Kuwait his time starts ticking, that is some comfort! Prayers are the only other thing that get us both through this. DH goes to chapel every Sunday-his only down time besides chatting with me. It has given him great comfort. He was/is "on his own", so to speak, but has met and made many friends along the way. Hope your dh has a digital with him! :D

BibbidiBobbidiBOO said:
Congratulations!!! :D

Alice-you do get somewhat "used to it". Though news can set you off-do avoid it as much as possible. The spiral landings into and out of Baghdad still freak me out (though a convoy would be worse!). I hope he does not have to fly there again-probably once more. But DH calls and e-mails and webcams daily, which is a great comfort. Just know that as soon as he lands in Kuwait his time starts ticking, that is some comfort! Prayers are the only other thing that get us both through this. DH goes to chapel every Sunday-his only down time besides chatting with me. It has given him great comfort. He was/is "on his own", so to speak, but has met and made many friends along the way. Hope your dh has a digital with him! :D

I do avoid the news as much as possible; pretty much the only broadcast I regularly tune into is Rush Limbaugh because he is one of the few that puts a positive and upbeat spin on this whole thing.

Sigh........DH's job is leading those convoys as a Cav Scout. Scary stuff. I just pray, pray, pray all the time.

Yes, DH has a digital camera, a laptop and we will be getting web cams soon (1,000 were donated to the OR Nat'l Guard and my family program coordinator has one for me- I just have to go get it).

yah!! So happy your DH will be home soon! Mine will be leaving a few weeks as well! I pray they both return safely!

Thats great news!! My DS should also be leaving Iraq in the next few weeks. The last weeks are so hard because you just want them to leave NOW!!

Alice28 said:
please reassure me that after the first few weeks I won't be scared stiff all the time! :guilty:

Enjoy your trip to WDW!

IMO, Things do settle down and once you get in the groove of things you and he should both be fine.
I still watch the news nightly or try to catch whats going on in Iraq daily. Sometimes, (it sounds wierd) I feel that I loose the connection and have this eary feeling that something has gone bad (something has happened to him. Time passes and I get and I get an email or phone call and then I know we're ok. My husband's unit went over at 183 soldiers, they've lost 2. Two more have come home missing limbs. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was scared for him and or the others. Put your faith in God. You'll be ok!
:Pinkbounc

Will it ever come! My DH comes home Sunday--10:30 2/20-from his year long trek in IRAQ. Know that our family is reunited and :banana: joyfully bliss come this time!

Carla,
Countdown time :goodvibes!! How wonderful that your DH's long tour has come to an end and he is coming home safe and sound. You must be so happy and relieved, with so much to celebrate and catch up on!! Please give him a big hug for us and our heartfelt thanks.

Alice28,
Best wishes and prayers to your DH, you and your family. I do feel your pain :hug:. Once you know he has arrived there safely, it is mind over matter to help cope. No doubt there will be good days and bad, but it helps me to not dwell on all the bad news and convince myself to try to always think positive. It can be difficult as we only hear from son about every 2 weeks, then we don't hear what is actually going on.....but I trust with all my heart he is ok. Some days my DIL and I meet, to cry on each others shoulder :guilty:.

Some avoid the news, however we feel a connection by monitoring it and have a big map of Iraq on our hall wall (surrounded by son's pix) so we will know what area they are reporting on. Our family and our prayer circle are a constant source of faith and encouragement, as I know yours will be.

To the rest of the Mom's, wives and family waiting. Stay strong and God Bless you, your family and your soldier until you meet again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter